It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:36 pm

Dreaming of...

Conchords news, chit chat, waffle and conversation. Also convo about Bret and Jemaine in Conchords mode

Moderators: SuzyBatt, Venus

Postby sharishort » Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:19 am

You say that like its a bad thing.
"Thats a terrible prize. I am glad I didn't win that."
sharishort
Half a shapely halibut

Postby FanBase » Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:40 am

sharishort wrote:OR, your dream simply means, Jemaine loves Shari.

:eyebrow: Rrrrright...uh huh. Um, I'd like my $7/word back. :biggrin:
"That's not a fan base, that's just a woman."
FanBase
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby sharishort » Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:45 am

I would give you the $7 back but unfortunately HBO stole all my money on a dvd that was supposed to have extras....
sharishort
Half a shapely halibut

Postby cassandrasnow » Thu Nov 08, 2007 5:05 am

sharishort wrote:I would give you the $7 back but unfortunately HBO stole all my money on a dvd that was supposed to have extras....

:roll2: :bounce: This makes me giggle.... lots.
cassandrasnow
Consistently Mediocre

Postby saffymatt » Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:51 pm

I had this dream on Tues. night. I think that it was a response to the DVD disappointment of the day. I was watching Different Strokes (ya know, TV show from the '80's..."What 'cha talking about Willis?") And in the middle of the show they start to sing The Busdrivers Song. It seemed that the guys stole the song from this show. :cry: I was quite angry at them for it. That's it. The only good thing was that I had The Busdrivers Song in my head all day. :whistle:
Set your Phasers on Funky!
saffymatt

Postby sharishort » Thu Nov 08, 2007 4:48 pm

yes, I can safely say that any time "Different Strokes" appears in a dream, its truly there to represent sheer utter dissapointment.
sharishort
Half a shapely halibut

Postby FanBase » Thu Nov 08, 2007 7:26 pm

sharishort wrote:yes, I can safely say that any time "Different Strokes" appears in a dream, its truly there to represent sheer utter dissapointment.

That reminds me so much of Avenue Q, the musical. Basically, everyone is singing about how it sucks to be them until Gary Coleman comes out and they all sing, "it sucks to be you - you win. It sucks to be you - I feel better now..." That song is hilarious! :lol:

Ok, sorry... :topic:
FanBase

Postby faye » Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:10 am

Not perfectly on-topic, but I had a dream of Murray a couple days ago! He was my 'band manager' and was telling me that the keytar recently purchased was toy-like and 'weird'. (Which is true, $400 dropped in the waking world on a crappy keytar. Sending it back.)

I simply love Murray and his opinions of 80's musical instruments. I wish he was here with me all the time, to advise me.
faye
New arrival

Postby cassandrasnow » Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:27 am

Faye, I think your dream is most certainly on topic. Murray as a full-time advisor would be great. :)

I had a dream that the fellas were playing in Centennial Park, here in the Eastern suburbs of Sydney. When my boyfrend and I turned up, they were set up to play on the track alongside the road that people usually ride their horses or go rollerblading on, instead of the main area on the grass.

People were lined up along the road to watch them play and for some reason all the parking spaces had disappeared, so we had no place to park the car. I started to worry that we were missing it and then I saw that Prince was playing a little further up the road. I woke up after that. I think I saw Jemaine through the crowds (from the car) but I'm not sure. :|
cassandrasnow
Consistently Mediocre

Postby saffymatt » Sun Nov 11, 2007 2:47 pm

Faye - Did Murray do a roll-call?

Cassandra - What a bummer to have a FotC dream and not actually see the guys. :(
Set your Phasers on Funky!
saffymatt

Postby cassandrasnow » Sun Nov 11, 2007 2:52 pm

saffymatt wrote:Cassandra - What a bummer to have a FotC dream and not actually see the guys. :(

Yeah, I think it set the mood for the rest of my day. I don't know if I'll ever be lucky enough to see them in real life, but I could have at least seen them in my dream. :x Grrr.
Last edited by cassandrasnow on Sun Nov 11, 2007 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cassandrasnow
Consistently Mediocre

Postby sharishort » Sun Nov 11, 2007 3:01 pm

Yeah, I think it set the mood for the rest of my day. I don't know if I'll ever be lucky enough to see the in real life, but I could have at least seen them in my dream.

Seriously, Bret and Jemaine, height of rudeness for not appearing in Cassandra's dream, height of rudeness.
sharishort
Half a shapely halibut

Postby FanBase » Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:45 pm

saffymatt wrote:Faye - Did Murray do a roll-call?

:lol: So whitty...
FanBase

Postby FanBase » Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:47 pm

cassandrasnow wrote:
saffymatt wrote:Cassandra - What a bummer to have a FotC dream and not actually see the guys. :(

:cross: Yeah, I think it set the mood for the rest of my day. I don't know if I'll ever be lucky enough to see them in real life, but I could have at least seen them in my dream. :x Grrr.

Don't you just hate that? Hey - notice our dreams build up to a performance and then we don't get to actually see it? What a tease.

I'm with Shari, height of rudeness. :wink:
FanBase

Postby sharishort » Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:58 pm

That whole buildup and then lack of performance reminds me an awful lot of the anticipation of a certain dvd release and then NO extras......

hmmmmmm......
sharishort
Half a shapely halibut

PreviousNext

Return to Flight of The Conchords