What the Folk!

Flight of the Conchords. Yeah those guys. Feel free to discuss them here! Garfunkling!
It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:56 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1694 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 113  Next
rnbmre
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:02 pm 
New arrival

saffymatt wrote:
I have the best husband in the world. Not only does he tolerate my undying love for FotC, but he made my birthday a "Very Flight of the Conchords" birthday (his words). I woke up and there was a red delicious apple and a banana on the bed side table. He gave me a map of New York, a roll of tape, some business socks, the movie Labyrinth, a croissant and soup for lunch, a bag of very expensive mixed nuts, a beer, a map of New Zealand, and we had kabobs for dinner. My kids got me a magic card that has a robot on the front and plays Mr. Roboto, and he wrote:

"This card has one funtion--to wish you a Happy Birthday! And I guess the second one is to stop wishing you a Happy Birthday at this point (he drew a picture of a card closing). It's kinda like a walkman. Hope you enjoyed your magic card".

Like I said I have the best husband ever. It was a very FotC birthday!

Saffy

...AWESOME. Saffy's husband wins this thread lol.

"Enough small boom, let's boom the boom!"

indigo_jones
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:15 pm 
That's Mrs. Indigo Jones-McKenzie to you

Aw, Saffy, that's great! The card, in particular, sounds awesome! Congrats and happy birthday!

Happiness is Bret-Shaped.

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania

ParanoidAndroid
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:42 am 
Half a shapely halibut

So i was walking to class today at university...when I was bombarded with "TRAVEL TO NEW ZEALAND!!" signs and flyers. 10 minutes later, an Aussie made the same proclamation in my acting class. 5 hours later, I ran into a Samoan asking if I wanted to join a club to learn about New Zealand, Tonga, and Samoa (which got "Tongan Ninja" stuck in my head). I asked her if she had gotten any Flight of the Conchords jokes all day. She looked at me quite confused. I warned her, "Oh, you'll get them...you'll see."
You know, I might actually take that Aussie on that invite to go to New Zealand. Its a special month program. 2 weeks to learn about conserving the environment, and another 2 weeks to learn about the culture and do crazy shite. They pick 50 people and I think its free...

And today i was trying to focus on something else other than Flight of the Conchords...pfft that plan failed.

cassandrasnow
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:09 pm 
Consistently Mediocre

saffymatt wrote:
I have the best husband in the world. Not only does he tolerate my undying love for FotC, but he made my birthday a "Very Flight of the Conchords" birthday (his words). I woke up and there was a red delicious apple and a banana on the bed side table. He gave me a map of New York, a roll of tape, some business socks, the movie Labyrinth, a croissant and soup for lunch, a bag of very expensive mixed nuts, a beer, a map of New Zealand, and we had kabobs for dinner. My kids got me a magic card that has a robot on the front and plays Mr. Roboto, and he wrote:

"This card has one funtion--to wish you a Happy Birthday! And I guess the second one is to stop wishing you a Happy Birthday at this point (he drew a picture of a card closing). It's kinda like a walkman. Hope you enjoyed your magic card".

Saffy

You really do have the best husband in the world! That is so adorable. :eyelashes:

cassandrasnow
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:20 pm 
Consistently Mediocre

This thread has made me literally laugh out loud. I'm loving it.

I'm pretty much the only person in my class who loves them to this degree. My friends know about them through me, but I'm the only one who ever 'gets' my references. Whenever my friends start getting stressed or fired up about something I'll say, "Guys, grab a samosa." This usually results in immediate silence and confused looks. I also pull out the "There aint no party like my nanna's tea party" when we get tea at the uni cafe.

I'll be starting French classes next semester so you can all guess how that'll go. Voila mon passport.

Johnnyp
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:54 pm 
The One Guy

saffymatt wrote:

Saffy

8) :lol:

beck
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:58 pm 
Registered Rhymnecologist

ParanoidAndroid wrote:
So i was walking to class today at university...when I was bombarded with "TRAVEL TO NEW ZEALAND!!" signs and flyers. 10 minutes later, an Aussie made the same proclamation in my acting class. 5 hours later, I ran into a Samoan asking if I wanted to join a club to learn about New Zealand, Tonga, and Samoa (which got "Tongan Ninja" stuck in my head). I asked her if she had gotten any Flight of the Conchords jokes all day. She looked at me quite confused. I warned her, "Oh, you'll get them...you'll see."
You know, I might actually take that Aussie on that invite to go to New Zealand. Its a special month program. 2 weeks to learn about conserving the environment, and another 2 weeks to learn about the culture and do crazy shite. They pick 50 people and I think its free...

