It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:12 pm


*Those* sideburns

AKA as the Rhymenoscerous, The Video Kid, Figwit and is one gazillionth of The Wellington Ukulele Orchestra. Yuss him and maybe some invisible people also...

Moderator: Venus

Re: *Those* sideburns

Postby dangerous person » Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:31 pm

yeah
there are two sorts of guys
Jemaine's one and Bret's the other one :wink:

What you're saying is interesting though SW, I used to think that Bret would be the more popular one but things are not that simple I guess. Which is an excellent thing!!

Now, about those muttonchops, please Bret do not grow them back for a while...... :pray:
"We're a novelty music act, we're not a freak show"
User avatar
dangerous person
David Bowie's nipple antennae
 
Posts: 1268
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:26 am
Location: UK

Re: *Those* sideburns

Postby SheWolf » Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:38 pm

The first time I watched the first season I never gave Bret a second glance. He was just the guy hanging around with Jemaine to me. Bret didn't stand out or make any impression on me and it wasn't coz I was attracted to Jemaine coz I wasn't initially attracted to him but my eye always went right to Jemaine and I thought he was funnier too. I think it was only after I met Bret that I went - hold on - who's this guy? :waggle: - and I started paying attention to him.

Oh and allow me to add - Bret, it's time for a chop revival. Rock the chop!
90% evil
ImageImage
User avatar
SheWolf
Boom King!
 
Posts: 7354
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:24 pm
Location: Getting hot by the refrigerator

Re: *Those* sideburns

Postby nikki78 » Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:33 pm

SheWolf wrote:The first time I watched the first season I never gave Bret a second glance. He was just the guy hanging around with Jemaine to me. Bret didn't stand out or make any impression on me and it wasn't coz I was attracted to Jemaine coz I wasn't initially attracted to him but my eye always went right to Jemaine and I thought he was funnier too. I think it was only after I met Bret that I went - hold on - who's this guy? :waggle: - and I started paying attention to him.

Oh and allow me to add - Bret, it's time for a chop revival. Rock the chop!


The first time I saw episode #1, Jemaine really stood out to me and Bret did seem more like the guy who hung out w/ Jemaine. That changed for me as the season went on though. I also wasn't attracted to either of them until I saw the Girlfriends episode and was like, "hang on.. Bret.. I think love you!" I've been completely smitten with him ever since. :D

I'm OK if the chops don't make a comeback.. but I would deal either way. Bret w/ chops is better than no Bret at all.
User avatar
nikki78
Lost but happy at sea
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2007 8:15 pm
Location: USA

Re: *Those* sideburns

Postby H.... » Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:33 pm

I was brough back to me senses by remembering the Jemaine pizza. Anybody who can get away with having lips that even look good when made out of aubergine (bleurgh!!) deserves to be made into a god-like thing on WTF!
Throw us your potatoes!
User avatar
H....
David Bowie's nipple antennae
 
Posts: 1412
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 11:36 am
Location: The sofa...

Re: *Those* sideburns

Postby SheWolf » Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:02 pm

but he wouldn't eat it and I love the way he said "I'm not hungry!"
90% evil
ImageImage
User avatar
SheWolf
Boom King!
 
Posts: 7354
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:24 pm
Location: Getting hot by the refrigerator

Re: *Those* sideburns

Postby H.... » Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:15 pm

Would you eat your own face?
Throw us your potatoes!
User avatar
H....
David Bowie's nipple antennae
 
Posts: 1412
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 11:36 am
Location: The sofa...

Re: *Those* sideburns

Postby dangerous person » Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:55 pm

H.... wrote:Would you eat your own face?


I so wish that had been top of the page!!! :lol:
"We're a novelty music act, we're not a freak show"
User avatar
dangerous person
David Bowie's nipple antennae
 
Posts: 1268
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:26 am
Location: UK

Re: *Those* sideburns

Postby H.... » Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:57 pm

dangerous person wrote:
H.... wrote:Would you eat your own face?


I so wish that had been top of the page!!! :lol:


:D
Throw us your potatoes!
User avatar
H....
David Bowie's nipple antennae
 
Posts: 1412
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 11:36 am
Location: The sofa...

