It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:43 pm

Largo film

Conchords news, chit chat, waffle and conversation. Also convo about Bret and Jemaine in Conchords mode

Moderator: Venus

Largo film

Postby poptartgirl » Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:53 pm

Jemaine and Bret appear in the trailer for the upcoming film about the Largo venue in Los Angeles.

You can view the trailer here : http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseacti ... d=17985343

There's also a website for the film at http://www.largofilm.com

Jennifer
“We tell you lies, and if you laugh, they’re jokes.”

"all I wanted to say is "May I rock you ?"
poptartgirl
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby bibliaddict » Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:48 am

Excellent! They are totally rocking out. I love Jemaine's viking helmet.

I grabbed a few screenshots:

bibliaddict
Consistently Mediocre

Postby dandy lyons » Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:22 am

Haha! Bret looks so intense!
Looks like a great flick! I'll definitely have to check it out! :D
Gar·funk·ling (verb) Funky cuddling with the candles twinkling.
dandy lyons
Consistently Mediocre

Postby indigo_jones » Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:39 pm

My computer likes to shut down on me when I watch videos, so I never even made it to the part of the trailer with Bret and Jemaine, but was that David Garza earlier in the trailer? More reason to track down this film when it's eventually released!
"It was a hilarious, hilarious moment in a very bleak, bleak time of my life."

Happiness is Bret-Shaped.

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania
indigo_jones
That's Mrs. Indigo Jones-McKenzie to you

Postby poptartgirl » Sun Jan 13, 2008 4:36 pm

indigo_jones wrote:My computer likes to shut down on me when I watch videos, so I never even made it to the part of the trailer with Bret and Jemaine, but was that David Garza earlier in the trailer? More reason to track down this film when it's eventually released!

Yes, that was indeed David Garza. Fantastic, isn't he ? :D :heartbeat: :rock:

poptartgirl

Postby Johnnyp » Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:03 am

Lots of cool folks I'm seeing. Aimee Mann, Benmont Tench, Jackson Brown, Colin Hay. Nice. Thanks for the heads up Poptart.

On a side note. I went to school with David Garza. He was great even as a 10 or 11 year old. His older brother was in my class. Our families are not directly related but somewhere way back there is probably a connection.
Johnnyp
The One Guy

Postby poptartgirl » Wed May 07, 2008 6:53 pm

For those of you in L.A., the Largo film will have its world premiere showing at the upcoming L.A. Film Festival.

http://lafilmfest.com/dev/films.php

Largo –World Premiere
Performances by Aimee Mann, Fiona Apple, Zach Galifianakis, Jon Brion and many more are featured in this intimate concert film shot in the famed Los Angeles music and comedy venue Largo.
DIRECTORS Andrew van Baal, Mark Flanagan PRODUCER Mark Flanagan FEATURING Jon Brion, Fiona Apple, Zach Galifianakis, Sarah Silverman, Aimee Mann, Patton Oswalt, Andrew Bird, Grant-Lee Phillips

poptartgirl

Postby MMari » Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:40 am

The premiere was great, though I didn't see the guys there (there were a lot of people so I can't say for sure).

The FotC clip they used in the film was a performance of "Mother Uckers" at Largo, but the best moment was probably when they messed it up a bit and started laughing.

I must say, the guys look great in black and white.
MMari
New arrival

Re: Largo film

Postby Emafer » Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:32 am

Very interesting. That oughta be a good flick.

I started first hanging out at Largo prolly about 13 or 14 years ago and then moved away from LA 4 years ago. Back then I was acquainted and then later dated a guy who held a comedy show there. It was The Monday Night Comedy Show and it was just kind of a place where a lot of ceomedians would come and test out the material that they were working on front of crowd and get feed back from other comics as well. We hung out with a lot of crazy people in those days, Tenacius D, Dave Chapelle, Greg Proops, Kathy Griffin, Karen Kilgariff. Laura Kitelinger. We all used to smoke pot in the parking lot out back hahahaha.

The room is really angular and does not lend itself to a big crowd. There are a couple of tables down front and then behund that it's all standing room. So it kind of forces every performance to be intimate which is really awesome. It used to be that in order to get a table you have to have a dinner reservation fo before the show. So a lot of time you at dinner surrounded by the people you spent the whole night with.

I'm really glad that FOthe C found that space. It's a really special space. But I REALLY hope that there is a peice of the film dedicated to CANTERS which is right across the street. It's my alltime favorite restaurant EVER!
~Medium Em~
Emafer
---

Postby Nancy » Tue Sep 09, 2008 4:55 am

Emafer wrote:Very interesting. That oughta be a good flick.

I started first hanging out at Largo prolly about 13 or 14 years ago and then moved away from LA 4 years ago. Back then I was acquainted and then later dated a guy who held a comedy show there. It was The Monday Night Comedy Show and it was just kind of a place where a lot of ceomedians would come and test out the material that they were working on front of crowd and get feed back from other comics as well. We hung out with a lot of crazy people in those days, Tenacius D, Dave Chapelle, Greg Proops, Kathy Griffin, Karen Kilgariff. Laura Kitelinger. We all used to smoke pot in the parking lot out back hahahaha.

The room is really angular and does not lend itself to a big crowd. There are a couple of tables down front and then behund that it's all standing room. So it kind of forces every performance to be intimate which is really awesome. It used to be that in order to get a table you have to have a dinner reservation fo before the show. So a lot of time you at dinner surrounded by the people you spent the whole night with.

I'm really glad that FOthe C found that space. It's a really special space. But I REALLY hope that there is a peice of the film dedicated to CANTERS which is right across the street. It's my alltime favorite restaurant EVER!

I read this only because of that stupid spammer. (not you, emafer!)
The movie was made at the space you described, but Largo has since moved to the old Coronet Theatre on La Cienega near the Beverly Center. A lot of people felt as you did, that the space was special, and they were worried about the move. There's more about the new space on the FOTC at Largo thread.
Oh, fish-like Lady
Lady-like Fish
I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady
No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit
La-dy-ish! Yeah!
Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Emafer » Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:31 am

It moved! No WAY! That sucks. I'm so sad!
~Medium Em~
Emafer
---

Postby H.... » Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:34 pm

There there there there there there there there :goodman:
Throw us your potatoes!
H....

Postby SheWolf » Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:22 pm

90% evil
ImageImage
SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby poptartgirl » Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:59 pm

It looks like the Largo film will be showing at film festivals in a few locations :

Athens International Film Festival
http://en. aiff. gr

Vancouver International Film Festival
http://www. viff. org/home. html

Austin Film Festival (Yay for me :D )
http://www. austinfilmfestival. com/new/

The Times BFI London Film Festival
http://www. bfi. org. uk/lff/

poptartgirl

Postby Nancy » Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:28 pm

Yay, Poptartgirl! :clap:
I'm guessing you might go see it?
And maybe some of the other areas could attract some more WTF-ers and you can all let us know how it was.

Thanks for the "Hurt Feelings" video link, SW. It looks like a fun song. I need to hear it a few times to decipher some of the lyrics. :hrm:
Oh, fish-like Lady
Lady-like Fish
I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady
No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit
La-dy-ish! Yeah!
Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Next

Return to Flight of The Conchords