It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:59 pm


HBO Flight of the Conchords Show - Season Two - Ep 6

The place for all Conchords HBO convo

Moderator: Venus

Re: HBO Flight of the Conchords Show - Season Two - Ep 6

Postby JulesJules » Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:46 pm

charks wrote:A very wordy episode. Loved the first song...several great lines...and I really need to listen to it again.

Wasn't crazy about the dueling song.

Loved Bret belting it out like Paul McCartney on the piano.

I'm definitely a newbie on this board...but is it possible that I'm the only guy...male...dude...that watches?! :)


Naa, there are a lot of male fans of the show. I commend you for posting with us! My son, 15, is as crazy about the show as I am, and is going to the concert with me in April. But he would never post on a message board with his mom.

Welcome!! We need some testosterone around here to keep us in check!
User avatar
JulesJules
Registered Rhymnecologist
 
Posts: 276
Joined: Tue May 06, 2008 5:52 pm
Location: Atlanta

Re: HBO Flight of the Conchords Show - Season Two - Ep 6

Postby SheWolf » Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:59 pm

halokiti wrote:Lols. R Kelly Featuring Usher - Same Girl http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HN1SVSH40b4 I'm waiting for a In the Closet parody now.
OHHHHHHHHHH *lightbulb* that would explain why this episode was originally entitled Same Girl and why that song was so lame. I caught a few more things last night, like Brahbra saying one of the dogs passed away from the strobe induced seizure. Mel = blech, lame both times she appeared. Dave didn't do it for me either. But I watched Jemaine jogging transfixed at the grippage of his shorts to his curvaceous masculine form so all is good (yeah he is looking awfully white, what's up with that?) And why are Bret's shorts so big? Is he still feeling body conscious? Agree with Atom that this plot is very sitcom-ish, not to mention we've seen this basic storyline before with B&J trying to outdo each other for Sally's affections.

I'd like to see more BBC radio series elements worked into these eps. We're still waiting on Bus Driver's Song right? Any other FOTC classics that have yet to appear on the show?
90% evil
ImageImage
User avatar
SheWolf
Boom King!
 
Posts: 7354
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:24 pm
Location: Getting hot by the refrigerator

Re: HBO Flight of the Conchords Show - Season Two - Ep 6

Postby ASmallTurnip » Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:06 pm

SheWolf wrote:OHHHHHHHHHH *lightbulb* that would explain why this episode was originally entitled Same Girl and why that song was so lame.

Girl, you crazy! On page 2 you're saying:

SheWolf wrote:The first song was great.

But on page 4, it's so lame? A person can change their mind, but that's some speedy footwork there. What made you take against it in one quick spin of the Earth?

Bad Atom wrote:So the sudden reappearance of all the furniture was never explained, and on top of that, Murray can afford to rent a recording studio and stage a benefit too? I know money-related situations on TV are rarely realistic, but four episodes ago a $2.79 cup broke the bank.

Your insistence on internal narrative logic is bringing me dowwwwwn, man. :wink: The Conchords are like Kiwi Wile E. Coyotes, subject only to cartoon physics. They may plunge head-first off a towering cliff, but they just pop right back up again, ready for their next adventure. You want gritty realism, then I recommend The Wire. Or Bambi.

Bad Atom wrote:And while I see the ladies here are going nuts over the short shorts and other assorted :thud: things, all I could say was "Seriously, those guys are really white."

Yeah. **Smiles dreamily.** Pale knobbly knees are TEH SEX. Honestly, I'm such a Victorian: one flash of a white ankle and I come over all faint.

.:: She's got two jobs. She's a pastry chef and a sniper ::.
User avatar
ASmallTurnip
-- MASTER CRIMINAL -- Root Vegetable Violence a Specialty
 
Posts: 736
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:21 pm
Location: London, England

Re: HBO Flight of the Conchords Show - Season Two - Ep 6

Postby prettyrobyngirl » Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:50 pm

halokiti wrote:

I'd like to see more BBC radio series elements worked into these eps. We're still waiting on Bus Driver's Song right? Any other FOTC classics that have yet to appear on the show?



