What the Folk!

Flight of the Conchords. Yeah those guys. Feel free to discuss them here! Garfunkling!
It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:37 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1375 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 92  Next
indigo_jones
 Post subject: Pets, pets and more pets
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 4:31 pm 
That's Mrs. Indigo Jones-McKenzie to you

I know various people here have mentioned having pets, so I thought why not have a thread devoted to our favorite furry (or not so furry) friends.

I share my life -- and bed, and food -- with two cats and a dog.

Lunais the oldest and she's the first cat I had of my own. She's also the love of my life and I'm extremely protective of her. She's currently curled up on my lap as I type this and is purring away (or drilling for oil).

G and I got Pippo(PEE-po) together about a year after we started dating. We saw his ears and couldn't resist him. He's a constant source of entertainment. Pippo is an Italian name, a nickname of Fillippo, but also the Italian name for the Disney character, Goofy. Very appropriate.

Lolais the most recent addition to our family. We got her a few months ago. She's got a little baby face and a sausage body. But don't let her sweet looks deceive you. She's an evil little thing sometimes, stalking and chasing Luna, and swatting Pippo. It's a good thing she's so cute and plush! :wink:

And hereare a few more pictures of Luna and Pippo. They're the subject of about 99% of any photos we take.

Happiness is Bret-Shaped.

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania

Gayle
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 4:37 pm 
Cool Nipples!

Oh dear - I hate to say it, but I've ended up with a sort of Brady Bunch / Noah's Ark situation with my pets. I have four indoor cats: Loki, Zobi, Spaulding Grey, and Mr. Moto. I have three outdoor cats: Jeff (who happens to be a girl, we found out the hard way. shudder), ShyBoy, and Pudge (who is more fluffy than pudgy, but he has big cheeks). Then there are the birds - all outdoor, but generations of them feed on my deck. Then there are the dogs - all outdoor, who come and sit with me while I am outside in the garden or relaxing. Then there are the deer who eat my apples in the orchard outside up the hill. Then there are the racoons, who like the corn I put out for the squirrels.

It's ridiculous. I need therapy. I'm going to become crazy cat lady. That's my fate.

/me
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 4:39 pm 
Registered Rhymnecologist

Pippo is adorable. Those ears!

:comehere: Conchordians Unite! Join the FotC map!

indigo_jones
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 5:03 pm 

Pippo says thanks, /me!

Gayle, I had a friend with a cat named Loki! We had some deer show up in our yard quite often when we moved to the Hudson Valley part of NY. Quite a shock after living in Manhattan! We get regular visits from the cats and dogs that belong to our neighbors here. One dog in particular will show up at the front or back door when it's storming and wait for us to let her in. Which we do. Once the storm has passed, she goes off on her way. Pippo goes crazy with the excitement of another dog visiting, but Sydney is surprisingly calm.

Then there are the bird feeders on the back deck ...

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania

Gayle
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 5:04 pm 
Cool Nipples!

indigo_jones wrote:
Pippo says thanks, /me!

Gayle, I had a friend with a cat named Loki! We had some deer show up in our yard quite often when we moved to the Hudson Valley part of NY. Quite a shock after living in Manhattan! We get regular visits from the cats and dogs that belong to our neighbors here. One dog in particular will show up at the front or back door when it's storming and wait for us to let her in. Which we do. Once the storm has passed, she goes off on her way. Pippo goes crazy with the excitement of another dog visiting, but Sydney is surprisingly calm.

Then there are the bird feeders on the back deck ...

Yup! The hazzards of living in a rural or at least semi-rural area!

indigo_jones
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 5:10 pm 

Yeah, the only part I don't like are the snakes. We had a black snake on our back deck this summer, and a copperhead in the front yard. I just really don't like snakes at all, so I'd prefer not to have either, even though one is safe and the other is not generally deadly.

Kate
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 5:16 pm 
David Bowie's nipple antennae

I have a cockapoo named Luvvy. She is adorable (buff-colored, tiny, and has eyelashes out to here! -- A real natural blonde! :lol: ) She's a "rescue dog". I ended up having a few Vet bills at the beginning because she was being mistreated before I got her, but now she's healthy and happy, and doing great! I can't imagine my life without her. She's a joy. :D

specialkay
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 5:19 pm 

they are all adorable you guys! i thought i was an animal nut with my 'funny farm' gig down here...but, you are giving me the competition i see :lol:

specialkay
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 7:43 pm 

Had to make sure I could do this right before I posted them... :lol:
These are some of my babies...
Maggie is my yellow lab that I have had for 7 years. She was my first baby. Jewel is my white American Bulldog with one blue eye and one brown. Then, there are my cows! I had chickens, but Hurricane's Ivan and Dennis put us out of that business, so I won't put the chicks in here... :P *I hate a floggin' rooster*fav quote from "Cold Mountain" okay, here they are...
ImageImageImageImage
I only put the cows here as pets because they come running when I call them to eat all the disgarded fruit from my fruit trees. Such a funny sight! :dunno: I guess they think they are DOGS?

/me
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 7:54 pm 

I have a gaggle of "carpet monsters" 2 of which are dozing at my feet at the moment.

This is Duncan (Aussie Shepherd), Sunka (Mike's dog), and Rexford (Beagle):Image

And this is Mochi:Image

:comehere: Conchordians Unite! Join the FotC map!

indigo_jones
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 7:56 pm 

Oh! So cute! All of them!

I love pictures of animals. No matter how odd a breed (or mix breed), they're always so lovely. That was one of the (few) perks of my old job as an editor of a pet industry magazine. Lots of cute animal pictures!

We've been considering getting another dog. Since we just got Lola, we figured we'd wait a little longer to let everyone get settled before we introduce another potential monster! :)

Kate
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 8:12 pm 

Awwwwwwwww.... They are so cute!

specialkay
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 11:41 pm 

AWWW, I just so love this thread!
'carpet monsters'...that is so cute, me/... :wink:

Gayle
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 11:43 pm 
Cool Nipples!

We call ours Carpet Cattle. One of our cats, Mr. Moto, weighs 23 lbs. Next week I am having him fitted for a saddle. I figure I can ride him to work.

Kate
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 12:12 am 

Gayle wrote:
We call ours Carpet Cattle. One of our cats, Mr. Moto, weighs 23 lbs. Next week I am having him fitted for a saddle. I figure I can ride him to work.

23 pounds? Your cat weighs 5 pounds more than my dog! :shock:

:lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1375 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 92  Next