It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:02 pm

HBO Flight of the Conchords Show - Season Two - Ep 6

The place for all Conchords HBO convo

Moderator: Venus

HBO Flight of the Conchords Show - Season Two - Ep 6

Postby ASmallTurnip » Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:15 am

.:: She's got two jobs. She's a pastry chef and a sniper ::.
ASmallTurnip
-- MASTER CRIMINAL -- Root Vegetable Violence a Specialty

Re: HBO Flight of the Conchords Show - Season Two - Ep 6

Postby Bad Atom » Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:19 am

How'd they get all their furniture back?
Bad Atom
The "Play Whatever You Want!" Guy

Postby Amanda » Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:25 am

ASmallTurnip wrote:Image

How on earth have you seen it already?? :o Are you in the US? Can't wait to see it :D
But if you did I'd hold you tight / Into every single night
And we'd fall asleep together / And we'd wake up in the sunlight
Well, maybe I'm a dreamer / But maybe one day you'll see / That dreams are...
Amanda
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby dandy lyons » Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:29 am

I love it!!! :lol:
Gar·funk·ling (verb) Funky cuddling with the candles twinkling.
dandy lyons
Consistently Mediocre

Postby ASmallTurnip » Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:13 am

Amanda wrote:How on earth have you seen it already?? :o Are you in the US? Can't wait to see it :D

Ach, I was up arsing about, watching the Oscars, and, you know, it sort of fell into my lap. Like Newton's apple, only sexier.

I have to say, I thought this episode was all kinds of crazy craaaaaaaaazy hot. But it felt significantly different from other eps, especially the second half. The second half was definitely a bit wonk. It was directed by James Bobin, so no great shake-ups there, but it almost felt like a completely different show at times. And while I've enjoyed Kristen Wiig on Saturday Night Live, she really, really didn't snap right into the Conchords' world for me. Something felt off about her. To be fair, Wiig certainly wasn't the only element that was weird with this episode, but I was definitely struck by how jarring her character was. When she was in a scene, it honestly felt like I was watching a different telly programme altogether. And I'm not sure I liked it.

BUT OH MY GOD. THE STRADDLING, THE SWEATING, THE FENCING, THE AMBIGUOUS SEXUAL JUXTAPOSITIONS. AND THE SHORTS. THE SWEET, SWEET SHORTS. I must now go find my smelling salts because I HAZ TEH VAPOURS.

Also: am I the only one who gets hot and sticky whenever Bret plays the piano? I do love watching his hands so very, very much. They make me giddy. :rolleyes:

Edited to add:

Brahbrah?

Dr. Huxtable called. He'd like his sweater back.

ASmallTurnip

Postby H.... » Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:51 am

The white shorts *dies*
I like how J turned into Dr Ronald for a short section during the clothes swap. I was on the edge of a panic attack.
Brahbrah- mreh :dunno: . Nice name though.
And the epileptic dog benefit song was great.
Oooh! And 'pro-aids'. I love Murray.
Throw us your potatoes!
H....

Postby Amanda » Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:18 am

:| :hrmpf:
But if you did I'd hold you tight / Into every single night
And we'd fall asleep together / And we'd wake up in the sunlight
Well, maybe I'm a dreamer / But maybe one day you'll see / That dreams are...
Amanda

Postby prettyrobyngirl » Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:39 am

So many things in this episode that were great. Yes this one was a big departure from last week, but it keeps in interesting, and the attention to the little things made it so wonderful... Although I wish the actress play Brahbrah had better timing and subtlety than Wigg.

Anyone else notice Bret's shirt during the basketball scene in the first song? It was a picture of a bear with the antlers of a moose and underneath said "deer?".

On the NZ Consulate sign, the office is listed in between "All Asian Message 2" and "Escot Sausage Casings"... it makes me want to go back to the other episodes to see what else they have listed!

The posters-"NZ... Ewe should come" and I only caught half of the second one, saying ".... down underer". Both brilliant.

The whole Jemaine dressing as Bret scene from the beard (which he can grow a serious one in off season too!) to the penguin shirt to the fact that he was talking to a coat rack. I never noticed until now how much Jemaine's glasses make his eyes bigger, but he is still gorgeous without them.

