“Brezhnev’s Eyebrows"

Everything else you can poke a stick at. And then some.
Andria
Bootylicious Flygirl

“Brezhnev’s Eyebrows"

Postby Andria » Sat Nov 12, 2005 6:45 am

Ellen and I are in the process of forming our own little bband dubbed “Brezhnev’s Eyebrows"
Quick run-through:
Our instruments of choice so far are a salt grinder, a buzzing guitar, an air harpsichord, a toot-toot bottle, an aluminum can and vocal stylings from behind the stage curtain from Ellen. We will only be recording on 8 track tapes.
We are in hopes that the great Brian Nesbitt (winner of the coveted SAD award) would be willing to manage us. Until we are able to record our stuff to submit to Brian (to see if he will manage us) we need an interim bband manager. Gayle nominated Fluffyblonde, who we think is an excellent choice(hopefully she will take us on). Until she returns however, we are in need of a sub for our interim bband manager until we get to talk with Brian.
Ellen said something along these lines about the subject: We will be holding auditions for the substitute interim bband manager. Or accepting applications. Or basically just signing up anyone who says they’d be willing to do it.
Andria says: So. Is anyone up to the task of substituting for the interim bband manager for the bband manager?

We have been hijacking the Rhys Darby thread in the Q&A and decided we'd better move to a different venue. Much like the Conchords: Pig & Whistle vs. opening for Dan and The Panda in York. No comparison.

If you are interested in seeing how we came together, see the end of this page and this page.
I'll take your body and cover it with honey, then stick some money to the honey, now you're covered in money, honey. -FotC

indigo_jones
That's Mrs. Indigo Jones-McKenzie to you

Postby indigo_jones » Sat Nov 12, 2005 2:18 pm

As I'm short on seasonings, I'll throw my little dust vac into the ring to be interim manager. I am your biggest fan, after all!
"It was a hilarious, hilarious moment in a very bleak, bleak time of my life."

Happiness is Bret-Shaped.

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania

Ellen
Registered Rhymnecologist

Note: No eyebrows were harmed in the forming of this band.

Postby Ellen » Sat Nov 12, 2005 4:02 pm

indigo_jones wrote:As I'm short on seasonings, I'll throw my little dust vac into the ring to be interim manager. I am your biggest fan, after all!

Hooray, we have a manager! Oh that’s a huge relief, because I was worried that the way Andria summed everything up made it sound like we’re not for real. I was concerned that nobody would believe we’re a legitimate bband. Sure, she’s a supremely talented aluminum can musician, but I honestly can’t play the toot-toot bottle very well. It takes ages longer to learn than the conventional soft drink bottle. Even if I stand behind the curtain, I’m afraid everyone will know the difference. I think I’m going to need some help with that; I have some musicianship image issues. :oops:

conchordgirl

Postby conchordgirl » Sat Nov 12, 2005 5:52 pm

Consider me your first "groupie"! (There is nothing wrong with a hetro girl telling another hetro girl that her booty is fly.) I'm starting the BE fan club! :D

--Nicole
Oh, look at me! I'm the magical man from happy land, in a gumdrop house on lollipop laaaaaane!!
Oh by the way I was being sarcastic.--Homer Simpson

indigo_jones

Postby indigo_jones » Sat Nov 12, 2005 6:57 pm

Ellen, when I'm sorting out the recycling, I'll be sure to save all the bottles for you so you'll at least have plenty to practice with. Maybe it just depends on the type of bottle! I think the pretty label on the Izze bottles may be just the inspiration you need, and the clean shape may put you on the cutting edge in terms of sound.

Of course, I bet Neil Finn would know the answer to this dilema. If Brian won't be the official manager yet, maybe I can at least track him down and get Neil's number. I'm sure he hasn't changed it again. :wink:

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania

Andria
Bootylicious Flygirl

Re: Note: No eyebrows were harmed in the forming of this ban

Postby Andria » Sat Nov 12, 2005 11:31 pm

Ellen wrote: Even if I stand behind the curtain, I’m afraid everyone will know the difference. I think I’m going to need some help with that; I have some musicianship image issues. :oops:

Would it help if I gave you more compliments? :D

Yay! Thanks for taking us on Bband Manager Jones-McKenzie. :eyelashes: I was feeling quite lost. Not sure whether to post or not. Will people take us seriously, do you think? We may seem like a freak show at this point, but we're an actual bband!

