What the Folk!

Flight of the Conchords. Yeah those guys. Feel free to discuss them here! Garfunkling!
It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:39 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Sherry
 Post subject: Q & A wotsit thing. A bit about it first
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 7:21 pm 
Professional Blonde

Hello there!

The votes have been counted, the answers marked, and the half time score is 3-2. And Eric Bana is waiting in the wings, on a unicorn, wearing a toga and little else, to present me with my award for most..... Wait, thats the wrong reality :roll:

You may remeber a while back I mentioned about how The Guys/Bret and Jemaine/Flight of the Conchords/F o The C, had said yes to answering some questions put to them by fans here on What The Folk! <insert shameless plug here> As its What The Folk's! third birthday this month they were happy to help me celebrate by taking part in a Q & A. And maybe some other stuff too. :prayer: Who knows but :birthday: :dance: :party: to What The Folk (and me)

After much merriment, sorting and agonising of questions sent in, and a few emails to and fro, I felt the guys would be running for the hills. But no! Jemaine emailed back again and asked if anyone had any questions for Brian their manager also. And some guy named Rhys. So those were duly added. Wahey :waggle: This is almost too easy I thought....

Time passed slowly. Occasionally it felt like it had stopped. I double checked the earth was still spinning on its axis and was duly informed by the man at the Department for the Enviroment that no, time was not broken, nor did it need speeding up any, and yes, the last time he had looked out his window the earth appeared to still be moving round. I thought he might be faking the last part by sitting by the window and on a fancy desk chair that spins right the way round. You know the ones that make you go dizzy if you whizz round quick enough. Lots. Then stand up quick and watch yourself topple....or try to...

I :stick: the guys only once. And Jemaine dropped a line letting me know that Brian had answered already, he was working on his and who knew what Bret was up to. But we were getting there :lol:

Anyways, this morning I awoke to an email from The Guys. Well, Jemaine to be exact. He said
"Here are Rhys' and my answers. Bret's touring Aussie with the Black Seeds so I don't know when he'll get a chance to do his."

I smiled lots when I read this, and I have to admit, it did not come as a huge surprise. But wooo, yay and yayness, we got some much anticipated answers to some burning questions. Only not from Bret. Yet. I am hoping that he will answer sometime in the not to distant future though. In the meantime I thought it would not be fair to keep you all hanging on. So here, ladies and gentlemen, without further ado, is the Question and Answer session with (Bret) and Jemaine. And Brian. And Rhys.

I've posted each set of Q & A in its own thread. That way its easier for everyone to read and follow and reply (if so inclined) Hoping it all makes sense for you :)

Please credit What The Folk! and a link back to the forums (and main site) if you mention this Q&A stuff anywhere else online. Its always nice to credit the source. The guys gave their time, I gave mine, so take a minute of yours. Thanks.

Now the mushy bit...

A couple of people I could not forget to thank here. A huge big thank you to Jemaine and Bret for taking part in this. For being decent guys who made me smile and laugh once upon a time. I've been following the Conchords for a fair while now and can only hope they don't consider me too sad and geeky for spending a fair bit of my free time running a website on them. Since I met them back in 2002, this site has been something I have enjoyed working on. Its become a creative outlet for me, and I've been very happy being able to share with others about what it is the guys do. I'm just chuffed others are liking FoTC, what goes on here and that they keep coming back for more. Long may it continue 8)

And thanks also to Rhys Darby for taking the time on this Q&A also. And for Brian Nesbitt, a truly inspired comic creation.

Thanks also to Nikky and my Bloke. Both of you have been hiding in the wings for far to long, so :clap: and :prayer: to you both. You know who you are 8)

Cheers
Sherry

Andria
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 3:07 am 
Bootylicious Flygirl

Cool Beans! I wasn't sure if I could post on this thread for some reason. But I can! So, one quick thingy.

Happy Birthday, What the Folk!!

For being only three years old you have done quite a lot. I don't know many three years olds who can speak coherently, let alone type so well. The whole HTML thing is quite challenging, too.

