Lady-like Fish
I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady
No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit
La-dy-ish! Yeah!
Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Re: 13 July, Adelaide Entertainment Centre SA

Postby 4everconchordsfan » Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:53 pm

:boogie: :clap: :prayer: Peaches show, Peaches show, Yay Peaches :yay: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :nana: :adoration: :cheer: :dance: :whitey: :whitey: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Um. I'm a bit excited for ya! Can't wait to hear all of the scoops! :hug:
"they're my celebrities, they're what I care about"
4everconchordsfan
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby SheWolf » Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:50 pm

Ditto. I'm vibing hard for a J hug for her. :thumb: :folkon:
90% evil
ImageImage
SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:49 pm

~*>~*>~*>~*>Meet n greet plus J-Dawg hug~*>~*>~*>~*>
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image
LauraK
Boom King!

Postby Venus » Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:27 pm

:nod: Hope Peaches had a wonderful time at the gig! :D

Jemaine had various nicknames for Adelaide rather than the usual "Radelaide" during the gig. :lol:
Credit to on @Jdnrm:
Jemaine Clement called us Radelaide, Dadelaide, Sadelaide, Madelaide & Gonadelaide. Hilarious ( in context) ‪#Adelaide‬ ‪#fotc‬

Posted on the FOTC FB page. :)

Credit to rhyspallet on Instagram:

Credit to dragonkaz on Instagram:

Credit to nowthaturgone on Instagram:

Credit to pjsteinfort on Instagram:
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter
Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Postby Emusement » Sat Jul 14, 2012 5:16 am

I've created an entry for their Adelaide set list here -
http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/flight-of ... cb750.html

Their new song, f*** on the Ceiling, was awesome! It sounded even better than any of the performances on Youtube. Bret put on a really beefy voice, which was hilarious. It also sounded really familiar, especially the chorus, but I can't really place any songs that might have inspired it. Apart from that, they did an excellent rendition of Bowie. I didn't expect the costume change mid-song in the dark so that was really cool (as was seeing Jemaine's nipples!). They'd also improved The summer of 1353, with Bret doing all the characters Jemaine approached in his quest to Woo a lady, and also the lady at the end, with really funny voices and facials.

"Band stories"/Banter etc
Analysis of Too many dicks (on the dancefloor)
The excitement of getting complimentary muffins in their hotel rooms
Stuck in an elevator (stayed in there for hours until they thought it was actually an emergency, then used the elevator emergency phone to call for help, and finally escaped by pushing the "G" button (G is for "get out of this lift!")
Whales using mobile phones to call for help
Audience interaction with the Song for epileptic dogs
Emusement
New arrival

Postby Great H » Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:33 am

Hi Emusement! :wave:
You've found your way to the right place! Welcome to our gang!
I'd totally forgotten about the elevator story and the G button! :lol:
BTW, is that a new story is it one you all in the US/UK have heard already?
Oh I'm so pleased our boys are making so many people happy on this tour! :nod:

:biggrin:
Great H
Stop touching the monkeys

Postby SheWolf » Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:11 pm

Great H wrote:BTW, is that a new story is it one you all in the US/UK have heard already?
Yes. They told the muffin, elevator & whale stories during the 2010 tour.
90% evil
ImageImage
SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby Venus » Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:17 pm

Hi there, Emusement. :wave: Welcome to the forum! Thank you so much for sharing the setlist and the highlights of the gig. I've seen a video of the updated version of 1353 and it sounds great with Bret's involvement too. How was the gig overall for you? Did you manage to take any photos/videos? Sounds like you must have had a blast. :D

A review by AdelaideNow:
Impossibly huge, yet still so real - Flight of the Conchords concert review
Tim Hilferty
July 14, 2012 2:32PM

New Zealand comedy duo Flight of the Conchords perform at the Entertainment Centre. Picture: Nigel Parsons

FLIGHT of the Conchords used to market themselves as New Zealand's fourth most popular folk parody duo.

After last night's sold-out performance at Adelaide Entertainment Centre, it's hard to make such endearingly self-effacing claims with a straight face.

They have become impossibly huge. Bret McKenzie has an Academy Award and he and partner Jemaine Clement have guest starred on The Simpsons.

No longer can they play intimate venues to smug fans who are keeping the secret to themselves.

But they have managed to translate that smokey room atmosphere onto the big stage. For almost two hours they performed crowd favourites and hilarious new songs with the same earnestness that has been their trademark for more than a decade.

In fact, they are so likable, so real and so approachable that dozens of people in the crowd felt the need to yell out requests, marriage proposal or their own attempts at humour.

It was the one complaint about the show, but Bret and Jemaine dealt with the distractions like pros.

