What the Folk!

Flight of the Conchords. Yeah those guys. Feel free to discuss them here! Garfunkling!
It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:40 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 226 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 16  Next
nonchalant obsession
 Post subject: Re: General 2012 Tour Discussion Thread
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:41 pm 
WTF!'s Biggest Blasphemer. Apparently.

Someone just tweeted that there are still tickets here. http://premier.ticketek.co.nz/shows/sho ... 2fEkRGPWSo

Venus
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:49 pm 
She did indeed have the time of her life

Some tickets are popping up on the Edge's website too for Auckland tickets. I hope you've still been refreshing, Great H. :lol: You should keep refreshing for as long as it takes on Friday as well because sometimes people give up their tickets if their card doesn't work/the time they have to enter their payment details runs out etc. so it just takes lots of patience and eventually you could end up with good seats.

Follow What The Folk! on Twitter

nonchalant obsession
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:53 pm 

I think she's eating (or drinking) her sorrows away. :lol:

Venus
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:56 pm 

Haha, oh dear. Don't give up that quickly, H. :lol:

nonchalant obsession
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:02 am 

:purple: Poor H. All of us counting on her...

LauraK
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:14 am 
Boom King!

Hang in there, H!! *Fingers crossed!*

nonch- did you make that or is it real?! (God, I hope it's real, lol, but I have a feeling it's not!) I love it!

Great H
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:26 am 
Stop touching the monkeys

I only gave up when all four ticket types continually came up with 'allocation exhausted' after repeated re-tries.
At 12.05
*sigh*

Ok I have a plan.
My friend Shelly who I'm going to go the gig with ( :pray: positive thinking!), & who works in the city just one block from the box office, is going to try for tickets there before work on Friday morning (though she's not a camper-outer). And I'm going to try online and on the phone. Between us we have more chance! If by some freak chance we both wind up with tickets I don't think I'll have a problem selling them on! :lol:

Some other towns faired better than Aucks though - in fact there were still some going for Hamilton a few minutes ago. So if I miss out on Friday for Aucks maybe I'll go for Hamilton fix & make a mad dash down there after work to see that gig. It'd be a super late night by the time I got back to Aucks, and I'd have to go on my own if I did that, but it might be better than missing out altogether!

4everconchordsfan
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:28 am 
David Bowie's nipple antennae

:( :tears: :sosad: Awww, hang in there GreatH. Honestly, when the guys were playing here in the states we had a really rough time of it too. I remember that with a pre-sale, then radio station sale, then the regular general sale it was all rather confusing and nerve wracking.

Initially I didnt get tickets to their 2 Milwaukee shows, then ended up with tickets for both shows. I purchased tickets very close to the show date, they released seats later for a show that was called 'sold out'. I even went so far as to purchase tickets for one show on Ebay. :shock: and the tickets were legitimate. I never purchased from a scalper. There were honest people who purchased who later had conflicts and that forced them to sell the tickets they owned.

Keep the faith and work hard at it! It sounds like you have a really great plan in the works with your friend at the box office and you on the phone & internet. Gosh, ticket sale day made me feel nauseous, nervous, and excited. The anxiety nearly killed me.

Sending good vibes for a great ticket score. :pray: :pray: :hug: :hug:

nonchalant obsession
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:09 pm 

In '09 FoTC also began adding additional shows to several cities, so maybe they will do that? Sometimes even 2 shows on the same day. I wonder where the extra tickets come from that are released near the concert date?

The only show I had any luck at getting tickets for were Amsterdam. And with general admission seating - all I really had to do was score the ticket. :lol: Even that wasn't easy or relaxing though. The website was in DUTCH! :o There were 3 of us trying and only 1 of us got tickets, both shows sold out very quickly. With Ticketmaster I got crap seats to the other shows I wanted to attend, even using all the ticket-buying-tips on this site and others -and I certainly had no lack of desire or effort. :wink: I turned to stubhub and the like for amazing tickets to the two US shows I attended in 2010. I even got my Vegas front row seats at face value, just by being a constant lurker and grabbing them at the right moment. I paid more than face value for the Hollywood Bowl tickets, but it felt no different to me than paying a higher price for great seats at the theater. :dunno: The Conchords tried to vex the scalpers by requiring ID's etc at the gate in 2010, but none of it worked. It's a complicated problem and it really sucks that the average joe can't very often get a great ticket the old fashioned way. Hopefully queuing up at the box office will work - though I doubt the scalpers will have much trouble finding college kids to camp out, while regular folk's have to actually go to work.