Sherry
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 12:12 pm 
Professional Blonde

Andria wrote:
Cool Beans! I wasn't sure if I could post on this thread for some reason. But I can! So, one quick thingy.

Happy Birthday, What the Folk!!

For being only three years old you have done quite a lot. I don't know many three years olds who can speak coherently, let alone type so well. The whole HTML thing is quite challenging, too.

Why Thank you :blush: I'm looking rather good for my age, if I do say so myself :eyelashes:

Yes, its three years this month (or maybe it was last month, but I consider November the birthday month) since What The Folk! went live and began spreading the word of folk parody and the Conchords.

Lots more stuff to come this month in way of celebration :)

Kate
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 12:29 pm 
David Bowie's nipple antennae

:birthday: Happy Birthday, What the Folk!! :birthday:

And a special Thank You to the lovely and talented Sherry :eyelashes:, who, in a stroke of self-admitted boredom, created a wondrous place to honor Flight of the Conchords! And, thanks to her "bloke" for backing her up so brilliantly. And, Nikki, whoever you are, thank you, too.

Love,

Kate :folkon:

indigo_jones
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 1:04 pm 
That's Mrs. Indigo Jones-McKenzie to you

:party: Happy Birthday, indeed! :birthday:

Good on ya! :thumb:

I'm so glad you've been so good about keeping the site updated and growing, Sherry. It really was an invaluable source when I went looking for Conchords information. A very big thank you to you!

Happiness is Bret-Shaped.

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania

Gayle
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 3:24 pm 
Cool Nipples!

:birthday: :party: :drinkers: :sombrero: :yay:

Congratulations Sherry!!!

Deirdre
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 4:28 pm 

Thank You Sherry !!
and Happy Birthday to You!
and to What the Folk!!

I am so glad I found F o the C and What the Folk to keep me constantly occupied and singing like a loon.[

p.s. Thanks Gayle!

Last edited by Deirdre on Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gayle
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 4:32 pm 
Cool Nipples!

Deirdre wrote:
Thank You Sherry !!
and Happy Birthday to You!
and toWhat the Folk!!!

I am so glad I found F o the C and What the Folk to keep me constantly occupied and singing like a loon.

p.s. I don't know why my message isn't comong up all the pretty colors and big sizes I typed on the reply. But just so you know, I wanted it to be festive, I just don't know the correct way to do it. Sorry...

Hey there! If click on EDIT in the upper right corner of your post, you can highlight the text you want to change the color of THEN click on the color you like, it should work.

specialkay
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 5:26 pm 
Registered Rhymnecologist

Sherry, I know I have said this before, but, I am so glad you are here for us working so diligently to keep us up on all the lastest info and also keeping us informed about the 'issues' relating to the guys!
Happy 3rd B-day What the Folk! :clap: :yay: :party: :birthday:
:supz: :thumb: :partyman: :sing: :rock:

djdeathskiss
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 8:18 pm 
Keeping it funky

Very cool, Sherry! Thanks again for putting this all together.

Happy B-Day WTF!

Ellen
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 12:33 am 

I saw this on the drive home and had to take a picture. This place really is internationally known! Best wishes!

Gayle
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 12:36 am 
Cool Nipples!

Ellen wrote:
I saw this on the drive home and had to take a picture. This place really is internationally known! Best wishes!

Ellen, that's perfect!

Kate
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 12:59 am 

Ellen wrote:

As I have always said... this place has some very talented people! Outstanding! (Mind you, I needed a magnifying glass to read it, but it was super, nonetheless!)

Deirdre
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 1:19 am 

I know that I am the gulable type, so I might sound "daft" asking. Is that a real billboard? And if so, where is is?

Ellen
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 2:33 am 

Thanks Gayle, glad you liked it. :)

Kate, you should be able to click on the photo to enlarge it and spare your eyes.

Deirdre, you’re darling. I’m sorry to tell you that billboard exists only in the Land of Lost Business Socks.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next