Jenny hasn't been on the show yet. I do really like that song, especially the version that they sang at the secret show in Wellington after they won the Grammy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AeEKgpLvVo8

Hope they both show up soon!
Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination.
User avatar
prettyrobyngirl
Registered Rhymnecologist
 
Posts: 276
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:52 pm
Location: Back in Canadialand

Re: HBO Flight of the Conchords Show - Season Two - Ep 6

Postby SheWolf » Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:45 pm

It's all or nothing with me turnip. I think the first time I liked the song because I was enthralled by what they were doing more than what they were singing. It probably helped that I couldn't make out some of what they were singing too. I like the "are you thinking what I'm thinking? No I'm thinking what I'm thinking" line but other than that I say lame, (I think that's the best diss) which doesn't preculde me from tomorrow saying it's good but does probably preclude me from creditibility somewhat. :? :rolleyes:
90% evil
ImageImage
User avatar
SheWolf
Boom King!
 
Posts: 7354
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:24 pm
Location: Getting hot by the refrigerator

Re: HBO Flight of the Conchords Show - Season Two - Ep 6

Postby tvldiva » Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:42 pm

ASmallTurnip wrote:
SheWolf wrote:OHHHHHHHHHH *lightbulb* that would explain why this episode was originally entitled Same Girl and why that song was so lame.

Girl, you crazy! On page 2 you're saying:

SheWolf wrote:The first song was great.

But on page 4, it's so lame? A person can change their mind, but that's some speedy footwork there. What made you take against it in one quick spin of the Earth?

Bad Atom wrote:So the sudden reappearance of all the furniture was never explained, and on top of that, Murray can afford to rent a recording studio and stage a benefit too? I know money-related situations on TV are rarely realistic, but four episodes ago a $2.79 cup broke the bank.

Your insistence on internal narrative logic is bringing me dowwwwwn, man. :wink: The Conchords are like Kiwi Wile E. Coyotes, subject only to cartoon physics. They may plunge head-first off a towering cliff, but they just pop right back up again, ready for their next adventure. You want gritty realism, then I recommend The Wire. Or Bambi.

You go Turnip!! I especially like your last explaination. I, myself, have no issues with the continuity of this show. Most shows would bug the crap out of me but I tend to take one show at a time here. Since they never reference any kind of time line, I don't expect them to explain anything. Also- less headaches this way too. :whistle:

ASmallTurnip wrote:
Bad Atom wrote:And while I see the ladies here are going nuts over the short shorts and other assorted :thud: things, all I could say was "Seriously, those guys are really white."

Yeah. **Smiles dreamily.** Pale knobbly knees are TEH SEX. Honestly, I'm such a Victorian: one flash of a white ankle and I come over all faint.

They are white musicians from New Zealand living in New York City. What the heck to you expect?! :roll: :doh:
Why don't you accept me as your God!?
User avatar
tvldiva
Feeling much better now...
 
Posts: 1015
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2006 4:57 pm
Location: Austin, Texas

Re: HBO Flight of the Conchords Show - Season Two - Ep 6

Postby The Talking Stove » Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:05 pm

So is anyone here pro-AIDS? I'm anti.

Also, I'd like some of Bret's delicious vaccine. That sounds quite homo erotic :shock:
Have you ever been told that you look like a llama?
User avatar
The Talking Stove
Giving the paper to the people
 
Posts: 62
Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:10 pm
Location: UK

Re: HBO Flight of the Conchords Show - Season Two - Ep 6

Postby mrquint » Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:16 am

Epileptic Dog, the remix, was one the best FOTC moments ever.
User avatar
mrquint
New arrival
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2007 2:37 am
Location: The street where the Sally isn't in the top 3

Re: HBO Flight of the Conchords Show - Season Two - Ep 6

Postby chileanconchord » Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:50 am

hey last episode was awesome, only one complain: i don't think that actress who played "brahbrah" was hot enough to portray a girl that two guys fall in love with her inmediately.... I mean the girl who played Sally in last season for example was absolutely cute and hot, and even Keitha was ok.

But for some reason i didn't buy "BrahBrah"'s character that much....
User avatar
chileanconchord
New arrival
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:54 am
Location: Santiago, Chile

Re: HBO Flight of the Conchords Show - Season Two - Ep 6

Postby ASmallTurnip » Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:06 am

chileanconchord wrote:hey last episode was awesome, only one complain: i don't think that actress who played "brahbrah" was hot enough to portray a girl that two guys fall in love with her inmediately.... I mean the girl who played Sally in last season for example was absolutely cute and hot, and even Keitha was ok.

