Bowie lyrics

Erm, music, lyrics and tabs. Asking about Conchords music, lyrics or tabs please post here.

Moderator: Nancy

Postby indigo_jones » Tue Oct 18, 2005 3:43 am

Hee! I can't imagine what it's like to listen to Bowie having first heard the guy's version of him!
"It was a hilarious, hilarious moment in a very bleak, bleak time of my life."

Happiness is Bret-Shaped.

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania
indigo_jones
That's Mrs. Indigo Jones-McKenzie to you

Postby Amaria » Tue Oct 18, 2005 3:47 am

:lol: Yeah, it's odd. When I listened to "Changes" I thought "Oh! That's from the line about the sequined space suit!" and had to consciously remind myself that it was the other way around instead. It was odd, to say the least. :lol:
Amaria
Half a shapely halibut

Postby indigo_jones » Tue Oct 18, 2005 3:50 am

For what it's worth, it was Duran Duran's cover of his song "Fame" that really got me listening to him. Of course, that was *cough*20 years ago*cough*.

Edited to change song title. Fame, Fashion, close enough!
Last edited by indigo_jones on Wed Oct 19, 2005 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania
indigo_jones

Postby Amaria » Tue Oct 18, 2005 4:03 am

:lol:

I was wondering as well, where does Jermaine get his interpretation of Bowie from? Because all the songs I've managed to listen to feature a more Bret-sounding Bowie.
Amaria
Half a shapely halibut

Postby indigo_jones » Tue Oct 18, 2005 4:17 am

Oh no. If anything, I'd say Jemaine's version of Bowie is more spot on, oddly enough! Go get one of Bowie's greatest hits and you'll get a better feel for it all. The first thing that comes to mind is the song Blue Jeans, for whatever reason.

indigo_jones

Postby Amaria » Tue Oct 18, 2005 4:25 am

Really! Because all the Bowie songs I heard were sung in Bret's octave. With the weird squealing/whining in the chorus and all that. Will definitely try to get more Bowie songs then to further appreciate Jermaine's interpretation. :D
Amaria
Half a shapely halibut

Postby Gayle » Tue Oct 18, 2005 4:00 pm

indigo_jones wrote:Hee! I can't imagine what it's like to listen to Bowie having first heard the guy's version of him!

Wow, I suddenly feel very old! Very old indeed!

*tries to get out of barcalounger and fails*

Aw, nuts.
4 out of 3 people have difficulty with fractions.
Gayle
Cool Nipples!

Postby Spammy » Wed Oct 19, 2005 12:08 pm

'Space Oddity' is a good example of Bowie using a high and low voice at the same time. I only noticed when playing it on my PS2. My TV only has one speaker and I got the high-voiced bowie singing Space Oddity (it sounds really weird)
"You see a peanut, the day's off to a good start. You witness some soil, it's a jamboree for Vince Noir" - Howard Moon - The Mighty Boosh
Spammy
Giving the paper to the people

help

Postby billybobsteele » Sat Oct 21, 2006 11:59 am

do you know where i can get hat song iv only heard part of it with talking over it on there radio thing

or other songs
billybobsteele
New arrival

Re: help

Postby Sherry » Sat Oct 21, 2006 1:36 pm

billybobsteele wrote:do you know where i can get hat song iv only heard part of it with talking over it on there radio thing

or other songs

http://www.whatthefolk.net/sounds.htm

Try there. Its got a live version on that page.
Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby billybobsteele » Sat Oct 21, 2006 2:13 pm

Thanks
billybobsteele
New arrival

Previous

Return to Music, lyrics and tabs