Official Introduction Thread - Greetings fellow earthlings

New to Flight of The Conchords? Or just new to the site and forums? Either way, please take a minute to stop by and say hello. Cheers!
tynant
Giving the paper to the people

Re: Official Introduction Thread - Greetings fellow earthlin

Postby tynant » Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:30 am

Hello all! I guess it is time for me to come out of the woodwork. I have been lurking since early January (probably earlier, just not registered) and have decided to go public with my Conchordian obsession. Back in 2006, a good friend of mine thought I would really enjoy FOTC humor and told me (repeatedly) to check them out. Sadly, I just never got around to it. Sometime last year, I saw Dinner for Schmucks and was mesmerized by Jemaine's character. A few weeks later, I saw Gentlemen Broncos and thought Chevalier looked vaguely familiar. After seeing the actors' names, I went searching on the interwebs for Jemaine - and of course, came across FOTC. I bought both seasons of the HBO show and have been so sad to have missed the boat. I was so surprised to hear that they were going to tour New Zealand and am excited about the fact that I got tickets to one of the Wellington shows! :supz: Now...how to get to New Zealand... :shock:

Great H
Stop touching the monkeys

Postby Great H » Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:36 am

tynant wrote:am excited about the fact that I got tickets to one of the Wellington shows! Now...how to get to New Zealand...
For real?! WOOHOO! (Are you paying attention, Nonch?!) :lol:

Hi Tyrant! :wave: Better late to the party than never!
Whereabouts are you? Try for other cities too - do a tour! :D

I'm very glad to have someone else here to share the photo-taking, gig reviewing responsibilities for this tour :lol: There's a thread ready and waiting for each individual show – and a hungry hoard ready to slaver over your every detail! A jermainiac eh? I'm a Bretero myself...

:group:

Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Postby Venus » Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:03 pm

Hi there tynant :wave:

Welcome to the forum! Glad you decided to de-lurk! Agreed with Great H, better late than never. You got tickets to one of FOTC's Welly shows? And you're travelling from afar? That's so cool! :clap: I hope all your travel plans work out. Please do post in the tour section of the forum letting us know which show you're going to. Yes, I'll be one of the WTF-ers hanging on to your every detail about the gig when the time comes so I hope you'll be able to share you experience/pics/videos etc with us. :D
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:13 pm

Hi tynant! Welcome! :wave:

Glad to have you here. Have a look at the Forum Rules and then post away. And by the way, gushing is encouraged! :wink:
Oh, fish-like Lady
Lady-like Fish
I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady
No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit
La-dy-ish! Yeah!

Great H

Postby Great H » Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:35 pm

Tynant?
Oops! :shock:
I called you Tyrant! :roll2:
Slight difference there H! :oops: Sorry Tynant!
(Maybe I'll just stick with Ty. Can I call you Ty?!)
Good to meet you anyways.
:D

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:42 pm

Well, GH, WE weren't going to say anything! :rolls:
Oh, fish-like Lady

Lady-like Fish

La-dy-ish! Yeah!

nonchalant obsession
WTF!'s Biggest Blasphemer. Apparently.

Postby nonchalant obsession » Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:14 am

Welcome to WTF!, tynant! :wave: I hope you've seen the Dinner for Schmucks thread. Lot's of Kieran goodness in there. :tonqe: That is super exciting that you have tickets to a show! :yay: I hope you will take lots of photos! Lol @ getting tickets first... and worrying about getting to New Zealand later. :roll2: Trust me, Great H. I thought about it. :lol:
Image..Image..Image

tynant

Postby tynant » Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:56 am

:wave: Hi!

Yeah, for real, Great H!! I cannot believe it myself! I am super excited about it, too. :rock:

I live in Washington, DC and am happy to make the journey to see FOTC live. It was decided, by me, that IF I could get tickets to one of the NZ shows, I should most definitely go! I may try for tickets to other shows and do a tour - however, cost will be a factor. I only hope that I can live up to the expectations for photos and reviews of the gig(s). :shock:

Wow...such a warm welcome :D !!! Great H, no worries about the tyrant/tynant mix-up. :lol: ty is just fine with me. Nonch, I will definitely take a look at the Dinner for Schmucks thread. I am definitely a Jemaniac - Bret certainly has his charms, but there is something about Jemaine. Mmm mmm mmm! :drool:

I look forward to sharing my love of FOTC with all of you! :D

4everconchordsfan
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby 4everconchordsfan » Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:37 pm

tynant wrote:I live in Washington, DC and am happy to make the journey to see FOTC live. It was decided, by me, that IF I could get tickets to one of the NZ shows, I should most definitely go! I may try for tickets to other shows and do a tour - however, cost will be a factor. I only hope that I can live up to the expectations for photos and reviews of the gig(s). :shock: :D

:prayer: :prayer: Wow! Tynant, you're quite impressive and we couldn't be more proud of you! :biggrin: :thumb: Showing true fangurl form. :supz: I'm so excited for you! So excited. Can't wait to see your pics and vid and don't nervous about it.