During the concert, one of the background slides said "Bitches prone to seizures?"

And maybe you WTFers can tell me where the baby/family picture that Mel bring out at the end is from specifically? I read in the NZ listener article that the weirdest thing Big J has ever seen at a show is a woman with a picture of a fetus with side burns and glasses on her shirt, but that doesn't necessarily explain the merging baby pictures. Everything Mel has done in this season seems to be heavily rooted in actual fan behavior, from art to the cookies to even some of her dream.... anyone got anything?

I can't believe there is only four episodes left... and then who knows after then :(
Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination.
prettyrobyngirl
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby prettyrobyngirl » Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:46 am

Oh yes, and is anyone else like the songs they aren't posting on itunes better than the ones they are? Last week, "two d*cks" was the more catchy of the two, although Carol Brown was great too. But this week, "she was looking at me" was far catchier and just a better song than "love is the weapon of choice".... they really need to start posting both!!!!
Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination.
prettyrobyngirl

Postby ASmallTurnip » Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:06 pm

prettyrobyngirl wrote:Oh yes, and is anyone else like the songs they aren't posting on itunes better than the ones they are? Last week, "two d*cks" was the more catchy of the two, although Carol Brown was great too. But this week, "she was looking at me" was far catchier and just a better song than "love is the weapon of choice".... they really need to start posting both!!!!

As a poor aggrieved Conchordian based in the UK, and without access to any of the goodies on iTunes, I can only shed a silent tear at the thought of being able to download one song a week, let alone two. But I think I'm In Love With A Sexy Lady is the available track from this ep, isn't it? Hang on, let me check. Yep. If you're in the US, you should have all the sexy lazy-eyed lady ditties you could ever wish for. :D

H.... wrote:The white shorts *dies*

Oh, these ones, you mean?

Yes, they are rather nice, aren't they? Also, someone needs to brush up on their photoshopping skills, sharpish. :yawinkle:

ASmallTurnip

Postby trefusis » Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:38 pm

Six weeks, I lasted. SIX WEEKS... and I finally crack... and look on a spoiler thread... and the first thing I see is :shock: :silence: :silence:

When I get to hell, I'm going to tell them that Turnip sent me.
That's the conclusion that I've come to, but...
trefusis

Postby ASmallTurnip » Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:40 pm

** Beams proudly. **

ASmallTurnip

Postby Val2150 » Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:36 pm

I liked this one. The songs were meh, :| but there were so many other hilarious things. My god, the fighting, the fencing, the glove-slap, Jemaine without glasses, THE BUDGIE SMUGGLERS......it was almost too much for this poor little Jemainiac. :D

Oh, and add me to the list of those that didn't like Kristen Wiig. Her scenes were just....odd. And not in the lovably daffy, good Conchords-style odd.

I also thought you could tell the guys had a lot of fun making this one. And that's always nice to see.
"You do not choose sexy. Sexy chooses you." -mohumbai mania
Val2150
Stop touching the monkeys

Postby WomanInThePark » Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:37 pm

Man, I was not a fan of this episode. There were some funny bits from Bret and Jemaine...the beard and glasses switching, the glove...but I think most of this episode's humor was the rest of the cast's, which seemed unusual.
MANY sixy bits, though.
Bret in shorts, too?!!
:thud:
I loved Bret as his and Jem's baby. That was my favorite part.
Beth, did you really need to fake your death?
WomanInThePark

Postby trefusis » Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:12 pm

To an S2 virgin, this thread sure is weird. It's going "mhgmfhghemhwmgjffmg SHORTS mhgmfhghemhwmgjffmg SEXUAL mhgmfhghemhwmgjffmg CLOTHES SWAP mhgmfhghemhwmgjffmg BRET AND JEMAINE'S BABY..." Like Panties On with screencaps :que:

<WomanInThePark, all I could find was a YouTube link to that BS vid, but you've probably seen it by now anyway...>
That's the conclusion that I've come to, but...
trefusis

Next

Return to HBO TV series