Official Introduction Thread - Greetings fellow earthlings

New to Flight of The Conchords? Or just new to the site and forums? Either way, please take a minute to stop by and say hello. Cheers!

Moderator: Nancy

Re: Official Introduction Thread - Greetings fellow earthlin

Postby Great H » Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:04 am

Hi again Cameron! :wave: I'm sure some others will be along to say hello properly in a bit. It can be a bit quiet in here these days - though I'm sure things will hot up when the tour starts! :lol:
It's always nice to meet the newbies and find out where they're from etc. I think there are a few WTF'ers in your area-ish, certainly there have been (and will be more) meet-ups in New York now and then. I know there's going to be one for the Men in Black premiere (Jemaine is in it!) for example. There's a thread about that somewhere here if you're into that. (I'm on the other side of the planet so I'm out for that! :lol: )
Anyways, welcome, and jump on in! :D
Great H
Stop touching the monkeys

Postby Nancy » Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:18 am

Welcome officially, Cameron! :wave:
Glad to have you around. Make sure you have a look at the forum rules and then post away. :type:

I work with folks your age and younger, and only a rare few have heard of FoTC here. It's great that you've been able to spread the word and show friends their awesomeness. :D
Oh, fish-like Lady
Lady-like Fish
I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady
No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit
La-dy-ish! Yeah!
Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Venus » Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:11 pm

Hi there, Cameron! Welcome to the forums. :)
Have you seen FOTC live? In a few months time, Bret and Jemaine will be touring New Zealand and Australia but hopefully we won't have to wait too long until they return to tour the US & UK.
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter
Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Postby tynant » Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:46 am

Hi everyone again. I feel bad for having been too busy with real life stuff to visit this site. :P 4everconchordsfan, I did get a pic with Taika, but am a little shy to post here...maybe if I can post to the members only thread, I will post my photo. :oops: I wish that I had thought about asking about new projects. I know he mentioned the WWII film and the film about vampires, but he didn't give any additional details.

Hi LauraK! :wave: I still cannot believe that I got tickets to one of the shows! As far as I can tell, my seats are Bret-side. I have been thinking of taking my son with me (he's 15), but I am still in the early planning stages of the trip. Hopefully I will get everything finalized soon. I haven't seen Tongan Ninja yet. That is on the agenda, too! :)
tynant
Giving the paper to the people

Postby LauraK » Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:23 pm

No worries- life happens! :)

Can't wait to hear how the trip goes and whether you get to take your son. How long will you be staying? Enough to do some nice sight-seeing as well, I hope. :) Maybe you'll meet a WTFer or 2. :) Which show are you going to, there are 3 in Wellington, right?
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image
LauraK
Boom King!

Postby Venus » Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:35 pm

Hi tynant. I have no problem with granting you access to the Members Only area but before I do so, we usually ask of members who wish to have access to this part of the forum to post around in different sections of the forum over a period of time so that we can get to know you and vice versa and to ensure you're an active member of the forum. More info can be found here. :)
&
Venus

Postby nonchalant obsession » Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:26 pm

Hi Cameron! :) Welcome to WTF! Thanks for taking a minute to say hi. It's always so nice to meet other people who enjoy the Conchords. The guys really cranked out some hilarious and brilliant songs for that second season of the HBO series. :lol: It's exciting to know that they are writing new material at this very moment.

I hope you get to experience them in concert when they come back and tour the US. The live show is not to be missed.
Image..Image..Image
nonchalant obsession
WTF!'s Biggest Blasphemer. Apparently.

Postby oaktreefolktree » Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:08 pm

Hi guys! I didn't know there was a Flight of the Conchords forum until about a week ago, but when I found out I knew I had to join! I've always wanted a Casio DG-20 after seeing them use it on TV one night, and have been listening to them ever since.
oaktreefolktree
New arrival

Postby LauraK » Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:35 pm

Have you acquired one yet, oaktree? If not...well, there are only 6 hours left!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CASIO-DG-20-MID ... 3f1666c212

Of course there are others out there as well.... :) And- :welcome:
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image
LauraK
Boom King!