But for some reason i didn't buy "BrahBrah"'s character that much....


Oh hellllllllllllll no. You did not just bodysnark on What The Folk. That ain't right.


The Talking Stove wrote:Also, I'd like some of Bret's delicious vaccine. That sounds quite homo erotic :shock:

Image


It's got TOFFEE in it! And I too would very much like to be injected with Dr. McKenzie's [REDACTED].

Seriously, how great are their faces here? I'M DYING.

.:: She's got two jobs. She's a pastry chef and a sniper ::.
User avatar
ASmallTurnip
-- MASTER CRIMINAL -- Root Vegetable Violence a Specialty
 
Posts: 736
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:21 pm
Location: London, England

Re: HBO Flight of the Conchords Show - Season Two - Ep 6

Postby Val2150 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:19 am

:roll2: Turnip, you slay me. I LOVE Jemaine's "disgusted" faces.

But back to the vaccine: Bret can play doctor with me anytime. :waggle:

Oops, did I just say that out loud? :halo:
"You do not choose sexy. Sexy chooses you." -mohumbai mania
User avatar
Val2150
Stop touching the monkeys
 
Posts: 878
Joined: Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:32 pm
Location: Planet Jemaine

Re: HBO Flight of the Conchords Show - Season Two - Ep 6

Postby chileanconchord » Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:45 am

ASmallTurnip wrote:
chileanconchord wrote:hey last episode was awesome, only one complain: i don't think that actress who played "brahbrah" was hot enough to portray a girl that two guys fall in love with her inmediately.... I mean the girl who played Sally in last season for example was absolutely cute and hot, and even Keitha was ok.

But for some reason i didn't buy "BrahBrah"'s character that much....


Oh hellllllllllllll no. You did not just bodysnark on What The Folk. That ain't right.


huh??? sorry, i didn't get one word of what you just said :S .... mmm "bodysnark"??? what's that??
User avatar
chileanconchord
New arrival
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:54 am
Location: Santiago, Chile

Re: HBO Flight of the Conchords Show - Season Two - Ep 6

Postby onlyalways » Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:06 am

chileanconchord wrote:
ASmallTurnip wrote:
Oh hellllllllllllll no. You did not just bodysnark on What The Folk. That ain't right.


huh??? sorry, i didn't get one word of what you just said :S .... mmm "bodysnark"??? what's that??


It's when you criticize another woman's features/body.

I really like Kristen Wiig (Brahbrah) and find her adorable. I may go write her a song now so she doesn't feel so body conscience. :wink:
onlyalways
Keeping it funky
 
Posts: 96
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:33 am

Re: HBO Flight of the Conchords Show - Season Two - Ep 6

Postby ASmallTurnip » Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:09 am

chileanconchord wrote:huh??? sorry, i didn't get one word of what you just said :S .... mmm "bodysnark"??? what's that??

Bodysnarking is the practice of publicly making unkind remarks about a person's physical appearance. Both men and women are victims of it, but generally speaking, women tend to get bodysnarked to a much greater degree than men. It is usually used to establish a woman's worth by how attractive she is to men, and it's a toxic habit that is fed and cherished by misogynists like Perez Hilton and his ilk everywhere. Most importantly, it corrodes the soul of everyone who writes it or reads it.

Most of us do it at some point, but it's a really worthwhile goal to attempt to do it less. And I don't think it has any place whatsoever on a gorgeously lovely and wonderfully human website like What The Folk.

.:: She's got two jobs. She's a pastry chef and a sniper ::.
User avatar
ASmallTurnip
-- MASTER CRIMINAL -- Root Vegetable Violence a Specialty
 
Posts: 736
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:21 pm
Location: London, England

Re: HBO Flight of the Conchords Show - Season Two - Ep 6

Postby chileanconchord » Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:31 am

lol, well now i get it!!, sorry!!, i didn't mean to do that....

i was just trying to say that i didn't "believe" that character that much, maybe it was just her acting or something else, i dunno.
User avatar
chileanconchord
New arrival
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:54 am
Location: Santiago, Chile

PreviousNext

Return to HBO TV series

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest