It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:17 pm

HBO Flight of The Conchords show - Season Two - Ep 1

The place for all Conchords HBO convo

Moderator: Venus

Re: HBO Flight of The Conchords show - Season Two - Ep 1

Postby Emafer » Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:10 am

I just watched it this evening and was dying! And I still keep chuckling about the macrame owl blahahahaha. The Toothpaste commercial I almost did a spit take.
~Medium Em~
Emafer
---

Postby indigo_jones » Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:53 am

Guys, seriously, keep this thread just for actual discussion of Season Two - Episode 1. Outside of the last post, there was a whole lot of spoiler stuff going on that I really didn't want to know. I may try copying them to the appropriate thread, or I may just delete them. Be extremely careful about this. This is one thing that I'm going to be super strict about.
"It was a hilarious, hilarious moment in a very bleak, bleak time of my life."

Happiness is Bret-Shaped.

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania
indigo_jones
That's Mrs. Indigo Jones-McKenzie to you

Postby Val2150 » Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:00 pm

Sorry Indigo :sosad:
"You do not choose sexy. Sexy chooses you." -mohumbai mania
Val2150
Stop touching the monkeys

Postby Sherry » Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:58 pm

Yuss, what Indy said :)

Ladies, and any guys, please don't spoil it for those who have to wait a while before seeing episodes. Not everyone here live in the US ;)

I have not seen episode 13 yet even, but as this is the discussion thread for it thats fine I am ruined as to what happens :lol: I don't like watching on small screen via the compy and am in the UK..... and while I don't mind some spoilers about future episodes, I don't want to find them creeping in all over the forum.

Please keep (possible) future spoilers to the spoiler thread. And episode discussion to the relavent episode thread. Anywhere else, refrain and drag your arse over to the appropriate thread and post there please :whip:
Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby ASmallTurnip » Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:09 pm

Thanks for the heads-up, Sherry and Indy. (Pleasepleaseplease let me keep my threads straight! :rolleyes: )

Would it also be possible to get some clarification on screencaps and such? As one who is likely going to be seeing Season 2 episodes with a day or two delay (if I'm lucky), I'd be sad if I inadvertently came across a screencap that gave crucial plot points or surprises away. I don't mind sweet-but-innocuous shots, but I don't want to be spoiled on the good stuff. :wink: Should I be steering clear of the Bret and Jemaine photo threads? Or are screencaps limited to the episode-specific thread?

Also, what about new avatar shots and signatures? Are they fair game for changing once the episode has aired in the US? What about material from promos?

Sorry about all the little-sister pestering questions! I always ask too many questions. :D Please give me a cuff around the ear if I'm being annoying, but I wanted to make sure I do things correctly so I'm not spoiled, and most especially so I don't spoil anyone else who wants to stay pure but still chat companionably on WTF.

Sorry about the run-on sentences, too.

.:: She's got two jobs. She's a pastry chef and a sniper ::.
ASmallTurnip
-- MASTER CRIMINAL -- Root Vegetable Violence a Specialty

Postby Sherry » Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:35 pm

OK, I"ll write a guide for it all and post it in the notice thread for HBO series.

Let's get back to topic now :)
Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby LSully9 » Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:53 am

It's almost time!!! :yay: :party:
Two struggling musicians, living in poverty and despair, selling their...instruments.
LSully9
Getting lewd with the food

Postby Val2150 » Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:21 am

Hee hee! Still loved it even after the fourth time! :) Watched it with a friend who had never seen the show and he liked it too, though at the last song he said "What the hell was that?" and I can't say I disagree.

So glad the boys are back! :-)
Val2150

Postby Nancy » Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:46 am

Sorry Sherry and Indy - I'll try to be more vigilant, and remember what thread I'm on.

I watched it tonight, and I was very surprised that they didn't start with the "Previously on FoTC", as it did on Funny or Die. Too bad - it really made it clearer.

I did notice that it was easier to see some of the scenes on my computer than it was on the tv set - some things seemed a bit too dark, and they weren't too dark on the computer. :dunno:
I know there had been a discussion about it being a different look from last season - it did look different to me on tv, starting with the first meeting in Murray's office. Maybe the lighting just wasn't as warm as the other office - their faces didn't seem really clear.

