What the Folk!

Flight of the Conchords. Yeah those guys. Feel free to discuss them here! Garfunkling!
It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:09 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 726 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45 ... 49  Next
YisBot
 Post subject: Re: Men in Black III - SPOILERS!
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 7:57 am 
Keeping it funky

Is it just me or is does it sound like Jemaine is bringing back the Chevalier voice for this character? and may I say DAMN!! Look at those muscles! :love:

mohumbhai mania
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 1:49 pm 
Can Attack!

I have to see this.
And, aw, what a sweetie.

And, man, Nicole. Jeez louise, she's a fox!

I am bike-cheese!

Venus
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 9:03 pm 
She did indeed have the time of her life

Haha, yeah I think we've heard a few variations of Jemaine's Chevalier voice now. :lol:

Quote:
Sneak peek at Jemaine Clement in Men in Black III
Fri, 04 May 2012 6:37p.m.
By Kate Rodger

The Flight of the Conchords are set to storm stages across New Zealand on their first tour in years, but the dynamic duo aren't content with that.

They've both got burgeoning movie careers and in just a few weeks, Jemaine Clement's Hollywood big hitter Men in Black III opens.

“The first day we put the make-up on it took 8 hours,” says Clemet. “So, before you even start your work day. You've already had what most people think is a work day.”

Clement plays Boris the Animal, chief badass alien in the third Men in Black movie

This is the first eyeful we've had of what he looks like and as the man says, looking this badass takes time.

“I have to get up around 3am and come in half asleep or even completely asleep as they're gluing things and spraying things onto my face.”

Barry Sonnenfeld directed all the Men in Black movies and is a big fan of Clement. The only issue he had was understanding a single word he said.

“He speaks with a very specific New Zealand accent,” says Sonnenfeld. “I literally could not understand a single word he said. So I got him to speak to me only in a British accent, which he can do very well. That way I could understand him.”

This funny accent we New Zealanders have was just all a bit much for Sonnenfeld, but Clement was still his one and only choice for the role.

“I loved him in Flight of the Conchords, although nothing about that said he should be the villain in my movie. I loved him in Dinner For Schmucks, and that was produced by Walter Parks who also produced Men in Black III. He said I should meet Jemaine and I did and I thought he was fantastic. He’s got a phenomenal voice, it’s very deep. He’s very funny and I knew he would be able to bring something extra to the character.

Back in black is Will Smith, joined this time by fellow Oscar nominee Josh Brolin. Brolin also rates Clement as a huge talent, although he did uncover one of his weaknesses.

“He’s amazing,” says Brolin. “He’s great to work with. He is a little afraid of heights though.”

That fear hasn’t stopped Clement's continued ascent up the Hollywood ladder and you can see him leap up this latest rung when Men in Black III hits our cinemas May 24.

3 News

Source

Follow What The Folk! on Twitter

mohumbhai mania
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 2:51 pm 
Can Attack!

Maybe Barry Sonnenfeld needs to watch this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdVHZwI8pcA

I am bike-cheese!

Venus
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 7:51 pm 

Haha, yes! I hope he's exaggerating though.

A new MIB 3 TV spot which features a glimpse of Jemaine:

A featurette with a few glimpses of Jemaine but there's more footage of him towards the end when they describe his alien motorcycle:

Venus
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 11:38 pm 

A new featurette. You can see how they applied all the make-up on Jemaine towards the end of the video. :D
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=90306

Rick Baker on Jemaine:

Quote:
Of course, Baker also designed the lead alien: the bad guy, Boris the Animal, played by Jemaine Clement. Baker designed a very badass biker costume, complete with goggles that seem to be embedded deep in Boris’s eye sockets. “I got the chance to make Jemaine into something he really isn’t,” says Baker. “He’s really a very gentle man, but in the costume, he is much more menacing – and, the women on set have told me, sexy.”

“When I first came in, Rick Baker sat me down and asked, ‘Are you claustrophobic?’” Clement recalls, laughing. “He asked me all of these questions – I’m not sure if they were intended to scare me, and they did scare me a little. He also mentioned that a lot of people who do a makeup-effects character only do it once in their careers.” And with good reason: on his first day on set, Clement spent eight hours in the makeup chair (a total that was soon streamlined to three-to-four hours once they established a rhythm).

Source

SheWolf
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 1:32 pm 
Boom King!

Nice. If you pause the scene where J is in the makeup chair sometimes you can see his rubber head on the counter. :lol:

nonchalant obsession
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 6:57 pm 
WTF!'s Biggest Blasphemer. Apparently.