So glad to have another Jemainiac on board. :love: Although I have to admit that Bret is adorable and it's often too hard to pass on his charms. :halo:

:bighug: We're so glad to have you with us and I look forward to getting to know ya.

Hey, did you know that Taika Waititi is in DC tomorrow, will you attend?
"they're my celebrities, they're what I care about"

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:30 am

Well ty, if you're going to NZ, maybe you'd like to meet up with some WTFers in NYC at the Men In Black opening in May? It's only a little train ride away. :dunno:
Oh, fish-like Lady

Lady-like Fish

La-dy-ish! Yeah!

tynant

Postby tynant » Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:52 pm

Nancy, I did see the posts about the premiere in NYC for MIB. I certainly will consider going to represent the fine fans at WTF. :yay: :yay:

Also, in fangurl style, yes 4everconchordsfan, I did attend the showing of BOY in DC and stayed after to talk with Taika Waititi. He is so personable and silly :P Oh...and did I forget to mention GOODLOOKING?! Wholly Moly! :drool:

4everconchordsfan
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby 4everconchordsfan » Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:00 pm

tynant wrote:Also, in fangurl style, yes 4everconchordsfan, I did attend the showing of BOY in DC and stayed after to talk with Taika Waititi. He is so personable and silly :P Oh...and did I forget to mention GOODLOOKING?! Wholly Moly! :drool:

:yay: That is so way cool Ty. :woohoo:

:love: Taika is very charming & good looking! :heart: Did you get a pic with him? C'mon don't be shy, we want to see it. :D No pressure. haha. Really no pressure though. Soon enough you can post to the members only thread where there's a bit more privacy, that is if you're shy. If you're not shy, don't keep us waiting, ok? :lol:

I have not had the pleasure of meeting Taika. Seems that he is hitting every major city except Chicago. Seriously!? Oh well. I keep watching and hoping. I am so excited for those who have had the chance for some face time with him. I love hearing about your experiences.

Anything new & exciting revealed? Do tell. :thumb:
"they're my celebrities, they're what I care about"

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:51 pm

Welcome ty! I'm so happy you delurked to share your exciting news about getting tix and going to NZ! I'll admit to being a bit green but also looking forward to hearing about your experiences over there and seeing pics! :D

Are your seats Jemaine-side or Bret-side? Are you going alone or with a sig-other or friends? Have you seen Tongan Ninja? :lol: You really must see that before meeting Jemaine....

Welcome and glad you've joined us! :)
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

Cameron J. Kenworthy
New arrival

Postby Cameron J. Kenworthy » Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:45 am

Hello, I'm Cameron. I live in northeaster washington state in the US, and I am just going into college as a freshmen. I'm a computer science major, so I love programming and everything that you would ever associate with being a nerd.

My girlfriend showed me FoTC a while back and I was instantly hooked on the sort of "not making a joke just saying funny things" humor that FoTC captures so well ;) Also, as a guilty pleasure my favorite song from the series has to be "Too Many Dicks On the Dance Floor", it's just a masterpiece.

And yes, I was saddened every day when I walked through my high school and only 4 or 5 people knew what FoTC was ;)
Of course I had all the episodes backed up on my laptop so I would be constantly showing my friends.

Great H

Postby Great H » Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:04 am

Hi again Cameron! :wave: I'm sure some others will be along to say hello properly in a bit. It can be a bit quiet in here these days - though I'm sure things will hot up when the tour starts! :lol:
It's always nice to meet the newbies and find out where they're from etc. I think there are a few WTF'ers in your area-ish, certainly there have been (and will be more) meet-ups in New York now and then. I know there's going to be one for the Men in Black premiere (Jemaine is in it!) for example. There's a thread about that somewhere here if you're into that. (I'm on the other side of the planet so I'm out for that! :lol: )
Anyways, welcome, and jump on in! :D

Return to “Introduce yourself - Feel free say hello here before posting. Thanks”