It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:24 pm

Banter About Bret

AKA as the Rhymenoscerous, The Video Kid, Figwit and is one gazillionth of The Wellington Ukulele Orchestra. Yuss him and maybe some invisible people also...

Moderators: SuzyBatt, Venus

Banter About Bret

Postby indigo_jones » Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:42 am

Your place for general chit chat about Bret.
"It was a hilarious, hilarious moment in a very bleak, bleak time of my life."

Happiness is Bret-Shaped.

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania
indigo_jones
That's Mrs. Indigo Jones-McKenzie to you

Re: Banter About Bret

Postby Sherry » Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:30 am

Oooo nice idea Ms Jones :)

Oddly I found a few brochures from the Phones 4 U ad campaign today while having a sort out of the spare room. Seems a million years ago they were singing that tune on TV.

Erm Bret banter :hrm:

Bret looked so scruffy in the publicity shots! Yis he did. And heery, very heery :roll2:
Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby indigo_jones » Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:15 am

Aww. I wish the phones4less commercial was still up somewhere. I've got the recording of it, but not the video. I loved that one! And yis, Bret was veery heery and talking about fsh. Good times! It's interesting how he seems to cycle the amounts of hairyness, but doesn't quite seem to repeat the same look. He keeps it fresh! (We need a ZZ Top icon!)

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania
indigo_jones

Postby jm513 » Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:24 pm

hairy Bret...........mmmmmmmmmmm.............. :horny:
"I can't brain today - I haz teh dumb"
jm513
Boom Queen Baby

Postby tvldiva » Mon Jul 07, 2008 5:04 pm

I've noticed around here, in Texas, men tend to get hairier during the winter months. Even the city folk let their inner woodsman out. :hammer: (I was looking for an ax but this hammer will do! :wink: )
Why don't you accept me as your God!?
tvldiva
Feeling much better now...

Postby saffymatt » Tue Jul 08, 2008 3:16 am

indigo_jones wrote:Aww. I wish the phones4less commercial was still up somewhere. I've got the recording of it, but not the video. I loved that one! And yis, Bret was veery heery and talking about fsh. Good times! It's interesting how he seems to cycle the amounts of hairyness, but doesn't quite seem to repeat the same look. He keeps it fresh! (We need a ZZ Top icon!)

Let's see if this works. The sound is crap, but it is nice to see the young Conchords at work...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJQfY7G6l9k
Set your Phasers on Funky!
saffymatt
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby indigo_jones » Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:51 am

Hee! Thanks saffymatt! Ah, good times, good times!

indigo_jones

Postby Andria » Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:04 am

Ah, yes, veery heery...

....wait, what were we talking about again? :wink:
I'll take your body and cover it with honey, then stick some money to the honey, now you're covered in money, honey. -FotC
Andria
Bootylicious Flygirl

Postby JulesJules » Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:23 pm

Bret seems to be a very good actor. From reports from people who have met him after shows etc, he seems to be quite funny and friendly and definitely not 'dim', like his t.v. alter ego. In fact, t.v. Bret is so dim and usually has such a silly or vacant expression on his face, that it took me a while to realize "Hey, this guy is really very good looking!" LOL
JulesJules

Postby H.... » Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:40 pm

JulesJules wrote:Bret seems to be a very good actor. From reports from people who have met him after shows etc, he seems to be quite funny and friendly and definitely not 'dim', like his t.v. alter ego. In fact, t.v. Bret is so dim and usually has such a silly or vacant expression on his face, that it took me a while to realize "Hey, this guy is really very good looking!" LOL

I quite like the vacant look. I agree that he's a really good actor, it's amazing how different he is on the show to the live clips that I've seen.
Throw us your potatoes!
H....
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby hellomyfriend » Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:43 pm

JulesJules wrote:Bret seems to be a very good actor. From reports from people who have met him after shows etc, he seems to be quite funny and friendly and definitely not 'dim', like his t.v. alter ego. In fact, t.v. Bret is so dim and usually has such a silly or vacant expression on his face, that it took me a while to realize "Hey, this guy is really very good looking!" LOL

Awwwwww, poor Bret-y! :hug:

I've not met them, but I have seen them live and Bret is absolutely quick-witted, intelligent, silly, and hilarious. I hope people don't look at them as a dim bulb and a rude brick because of their tv characters. Bret's smart! And Jemaine's sweet! :D

And yes, Bret is (very) good-looking. :heartbeat:
hellomyfriend

Postby aom192 » Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:13 pm

hellomyfriend wrote:

Awwwwww, poor Bret-y! :hug:

I've not met them, but I have seen them live and Bret is absolutely quick-witted, intelligent, silly, and hilarious. I hope people don't look at them as a dim bulb and a rude brick because of their tv characters. Bret's smart! And Jemaine's sweet! :D

And yes, Bret is (very) good-looking. :heartbeat:

Yes he is...and viry viry heery... :thud:

i saw the tv show first but i didnt think of them that way: theyre acting...

and i defo knew bret wasnt dim caus it takes a smart person to act dim properly...and thats exactly what he does... :heart: :boogie:
Ah Gandolf...I like what you've done with your beard.

We'll never make it...there's thousands of them and only about 8 of us!
Oh no!
We made it.
Hurray!
aom192
Half a shapely halibut

Postby H.... » Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:31 pm

aom192 wrote:...and i defo knew bret wasnt dim caus it takes a smart person to act dim properly...and thats exactly what he does... :heart: :boogie:

Exactly!
Throw us your potatoes!
H....
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby aom192 » Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:38 pm

H...you know what im talkin bout!!! :D
Ah Gandolf...I like what you've done with your beard.

We'll never make it...there's thousands of them and only about 8 of us!
Oh no!
We made it.
Hurray!
aom192
Half a shapely halibut

Postby Emafer » Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:47 pm

tvldiva wrote:I've noticed around here, in Texas, men tend to get hairier during the winter months. Even the city folk let their inner woodsman out. :hammer: (I was looking for an ax but this hammer will do! :wink: )

In the town where I live, November is Beard Month. All the guy don't shave all month and then see who has the best beard at the end of the month. I have no idea how it started and it's totally not some kind of public event or anything. But I know about 15 different guys in completely different circles of freind who do this.

That being said, I much prefer hairy Bret. The fuzzier the better. But I did kind of like those pointy chops he had in the SXSW doc.
~Medium Em~
Emafer
---

Next

Return to Bret McKenzie