It is! lol

Wait...so Jemaine's beard was glued on? Then why did he grow that monstrosity last year? Or did he take to wearing the fake beard 24/7 - even in public - just to save time in the makeup chair? :lol:

Was the mustache and soul patch for real, you think?

Nancy
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 8:07 pm 
Persona Non Regatta

All right you folks with superior vision and knowledge of the Jem beard - were we looking at a fake beard all last year when he was out and about? :puzzled:
I think the stache and patch are his. :dunno:

No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit
La-dy-ish! Yeah!

SheWolf
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 9:14 pm 
Boom King!

Dudes you cannot fake this type of hideous beardliness. (though personally I found it enticing :drool: ).

I was told that he grew the beard in order to shorten the time in the makeup chair and this makes sense. I can only assume that this clip was shot at the very beginning of filming (not likely coz he sort of had a normal beard all along) or more likely, near the end or possibly reshoots? Note that when we saw him in his off time during filming he appeared to have his chest partially shaven while it doesn't seem to be shaved in this clip. Tis curious. :hrm:

Nancy
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 10:00 pm 
Persona Non Regatta

I think you're right, SW. The only thing more uncomfortable than this beard is wearing a fake one a minute longer than you have to.

La-dy-ish! Yeah!

nonchalant obsession
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 2:44 pm 
WTF!'s Biggest Blasphemer. Apparently.

And the real one is so grey... SW, do you dig the moustache/soul patch look on Big J? I wonder how long his hair was at this point? It sucks we didn't get an off duty photo of him in this phase :waggle: though iirc we did see him with longish hair but without the moustache and soul patch. (if in fact they were real) :rolleyes:

Less than a week until the NYC premiere! 8) I hope Jemaine turns up to this one. As far as I can tell he's been a no-show at all the others.

The red carpet will be livestreamed here. They don't promise Jemaine, but hasn't he mentioned somewhere that he had to head to the US to promote the movie?

I'm also seeing reviews of the movie popping up everywhere. Bits of this one caught my attention. (warning: contains a few spoilers)

Quote:
Opening with a heavy-hitting prison break on the Moon’s Lunar Max prison, we’re introduced to the film’s Big Bad: Boris The Animal (Flight Of The Conchords’ Jemaine Clement). Boris is a lethal Boglodite with a fanged space vagina on the palm of his one remaining hand, where a symbiotic space-weasel dwells, spitting out deadly organic quills like miniature harpoons. Needless to say, creature creator extraordinaire Rick Baker hasn’t lost his knack for memorable monster design. Boris has goggles for eyes, a fondness for biker-chic and a voice deep enough to make your seat vibrate, but the best thing about him is that he isn’t just out to watch the world burn – his reasons for clashing with the MIB are much more personal.

The result is that this threequel is a curiously intimate blockbuster. A thick layer of melancholy blankets the first act as old-school-K reflects on the life he’s lived and his likely fate in this line of business. Boris, you see, only has one arm because K shot the other off, dooming the Boglodite race to extinction in the process. Revenge is at hand though, because Boris is able to erase future-K from existence by killing him in the past, leaving J to pursue the interstellar crim through time itself.

"fanged space vagina"?!?!? :roll2: :roll2:

So how exactly does getting his arm shot off doom the race to extinction? :hrm: :dunno: Unless... :shock: If Boris is the only male Boglodite and K basically castrated him, no wonder he's pisssed. :lol:

"a voice deep enough to make your seat vibrate...." :blush: Mmmmhmmm. But Rick Baker shouldn't get credit for that...

SheWolf
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 11:25 pm 
Boom King!

nonchalant obsession wrote:
"a voice deep enough to make your seat vibrate...." :blush:
Wow, yeah and NICE. :thumb:

I hate soul patches as a rule and J's is no exception. I'm pretending I didn't see it. :whistle:

Thanks for info on the E live red carpet, it narrows down the time frame a bit.

This is pretty um...well...I dunno...
http://movies.yahoo.com/news/smith-slap ... 18613.html

LauraK
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 2:19 am 
Boom King!

I don't know...wasn't that just an exuberant European-style-double-cheek-kiss? If the guy got near Will's mouth it was only because Will so quickly jerked his head to the side. Kind of an extreme reaction... :shrug:

Oh man...I hope we get to see Boris' penis-hand before K blasts it off... :o :lol:

Nancy
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 2:13 pm 
Persona Non Regatta

That review made it sound like if Boris applauded, well, little Borises would ensue, and then ... he lost the arm - kinda sad for Boris. :(

La-dy-ish! Yeah!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 726 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45 ... 49  Next