Re: *Those* sideburns

Postby Nancy » Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:55 pm

H.... wrote:
dangerous person wrote:
H.... wrote:Would you eat your own face?


I so wish that had been top of the page!!! :lol:


:D



You guys!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

*wishes the darn rofl emoticon worked*
Oh, fish-like Lady
Lady-like Fish
I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady
No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit
La-dy-ish! Yeah!
User avatar
Nancy
Persona Non Regatta
 
Posts: 9668
Joined: Wed May 07, 2008 9:40 pm
Location: Hope Valley, RI, USA

Re: *Those* sideburns

Postby hellomyfriend » Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:43 am

SheWolf wrote:The first time I watched the first season I never gave Bret a second glance. He was just the guy hanging around with Jemaine to me. Bret didn't stand out or make any impression on me and it wasn't coz I was attracted to Jemaine coz I wasn't initially attracted to him but my eye always went right to Jemaine and I thought he was funnier too. I think it was only after I met Bret that I went - hold on - who's this guy? :waggle: - and I started paying attention to him. ...

nikki78 wrote:... The first time I saw episode #1, Jemaine really stood out to me and Bret did seem more like the guy who hung out w/ Jemaine. That changed for me as the season went on though. I also wasn't attracted to either of them until I saw the Girlfriends episode and was like, "hang on.. Bret.. I think love you!" I've been completely smitten with him ever since. :D ...


It never even occurred to me that Jem might be popular with women ... I see Jemaine the same way I see Rhys, more or less. However, Bret's looks struck me immediately (understatement of the year). He's exactly the type I'm into: dark hair, skinny, doe-eyes, high cheekbones, pouty. :heartbeat:

Excluding looks, I didn't have a notable preference for one over the other until I saw them live. Bret's silly, surreal humor and beautiful voice stole my heart. I think Jem is great--especially with voices--but Bret's the one for me. :nod:
User avatar
hellomyfriend
Registered Rhymnecologist
 
Posts: 384
Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2008 10:05 pm
Location: Northern California, USA

Re: *Those* sideburns

Postby H.... » Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:53 am

hellomyfriend wrote:I see Jemaine the same way I see Rhys, more or less.



:puzzled:
No offense to Rhys, but how is this even possible?
Throw us your potatoes!
User avatar
H....
David Bowie's nipple antennae
 
Posts: 1412
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 11:36 am
Location: The sofa...

Re: *Those* sideburns

Postby hellomyfriend » Sat Sep 27, 2008 2:38 pm

H.... wrote:
hellomyfriend wrote:I see Jemaine the same way I see Rhys, more or less.



:puzzled:
No offense to Rhys, but how is this even possible?



Shame on you. Rhys is adorable! :thump:

Jem is adorable too. :hug:

They're both cute ... I'm just not particularly attracted to either of them. (Also see: Orlando Bloom) But I do enjoy Jemaine when he makes silly faces. :heart:
User avatar
hellomyfriend
Registered Rhymnecologist
 
Posts: 384
Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2008 10:05 pm
Location: Northern California, USA

Re: *Those* sideburns

Postby H.... » Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:36 pm

hellomyfriend wrote:Shame on you. Rhys is adorable! :thump:


I never said he wasn't! Rhys is great, just not Jem worthy!
Throw us your potatoes!
User avatar
H....
David Bowie's nipple antennae
 
Posts: 1412
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 11:36 am
Location: The sofa...

Re: *Those* sideburns

Postby dangerous person » Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:28 pm

Yes but neither Rhys nor Jem does sideburns this size:

Sherry wrote:Image


Not a fan of them but still!! :prayer:
"We're a novelty music act, we're not a freak show"
User avatar
dangerous person
David Bowie's nipple antennae
 
Posts: 1268
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:26 am
Location: UK

Re: *Those* sideburns

Postby H.... » Sun Sep 28, 2008 1:01 pm

You've got to be pretty commited to side-burns if you're going to grow them that big!
Throw us your potatoes!
User avatar
H....
David Bowie's nipple antennae
 
Posts: 1412
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 11:36 am
Location: The sofa...

PreviousNext

Return to Bret McKenzie

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

cron