Bband Meeting Needed!

News to discuss - our new fan club! Emphases on fan aka Nicole :D
I'll take your body and cover it with honey, then stick some money to the honey, now you're covered in money, honey. -FotC

specialkay

Postby specialkay » Sat Nov 12, 2005 11:41 pm

ANDRIA...babe...now, we really need to talk about how long it took you and where you would have possibly found this facinating photograph to use as the cover for your first 8 track album! :roll2: :rock:
"Growing OLD is mandatory but growing UP is optional" :)
~KAREN~

Andria
Bootylicious Flygirl

Postby Andria » Sun Nov 13, 2005 12:00 am

specialkay wrote:ANDRIA...babe...now, we really need to talk about how long it took you and where you would have possibly found this facinating photograph to use as the cover for your first 8 track album! :roll2: :rock:

*points at Ellen* It was her - she did it! :doomed: :D

Gayle
Cool Nipples!

Postby Gayle » Sun Nov 13, 2005 1:26 am

You know, the spouse is a musician and I actually sitting in a recording studio as I type. And... I have an actual concertina. One of those little squeeze box dealies. So... can I be in the band? Huh? Can I?

I have no musical talent, but I know some people who do... does that help?
4 out of 3 people have difficulty with fractions.

Andria
Bootylicious Flygirl

Postby Andria » Sun Nov 13, 2005 1:48 am

Gayle wrote:You know, the spouse is a musician and I actually sitting in a recording studio as I type. And... I have an actual concertina. One of those little squeeze box dealies. So... can I be in the band? Huh? Can I?

I have to consult with Ellen and Bband Manager Jones-McKenzie(BMJK to save my fingers). I am not able to make decisions myself. :puzzled: Would you want to be behind the curtain with Ellen or on-stage with me?

Gayle
Cool Nipples!

Postby Gayle » Sun Nov 13, 2005 1:51 am

Andria wrote:
Gayle wrote:You know, the spouse is a musician and I actually sitting in a recording studio as I type. And... I have an actual concertina. One of those little squeeze box dealies. So... can I be in the band? Huh? Can I?

I have to consult with Ellen and Bband Manager Jones-McKenzie(BMJK to save my fingers). I am not able to make decisions myself. :puzzled: Would you want to be behind the curtain with Ellen or on-stage with me?

on-stage please, but with a gorilla mask on. If that's in keeping with the style.
4 out of 3 people have difficulty with fractions.

specialkay

Postby specialkay » Sun Nov 13, 2005 2:04 am

I sing but I can't play a thing, well...I can strum a bass fiddle just a bit but, I would never get up on stage a do it! :wink:
But, I would sing for anyone..."without loosing confidence" :lol:
"Growing OLD is mandatory but growing UP is optional" :)

~KAREN~

indigo_jones

Postby indigo_jones » Sun Nov 13, 2005 2:46 pm

Goodness! It looks like we need to call an emergency band meeting to decide on all of this new input!

Roll call!

BMJM.
Here.

Andria?

Ellen?

Kate
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby Kate » Sun Nov 13, 2005 3:05 pm

With a name like “Brezhnev’s Eyebrows", if I might make a suggestion to the songwriter of the group, maybe your first song should bs "Ridiculous Russian Dolls". :roll2:

Just a suggestion. :wink:

Andria
Bootylicious Flygirl

Postby Andria » Sun Nov 13, 2005 3:59 pm

indigo_jones wrote:Goodness! It looks like we need to call an emergency band meeting to decide on all of this new input!

Roll call!

BMJM.
Here.

Andria?

Ellen?

Present! (And thanks for fixing the BMJK...:oops: :D )

"Ridiculous Russian Dolls"! I like it!

Return to “Off topic rambles”