What the Folk!

Flight of the Conchords. Yeah those guys. Feel free to discuss them here! Garfunkling!
It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:43 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1076 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 72  Next
Sherry
 Post subject: Official Introduction Thread - Greetings fellow earthlings
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 11:07 am 
Professional Blonde

and fellow Conchords admirers 8)

I finally put the forums back online after a somewhat longer than anticipated hiatus. Since the HBO screening of One Night Stand in September 2005 the Conchords have gotten far more attention and it seemed like a good time to reinstate the forums.

Anyways, about me.... You can read My Corner on What The Folk if you want. There is a bit of info there.

What else can I say? Snarfle. Yuss, always a good choice word that. Snarfle!

As for the rest, I've been following Flight of The Conchords since 2002 or so. The site has been around since the end of 2002. Its grown a lot since the early days, and I hope to launch the new look site soon. I say soon, but this could be another 2 years away. I've been saying it that long now :?

And the Conchords... I like the guys comedic style. That they come over as laid back, unfazed and unfussed about this whole 'fame' thing. That its happened the way it has for them. It's been a long few years, but they are doing it their own way. I can really laugh at their humour and having met them in person, I like them both as people. Decent guys. The site is just my way of saying thanks and spreading the word.

That's me done. The threads all yours :)

Cheers
Sherry

Last edited by Sherry on Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:47 am, edited 3 times in total.

CoolHandLuke
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 12:44 pm 
New arrival

:wink:
Greetings Conchordian!

A commendable effort you've put in to get this thing going.

As for introduction :

Its me! CoolHandLuke! The name says it all!

Cheers,
CHL

Lanky
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 2:11 pm 
New arrival

I'm Lanky, but you can call me Lanky.

I listen to them cos if I don't, Sherry will beat me with a large oak beam.

I'm about to go spray paint stuff.

</intro>

Sherry
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 2:15 pm 
Professional Blonde

Lanky wrote:
I'm Lanky, but you can call me Lanky.

I listen to them cos if I don't, Sherry will beat me with a large oak beam.

I'm about to go spray paint stuff.

</intro>

And a donut. I'll beat you with a donut. It might even have jam in it if I feel like breaking the bank.

And you like them. You know you do 8) I listened to Crusading Otter for you after all. Its the least you could do for the agony I suffered there :P

indigo_jones
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 2:26 pm 
That's Mrs. Indigo Jones-McKenzie to you

I'm a new conchordian, as a result of their appearance on HBO in the US. At first I was watching just to kill time. Now I'm absolute hooked on them and am very greatful for the ability to watch the show at any time I want -- which is at least once a day.

Anyway, I love your site, Sherry. I'm so glad to have a place to come and feed my newfound fascination. I was totally going to put an Eddie Izzard quote for my sig, but seeing how you've got one already, I feel like I'd just be copying. Back to the drawing board!

Last edited by indigo_jones on Sun Oct 02, 2005 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EvilMoose
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 3:15 pm 
Half a shapely halibut

Hello, EvilMoose here. Actually I'm only mostly evil. When I say evil, I mean in a benign kind of way. Oh who am I kinding...I'm not really evil at all.

Sherry
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 3:31 pm 
Professional Blonde

EvilMoose wrote:
Hello, EvilMoose here. Actually I'm only mostly evil. When I say evil, I mean in a benign kind of way. Oh who am I kinding...I'm not really evil at all.

Awww, not even a whiff of evil pervading somewhere in the outer stratosphere somewhere? :evil: LIke that?

Welcome to the forum :)

Sherry
 Post subject: Reply to indigo_jones
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 3:34 pm 
Professional Blonde

indigo_jones wrote:
Anyway, I love your site, Sherry. I'm so glad to have a place to come and feed my newfound fascination. I was totally going to put an Eddie Izzard quote for my sig, but seeing how you've got one already, I feel like I'd just be copying. Back to the drawing board!

Hehe I am a huge Eddie Izzard fan. And also DAAS (Doug Anthony All Stars) although they might seem dated to many people now. Back in the late 80's and early 90's, that was their time. They disbanded a few years back now, but for me, their material is still listenable and watchable.

Nice nick btw :)

Last edited by Sherry on Sun Oct 02, 2005 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MadMax
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 3:59 pm 
Top Bloke

I'm just me. Probably safe to (mostly) ignore. :wink:

Ellen
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 4:01 pm 
Registered Rhymnecologist

Hi everyone, just another newbie checking in.

Sherry the website is looking great. It survived September! And is thriving, obviously.

Yes, folks, I have seen Tongan Ninga and survived. With my spleen intact.

Sherry
 Post subject: Reply to MadMax
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 5:20 pm 
Professional Blonde

MadMax wrote:
I'm just me. Probably safe to (mostly) ignore. :wink:

Lucky you then :wink:

Being just you I mean :D

laivine
 Post subject: Hiya
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 5:25 pm 
New arrival

I'm glad there's a forum again and I like that title, Conchordian, it has a certain absurd elegance about it.

Anyway, I'm Laivine, was a Figwit fan a little after the wise ladies and gents at ToRN began to point him out and slowly transformed into a FoTC fan. I'm very happy things are working out so well for them and thanks to Sherry for her lovely site.

Sherry
 Post subject: Reply to Ellen
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 5:26 pm 
Professional Blonde

Ellen wrote:
Hi everyone, just another newbie checking in.

Sherry the website is looking great. It survived September! And is thriving, obviously.

Yes, folks, I have seen Tongan Ninga and survived. With my spleen intact.

Ooo another Ninja watcher. You made it through the lame (I love spelling it without the accent) opener then.

Did you spot Bret in the ads for that btw? I found them funnier than the film mostly. But I did like the film in that low budget humour kind of way. Jemaine cracked me up in it.

Welcome aboard :)

Sherry
 Post subject: Re: Hiya
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 6:01 pm 
Professional Blonde

laivine wrote:
I'm glad there's a forum again and I like that title, Conchordian, it has a certain absurd elegance about it.

Anyway, I'm Laivine, was a Figwit fan a little after the wise ladies and gents at ToRN began to point him out and slowly transformed into a FoTC fan. I'm very happy things are working out so well for them and thanks to Sherry for her lovely site.

Yeah, it does seem to work. Conchordian.

And ooo you do hail from eons back in time if you were there for Figwit. Always good to see old new faces :D

conchordgirl
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 8:13 pm 
Registered Rhymnecologist

Hello Everyone! Like many Americans, I first saw FoTC on HBO and have adored them ever since. I got their CD just last week and have been listening to it continuously. I hope to have my own FoTC fan site up in the next few weeks, really as a media serving site to watch and listen to the genius of Flight of the Conchords. Anyway, I've babbled enough. Nice to meet you guys and I hope to talk to you soon!
--Nicole
P.S. Many Thanks to Sherry for this wonderful site, for without it we would know nothing about these brillant guys. :D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1076 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 72  Next