It is currently Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:19 am

F of the C in your life

Conchords news, chit chat, waffle and conversation. Also convo about Bret and Jemaine in Conchords mode

Moderators: SuzyBatt, Venus

Postby abigorbot » Tue Aug 28, 2007 3:01 am

My friend Tina and I were in a QuikTrip trying to decide what kind of soda to get. The girl working there walked behind us saying to the other girl working ,"Did Steve tell you that?". I said out loud "where did you get that preposterous notion?".

We did also go to a hallmark store and saw a huge row of greeting cards with songs in them. I picked one up and asked where do they put the speakers.
abigorbot
New arrival

Postby indigo_jones » Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:47 pm

I was watching Ace of Cakes on the Food Network Sunday night after the FotC episode and burst out laughing when they joked about getting tattoos as a "team building exercise".
"It was a hilarious, hilarious moment in a very bleak, bleak time of my life."

Happiness is Bret-Shaped.

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania
indigo_jones
That's Mrs. Indigo Jones-McKenzie to you

Postby Zarniwoop » Tue Aug 28, 2007 3:17 pm

A friend of mine is going away for 9 months.
Needless to say, that we are "not crying" at all. It's just those onions...
Zarniwoop
Giving the paper to the people

Postby Business Socks » Tue Aug 28, 2007 5:52 pm

Last night, when my wife got home,...I told her "I'm not crying....I've just been cuttin' onions"... but then again, I actually was cutting onions for dinner.

I've also noticed that I've been saying "Flip" or "flipin'" alot lately.

Nate
"Ya know when I'm down to my socks, it's time for business, that's why they're called business socks...ooh!"
Business Socks
New arrival

Postby stellar » Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:55 pm

I"m a teacher, and I tell my students "it's business time". They don't know the TRUE meaning, of course.
stellar
New arrival

Postby Brahm_K » Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:27 am

I consistently ask people whether they have one really funky sequin space suit, or several ch-ch-ch-ch-ch-changes.
Brahm_K
New arrival

Postby Just Mariah » Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:41 am

When I'm hungry I always say I want a "red delicious."
I also flip the "bird" to my aunt and mom when I'm mad.
I say flip a lot too.
:P
"What is the bird?"
Just Mariah
Half a shapely halibut

Postby faye » Thu Aug 30, 2007 7:05 am

I tend to sketch what's on my mind on whatever bit of paper that's near me, so I found myself illustrating the lyrics 'All the ladies with your babies make your babies shake their booties yeah' or something similar. It looks kind of like child abuse, in a fun way.

I couldn't help but imagine des discothèques pour les bébés. Oh the possibilities.
faye
New arrival

Postby Sherry » Thu Aug 30, 2007 7:54 am

stellar wrote:I"m a teacher, and I tell my students "it's business time". They don't know the TRUE meaning, of course.

Well hopefully you are teaching 5 year olds then :lol: I know of kids as young as 10 who know of the Conchords and have seen those HBO One Night Stand clips. And have some of their music. And they know what it refers to :roll:

YouTube, Facebook, TheArseOfTheInter... I mean MySpace, Bebo pages with mentions, makes for the Conchords being easy to stumble across now.
Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Craig » Fri Aug 31, 2007 12:40 am

My day job is writing software. Specifically I write game code for video slot machines.

My current project is a new version of the game Frog Princess. Inside this game is the Pick a Prince game, where the Frog Princess picks a Prince and the prince turns into a frog.

So lots of my file and variable names have thing like Prince in them.

Subsequently I find myself singing Prince of Parties as I leave the office every day.

It kinda sucks actually :)
Craig
Giving the paper to the people

Postby Johnnyp » Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:23 am

Craig wrote:My day job is writing software. Specifically I write game code for video slot machines.

My current project is a new version of the game Frog Princess. Inside this game is the Pick a Prince game, where the Frog Princess picks a Prince and the prince turns into a frog.

So lots of my file and variable names have thing like Prince in them.

Subsequently I find myself singing Prince of Parties as I leave the office every day.

It kinda sucks actually :)
:lol:
Johnnyp
The One Guy

Postby Brown delicious to face » Fri Sep 07, 2007 4:34 pm

Just Mariah wrote:When I'm hungry I always say I want a "red delicious."

"How bout a brown delicious, to your face?!"
Brown delicious to face
New arrival

Postby rnbmre » Fri Sep 07, 2007 8:25 pm

We had an attractive employee at my workplace recently finish her PhD. She soon left to continue on with her career in academia.

Goodbyyyyyyye.... leggy blonde...

I had a budgie, but it died... whoa whoa. I like PIE! ::puts face on copier::
Matt

"Enough small boom, let's boom the boom!"
rnbmre
New arrival

Postby brayd1377 » Tue Sep 11, 2007 2:20 am

someone i work with is named murray so right away i was like thats the best name ever and like 2 days ago his girlfriend dumped him so i started to sing cheer up murray

and im also saying flip so much now
and ate bubblegum pie yum!
brayd1377
New arrival

Postby saffymatt » Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:55 pm

I have the best husband in the world. Not only does he tolerate my undying love for FotC, but he made my birthday a "Very Flight of the Conchords" birthday (his words). I woke up and there was a red delicious apple and a banana on the bed side table. He gave me a map of New York, a roll of tape, some business socks, the movie Labyrinth, a croissant and soup for lunch, a bag of very expensive mixed nuts, a beer, a map of New Zealand, and we had kabobs for dinner. My kids got me a magic card that has a robot on the front and plays Mr. Roboto, and he wrote:

"This card has one funtion--to wish you a Happy Birthday! And I guess the second one is to stop wishing you a Happy Birthday at this point (he drew a picture of a card closing). It's kinda like a walkman. Hope you enjoyed your magic card".

Like I said I have the best husband ever. It was a very FotC birthday!

Saffy
saffymatt
Registered Rhymnecologist

PreviousNext

Return to Flight of The Conchords