There are funny, they are constantly refreshing their material, and they are incredible musicians. Don't miss them next time

Source
&
Venus

Postby Emusement » Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:13 am

Venus wrote: How was the gig overall for you? Did you manage to take any photos/videos? Sounds like you must have had a blast. :D

Yes, it was great. I loved that they played a few of their older songs from before the TV series as well as the newest ones. I guess most bands do that, but it was still nice. I would have loved to have heard Prince of Parties live, but oh well, I got to hear a great rendition of Bowie, which is another great oldy. Unfortunately I didn't take any photos/videos as we'd forgotten the camera and our phones are too old to bother trying to get any pictures with. It was first time ever that our 12 month old daughter had been babysat, so we were a bit distracted by that. It could have been a good thing that I didn't have a camera though, or I might have spent more time trying to get photos etc than actually enjoying the experience. I wished I'd been able to record Business time though, it was one of the best live versions I've heard (I still think the all time best version is the HBO One Night Stand version). After the "making love for two minutes" bit, Jemaine said "It's concentrated love... the cordial of love", and there were some other good lines in there too, about her having a sexy Kiwi accent, and some I can't remember. The girl sitting next to me filmed it, and I was so close to saying to her "Put that on youtube!". I haven't been able to find anything from Adelaide on youtube so far, which is a bit disappointing. I would have thought that of the thousands of people there that someone would have uploaded something. At least there are a few pics floating around.
Emusement
New arrival

Postby Venus » Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:30 pm

That's true about cameras. As much as you'd love to capture photos and videos for your memories, sometimes it is best to just sit back and enjoy the show (a bit harder for the rest of us who were not in attendance at these gigs though since we always welcome any footage to make us feel as though we were there ;)). Hopefully some more footage from this gig will turn up. In the meantime I guess you could look at videos taken at other gigs and see if they performed in a similiar way. I love how Jemaine has changed up "Business Time". He must be quite tired of performing it for so long but it's good that he's still trying to keep it fresh by changing it up a bit.

Credit to dj.ian:

A few pics courtesy of snerkie on Tumblr

&
Venus

Postby Peaches » Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:38 am

I came by to check out if anyone had posted pics! Here's my story...I may have PM'd some of you already but I'll just repeat what I wrote;

Anyway....so yes, concert was fab, like really really good! Even though I was on Bret side...haha, but Jemaine had his chist out several times! Some drunk idiot yelled out 'show us yer tits' - to which the boys replied, 'uh, we don't have any tits...' - but then Jemaine got sidetracked and kept imagining he had boobs. Haha, it was very cute :D

So afterwards, lined up for my merch - no undies on sale unfortunately - but got a tea towel, tshirt and poster. I was one of the last in line, so it was pretty dead by the time we left....and OH MY GOD. WHO SHOULD BE OUT THE FRONT TAKING A PHOTO. BRET AND JEMAINE!! ATRJGNERGJ!! I then made the biggest mistake of my life, and just said, 'that was a great show guys, thank for you coming to Adelaide!' and WALKED OFF.
I WAS TOO SCARED TO ASK FOR A PHOTO. OH MY GOD. I SHALL REGRET IT FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE!!
"Item 4 on the agenda: Stuff you!"

"Who else? Mur.. Ray... Oh. Greg's written this, he's put the R's too far apart. It's Murray.. Murray present"

ImageImage
ImageImageImage
Peaches
Getting lewd with the food

Postby Peaches » Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:41 am

Only negative of the night, was the drunk idiots yelling out. I mean really, no wonder I don't go to concerts much anymore....I just thought how rude, but the guys handled them really well. Like some idiot yelled out 'Where's Murray?', Jemaine replied 'Well he's a fictional character, but the actor Rhys Darby is on tour in London at the moment - why don't you go join him?' :D

"Who else? Mur.. Ray... Oh. Greg's written this, he's put the R's too far apart. It's Murray.. Murray present"

ImageImage
ImageImageImage
Peaches

Postby Peaches » Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:47 am

Triple post, sorry! During Sugalumps Jemaine got down off the stage and danced for the ladies! :D I so wish I had closer seats! (I was about 8 back).
And I nearly peed myself laughing during Hiphopopotamus Vs. Rhymenoceros, after the line 'My rhymes are so potent that in this small segment I made all the ladies in the first 8 rows pregnant' and then he yelled, 'Congratulations bitches!' :D :D

ImageImage
ImageImageImage
Peaches

Postby SheWolf » Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:51 am

If one must heckle surely it should be something original and witty/clever, no? Where's Murray? REALLY??? Glad J told him where to go. :twisted: What's with the titty obsession down under I wonder. :hrm: :P Glad you had a fun time and yay for talking to the guys. I think a few of us have experience with FOTC regret. Image

I LOVE that you nearly ran over Arj. :purple:
90% evil
ImageImage
SheWolf
Boom King!

Next

Return to New Zealand & Australia 2012 Tour