Postby Venus » Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:02 am

Hi there, oaktreefolktree! :wave: Welcome to the forum! The DG-20 is a very cool instrument. Perhaps if you get to see them live you might even be able to see the DG-20 in action. ;)
&
Venus

Postby Nancy » Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:51 am

Welcome, OTFT! :wave: (can I call you OTFT?)

Check out our forum rules and post away! Sadly, I never saw the legendary Casio DG-20 in any of the live shows I got to see, but there were plenty of other magic moments to make up for it! :D
Oh, fish-like Lady
Lady-like Fish
La-dy-ish! Yeah!
Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby somekindofsomething » Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:54 pm

Okay, I'm not sure how to do this, haha.
But hellooo! My name is Deana, and I'm a bit new to Flight of the Conchords. I've actually known about them for a couple of years now, but have just now recently watched their series (just finished their ONLY two seasons the other night, and I now have no idea what to do with my life), and am now looking at their other individual acts (just ordered Tongan Ninja the other night so far). I found out about them from Jemaine, actually. I saw him on Dinner for Schmucks, and thought he was just....awesome. So I originally came in on Jemaine's team, but found out how adorable Bret also was. But, I mean, they already have families of their own, so...haha, no, just kidding. But...yeah.:) Just wanted to meet with other people who love them like I do, because right now, majority of the people around me have no idea who they are, and don't really care when I talk about them or fangirl over them. Nice to meet you all!:) If someone would maybe show me the ropes?

P.S. I know I'm a little late joining, and there may not be much going on now, but hopefully I'm still welcome, haha!
somekindofsomething
New arrival

Postby Venus » Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:47 am

Hi there! You are of course very welcome to the forum! :wave: It is a bit of quiet period now but as soon as there's major news like a live tour, activity will definitely pick up so hopefully they'll announce something in the not too distant future. :pray: Whereabouts are you from? I'm glad you've discovered FOTC and that you're continuing to discover various projects they've been involved in. Feel free to ask any questions on the forum whenever you're unsure about anything or you can send me a private message, just click on the "PM" button underneath this post or you can click on my username to take you to my profile and click on "PM". Your inbox of private messages can be found on the top left of the screen when you're logged in. :)

OK, I'll give you a quick tour of the main sections of the forum. First of all, please take a moment to read the forum rules and guidelines here. :)

I'd recommend checking out the tour sections of our forum which is jam packed with pics, videos and personal experiences of seeing FOTC live and meeting Bret & Jemaine. Here's the 2009 tour section, 2010 tour section and the 2012 tour section.

There are also picture threads of Bret and Jemaine. Here's the current Jemaine photo thread and the Bret photo thread. You can find more photo threads and other creative stuff in this section of the forum. The current photo thread of Bret & Jemaine in pics together can be found here (the older one can be found here)

And of course there are the individual sections dedicated to Bret's solo projects & a section dedicated to Jemaine's solo projects & there's the Flight of the Conchords section. Also make sure you check out other the sub-forums for discussion on the TV show etc.

I find the "View Active Topics" function quite useful to see recent posts when I'm on the forum. This can be found near the top left of the screen.

Hope that helps! Again, don't hesitate to ask any questions if you're unsure and feel free to revive any inactive/older topics because we never get tired of discussing Bret & Jemaine. :D
&
Venus

Postby Nancy » Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:50 pm

Welcome, somekindofsomething, or skos! :wave:
Venus pretty much covered the basics, I would say just dive in and enjoy! :D
Oh, fish-like Lady
Lady-like Fish
La-dy-ish! Yeah!
Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Danielle » Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:51 pm

Hi! I'm Danielle. I hail from the bustling metropolis known as Detroit. I'm an Aquarius. I have a weakness for puppies, country music, and Jello-O Puddin' Pops. My fave episode is 'Unnatural Love' and my fave tunes are 'Carol Brown'/'Too Many Dicks'/'Sugar Lumps'. Just scored tix for Sept. 1 and I CANNOT WAIT!!! :D :D :D
Danielle
New arrival

PreviousNext

Return to Introduce yourself - Feel free say hello here before posting. Thanks