What the Folk!

Flight of the Conchords. Yeah those guys. Feel free to discuss them here! Garfunkling!
It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:32 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1694 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 113  Next
abigorbot
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 2:44 am 
New arrival

http://s10.photobucket.com/albums/a124/demoness_abigor/?action=view&current=003.flv

A little bit of myself, Tina, a pinhead mask and some F o the C.

Tina has the mask on and I'm the one talking off camera.

www.myspace.com/demonessabigor
http://abigorbot.wordpress.com

lovecellogirl
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 4:14 am 
Lost but happy at sea

When I got to work this morning, there were a couple of boxes of Dunkin Donuts in the employee lounge. Written on the front of the box was "Team building is easy. Just add donuts." The first thing I thought of was that we would need some team building exercise after eating all those donuts. Cracked myself up.

cassandrasnow
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 1:25 pm 
Consistently Mediocre

The other night my mum, my boyfriend and I were all at the local fish and chips place having burgers. At the end of the night my mum said, "Oh no! I've got lettuce in my sleeve." Okay, it wasn't tomato, but I completely cracked up and I felt too silly about explaining why I found the moment so funny. They wouldn't have understood the reference. Thank goodness I have you guys to talk to.

poptartgirl
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 4:59 pm 
David Bowie's nipple antennae

A nice comment I received from a new MySpace friend : :)

"I have just watched/listened to their video on your page and I have fallen out of my chair laughing...There are so many people I want to send it to!!! So now I need to find out more about them...Musicians and a show, too? I don't think I get HBO...must explore further."

"all I wanted to say is "May I rock you ?"

jtomsy
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 9:34 pm 
New arrival

I was walking through the Rideau Centre today and I swear to goodness I saw a guy wearing a red t-shirt with a still of Bret's angry dance. My jaw dropped as he walked by and I just stood there, agape, until I remembered I was late for my Greek Civ. class. Crazy. Of course, it was just a glimpse, so my eyes could have easily been playing a trick on me. Either way, it made my day.

bubbleGumPie
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:26 pm 
Lost but happy at sea

I called my best friend immediately after hearing 'Foux Da Fa Fa'. She doesn't watch or like FoTC so she wouldn't have seen it.

Anyway, she and I bought one of those 'Learn French In 7 Days' type of deals so we'd go around singing the random French words and phrases to the tune of anything. We'd also have 'conversations' with each other by only saying the single vocabulary words that really meant nothing in the context of a conversation. We'd sing incorrect nonsense like this:

Her: J'habite a la boulangerie!
Her: Nonnnn! Voici le chein!

So yeah, 'Foux Da Fa Fa' was extra funny for that reason alone.

Last edited by bubbleGumPie on Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

FanBase
 Post subject: Ah yes, that's it...
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 3:47 am 
Registered Rhymnecologist

Conchords phrases are now a huge part of me and my husband's vocabulary. When we talk about the weather or something that's going great, one of us has to say, "conditions are perfect."

I can't say "yes" anymore...I say, "yis." :D A few weeks ago I was listening to Business Time in the car with a friend and now she jokes that she won't ask me to go out on Wednesdays anymore.

I'm surprised how many times the word, "pie" comes up in my everday life too. I'm always belting out "I like pie!" from Leggy Blonde when I hear references to pie. It's ridiculous... :eyebrow:

Alecia
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 6:59 am 
Giving the paper to the people

"I like pie" has been a big pharse in the gaming world for a while now.. that and stuff like Pie vs Cake.. anyway a friend online just randomly said "I like Pie" to which I responded with "You had a budgie but it died?" I was amused.. they didn't get it tho =(

"I’m even more ‘what what’ with the bitches." -Jemaine Clement

FanBase
 Post subject: Pie and other such nonsense :0)
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:16 am 

Yis! I know! :nod: Unless they're in on it, most people look at me like I'm wearing a funky eye patch or something. :worry: Then I have to explain where the reference came from, etc. I've found that either they're into it or they don't have a clue about the show. It's hit or miss from my experience. Now that the first season's ended, it'll be even harder to explain unless I refer folks to YouTube. Oh well. Another day, another topic. :|

saffymatt
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:53 am 

This past week I have been trying to get the kids in my class to say "prisent" instead of "here" when I call roll. I just noticed yesterday that it took. All of them say it and very much like Murry. It is too funny to hear a child who is from the deep south of the USA try to say "prisent". I wonder if any of the parents would catch the reference if they heard their child say it.

bibliaddict
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 8:44 pm 
Consistently Mediocre

I work in the children's department of a public library. Yesterday, one of the librarians was preparing to do a toddler storytime and said she needed to find a new fingerplay (think Eensy Weensy Spider) to do with the kids. I showed her the Do the Bird clip from Drive By and suggested she share with the children. We spent the rest of the morning flipping each other off.

Aquamel
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 6:45 pm 
Lost but happy at sea

Hubby and I have been saying "tin thirrrty" since we saw the first episode in June from Jemaine's HBO promo voiceover. We always ask each other if it's "tin thirrrty" yet . . . but alas, the first season is now over so we can't do that again until next season.

I love Murray's accent, we try to say things like him as well.

*Edit - and I'm finding myself saying "that's weeeid" a lot lately too.

:)

Mel

sharishort
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 11:01 pm 
Half a shapely halibut

I just came back from 3 days of travel for business (time) and had to deal with a lot of airport delays and cab drivers who got lost- I must have sang muthauckers to myself ten million times. It really got me through. :o

cassandrasnow
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 1:36 am 
Consistently Mediocre

I was singing 'Pencils in the Wind' the other day at uni, and this first year girl asked me what it was because she thought it sounded familiar. When I explained it was by FotC etc... she said, "Oh yeah. My brother's into them. He's such a loser."

:cry: What a biyaatch.

beck
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 4:08 am 

Whenever me and my friend tell each other something about ourselves, and the other goes "Do you?", there is always a (cue Bowie accent) "...weeear it" not far behind.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1694 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 113  Next