And today i was trying to focus on something else other than Flight of the Conchords...pfft that plan failed.

Dude, you should totally do it!

ParanoidAndroid
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 12:17 am 
Half a shapely halibut

beck wrote:

Dude, you should totally do it!

Haha we shall see...I hope its free...adventures are fun :woohoo:

So today I bought a pumpkin carving tool to replace my others...yeah. you guessed it. thats how muhc these guys have bombarded my life. They're invading my jack'o'latern creativity.

Saffy, my goodness, your husband is magical. Seriously.

poptartgirl
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:08 pm 
David Bowie's nipple antennae

I went to see Crowded House last night tape an episode for the Austin City Limits TV program. An audience made a comment/song request and Neil jokingly admonished this person by saying, "think, think, think about it." :lol:
I don't know if he could see it with all the lights but I was wearing my FOTC T-shirt (the HBO one that says Eat Sleep Folk). I was standing on the KLRU studio floor near the front and center about 6 ft from the stage.

Jennifer

"all I wanted to say is "May I rock you ?"

saffymatt
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 5:24 pm 
Registered Rhymnecologist

I work in a preschool with 2yr olds and I can't believe how many times a day I just start laughing out loud because I connect something that has happened, or something a child said, or something we are doing with FotC. Today was a prime example of this. We started out by making Red Rhinos, which led me to start getting all the kids to say "they call me the Rhymenoscerous". Then we went to music class and we sing a song where we make our hands do different things...one of them making our hands birds, which sent me straight to the bathroom because I almost peed my pants thinking about the Drive By episode. Then we went back to our room and some of the kids started to prentend to be monkeys, which led me to start the game "Don't Touch the Monkeys". The teacher that I work with thinks that I need serious mental help. I don't know maybe I do.... :rolleyes:

jtomsy
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:01 pm 
New arrival

One of my English professors started talking about Concorde jets within the first ten minutes of class today... Needless to say, that's the last I remember of class before zoning out completely.

indigo_jones
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:55 pm 
That's Mrs. Indigo Jones-McKenzie to you

Oddly enough, I found myself thinking of the Conchords -- and laughing almost hysterically -- as I was listening to the audio tape from OJ Simpson's latest run-in with the law. He was essentially upset with the mother*uckers who were messing with his shi*. :roll:

Happiness is Bret-Shaped.

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania

Johnnyp
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:13 pm 
The One Guy

Whats really funny is a local late night radio talk show host had some audio of OJ. It was after the incident and I don't know where it was. All the media people are screaming asking questions and you can hear OJ whistling If I Only Had a Brain from the Wizard of Oz. It was real audio not some schtick. :lol:

Link http://www.breitbart.tv/html/5637.html

Sorry now get back on topic. :P

Dirty Dancin
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:22 pm 
New arrival

Saffy, your husband is top notch.

Not a day goes by that "a little bit, aye?" isn't uttered by either me or my husband. We're also "keen" to the word keen now.

Too often, I use the Jemaivid Bowie "do you?" or "oh no, did you?" and "get an eye patch, man." Also, I catch myself saying "Ono, did I?" from the Coco episode.

Mainly, I just burst forth with random, r-random lines from songs. I was cleaning the house earlier and belted out "team building exercise '99" for no particular reason. Usually when I change out the cats food and water in the morning and they're milling about my feet, I sing, "It's kitty, it's kitty time!"
"I bet you do, you freaky old bastard, you."
"Why can't a heterosexual guy tell a heterosexual guy that he thinks his booty is fly?"
"You can take me out to dinner that might be quite nice, you can buy me a burrito and some beans and rice, but that won't get you into pants paradise."

I should stop there before I go completely off the newbie deep end. :)

mandraco
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:12 am 
Keeping it funky

This doesn't quite count, but anyhow.

Arj Barker was on Thank God You're Here and one of the characters he had to play was called "Brent". So of course, that was a hilarious not-quite-Conchords moment that no one but me would get.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1694 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 113  Next