There also seemed to be a few extra lines in Dave's shop, or maybe I just didn't remember hearing them before. Before Dave talks about the macrame owl, I didn't remember him
singing, "Pussy....."(something, I can't remember now :puzzled: , but he sings it twice).

I was glad I had closed captioning so I could catch all those great lyrics and under the breath asides. :roll2: All in all, it was good to welcome the guys back to Sunday nights! :wave:
Oh, fish-like Lady
Lady-like Fish
I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady
No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit
La-dy-ish! Yeah!
Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby slut_angel22@yahoo » Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:39 pm

There also seemed to be a few extra lines in Dave's shop, or maybe I just didn't remember hearing them before. Before Dave talks about the macrame owl, I didn't remember him
singing, "Pussy....."(something, I can't remember now , but he sings it twice).

I didn't remember Dave singing that either in online versions.

I have to admit my heart leapt as soon as I heard the HBO fuzzy sound, the angelic "aahhhhhh" and the HBO logo come into focus. How many times I had seen it online became viry irrelevant. :love:
Bret: Have been sheared.
Jemaine: Have been shorn.
slut_angel22@yahoo

Postby LSully9 » Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:39 pm

Yeah... I've seen the online one probably like 50 times and the scene in Dave's shop was definately longer. Which is great because I really love that guy.

I know a lot of the earlier complaints were about how pale the guys looked and the lighting/colouring... I didn't think it looked as bad on the tv... There was still a kinda "washed" feeling to it, like it wasn't as bright as last time, but I thought it looked much better than the internet releases...

Nancy Hillner wrote:Maybe the lighting just wasn't as warm as the other office - their faces didn't seem really clear.

I wonder if that was intentional though. That whole scenario was pretty surreal, and that fuzzy feeling I got in the new office scenes kinda complemented that surrealness... It felt like the lighting/feeling for scenes in their apartment and back at the consulate were pretty on par with last year...

slut_angel22@yahoo wrote:I have to admit my heart leapt as soon as I heard the HBO fuzzy sound, the angelic "aahhhhhh" and the HBO logo come into focus. How many times I had seen it online became viry irrelevant.

I know!!! I was so happy!! :D I clapped and giggled and sister was like "How many times have you seen this already?" I said "Tichnically, this is the first time on tv." To which she reminded me, "But you watched it on demand twice last week." "But that doesn't count," I countered, "because this is the premiere."

About 5 minutes later, mom came out of her room and said, "Wasn't this one just on? I thought you said it was new." Sister mockingly repeated my previous argument. But the best part is that my mother, who last year rolled her eyes and complained about the stupidity of the show everytime I put it on, is now a closet fan. :biggrin: Oh yeah, I'm good. lol! I'll have to take her to a show this time around...

Nancy Hillner wrote:I did notice that it was easier to see some of the scenes on my computer than it was on the tv set - some things seemed a bit too dark, and they weren't too dark on the computer.

Check your tv settings... You may need to adjust the brightness... I have a similar problem but can't fix it as the remote for the television has loooong been lost... It makes watching CSI (and other "dark" shows) difficult at times... :roll:
Two struggling musicians, living in poverty and despair, selling their...instruments.
LSully9

Postby Sherry » Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:13 pm

IIRC the pilot that aired on MySpace before it aired on HBO properly had different footage in. People noticed differences.

They are still editing (at least for another month) so it may have been changed slightly.
Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby ceebeecee » Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:16 pm

Hubby and I watched first ep. of Season 2 last night. We both noticed that on TV the suits in the toothpaste ad don't seem to be worn but rather painted on. It's a detail I didn't notice on my computer screen. :D

I think I'll have a faint now.
"When I saw you tonight I thought here's two men who know exactly what women feel like."
ceebeecee
New arrival

Postby Val2150 » Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:22 pm

Hi ceebeecee! :wave: Just noticed you're a fellow Chicagoan. :)

Anyway, yeah I noticed the suits were painted on too - hence the blue robes in the following scene. :waggle:
Val2150

Postby LSully9 » Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:47 pm

Val2150 wrote:Anyway, yeah I noticed the suits were painted on too - hence the blue robes in the following scene. :waggle:

:thinks she needs to watch it again when she gets home...: :waggle:
LSully9

PreviousNext

Return to HBO TV series