Laura, yes I made it. :bounce:

I wonder how many tickets were available in the Visa presale? Hawke's Bay in Auckland only sells 955 tickets. If they sell 300 at the box office Friday morning, the online ticket sales at noon may go as quickly as they did yesterday. :|

There are quite a few articles today reporting how fast the pre-sale tickets vanished. This one says presale tickets to all shows sold out within 30 minutes.

This bit is from the ever jovial Edge website. :D

Quote:
Get your best pair of jandals on because finally the rumours are confirmed - Flight of the Conchords touch down in New Zealand this June for a nine
city nationwide tour, but you’ll have to be quick to nab a ticket!...
...Kiwi fans in the meantime, hoping for a chance to see them live, have had to be content with watching Flight of the Conchord DVDs, listening to their CDs (sometimes sitting in a cardboard box trying to fend off Hurt Feelings!) and crossing their fingers and toes. But this June the wait is over. Bret and Jemaine are back on stage together - and what better place to do it than the country where it all began!

:heart: this is all so exciting.

SheWolf
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:38 pm 
Boom King!

We could write a book about our frustrating and anxiety ridden ticket buying experiences I’m sure. The 2009 presale worked out really well for the NYC metro-ers. I was pleased that we all got great seats for a venue as large as Radio City. (I even got mine shortly before the show when additional tickets were released) and great seats for Philly as well. Amsterdam involved getting up at 3 or 4 am. After Ireland sold out, there was a weird glitch on the Dutch site and I couldn’t translate the pages, Nonch saved the day.

As if the scalping isn’t disgusting enough I was pretty sickened by the fact that they were practically giving the tix away on the day at the Berkeley 09 & Hollywood 10 shows. At the Bowl I think they managed to eventually fill that place pretty well but Berkeley was different story. :roll:

LauraK
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:57 pm 
Boom King!

Yep, I had only just discovered them in '09 and saw that the show here was already sold out. :( But then the next day they added a second show! I got front row pit seats and realize how very lucky I was. Good Lord, I remember the stress I felt just reading what everyone else was going through trying to get tickets for the others shows that year and in '10! As well as coordinating flights and hotels.... :thud:

H- I hope they add a second show for you! Failing that, I'm vibing that your friend gets 2 of those 300 at the box office Friday. :pray:

emira
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:58 pm 
Half a shapely halibut

Dear H, I was really sorry to hear that you didn't succeed with the tickets yesterday and REALLy hope you get them on Friday. :pray: If not Auckland, then Hamilton is not really that far comparing Poland -> UK distance. But maybe you're not as obsessed about the guys as some of us here are ;)

Good luck! :cheer: :hug:

Venus
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:33 pm 

Haha, nonch. Great photoshop! :lol:

Sounds like a great plan, H. Really hoping you're able to make it to a show! :pray:

Ah, ticket stories. Thankfully, I've had quite a lot of luck in the past when it came to purchasing FOTC tickets. In 2010, I took part in the initial pre-sale for the European dates and ended up buying two sets of tickets: 2nd row tickets for one London date and 6th row tickets for another London date. Then their Wembley Arena show was announced at a later date and I totally lucked out by getting front row centre tickets during another pre-sale. I remember I was able to purchase Wembley Arena tickets a couple of minutes before tickets were meant to be released so keep refreshing before the time tickets are meant to be released because I know people who have even managed to buy tickets half an hour before tickets were meant to go on sale. Keep refreshing for a good amount of time after tickets are released too. Ticket sites may say "sold out/allocation exhausted" after a few minutes but usually many tickets become available after a while because once people choose their tickets and add them to their virtual basket, they have a time limit to enter their payment details and sometimes this part of the process isn't completed so tickets become up for grabs again.

Puchasing tickets can be such a nerve-wracking process :nails: but I know you can do it, H! :cheer:

And nonch, I was totally thinking about the same thing when it comes to scalpers getting people to queue up for them. I was reminded of that process due to the recent release of the new iPad where people who had to go to work paid people who had some free time to queue up for them. :hrm: Hopefully that won't happen but yes, it's so tricky to fully beat scalpers these days.

Great H
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:35 am 
Stop touching the monkeys

Eeek!
At least they are limiting box office bought tickets to 2 per person so a scalper can't come in and buy up a big handful - people who legitimately want more than 2 tickets have to have more than one person physically there. So that's something, and, I also read that they are not going to be sending out the actual tickets for several weeks (though that one may be for online sales only), in an effort to deter scalpers.
Still, why do I get the feeling I'm not going to be going to this gig?!
Guess I'll know for sure in about 18 hours!

nonchalant obsession
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:03 pm 

Yeah, it's a pretty small venue for the country's largest city - and only one show. (so far) :nails:

I hope people have nice weather for the camp out :supz: - whatever they are camping out for. :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 226 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 16  Next