What the Folk!

Flight of the Conchords. Yeah those guys. Feel free to discuss them here! Garfunkling!
It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:14 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Bad Atom
 Post subject: Re: HBO Flight of the Conchords Show - Season Two - Ep 6
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:11 am 
The "Play Whatever You Want!" Guy

tvldiva wrote:
Your insistence on internal narrative logic is bringing me dowwwwwn, man. :wink: The Conchords are like Kiwi Wile E. Coyotes, subject only to cartoon physics. They may plunge head-first off a towering cliff, but they just pop right back up again, ready for their next adventure. You want gritty realism, then I recommend The Wire. Or Bambi.

If that was true, then Dave should have been holding out a giant UH-OH sign before he fell out of the window a few weeks ago. :) But this season has been pretty good, continuity-wise. The furniture thing was just something that stuck out to me. Maybe the real reason the guys wore those shorts was to distract everyone from any plot holes. Foolish New Zealanders! Your tricks don't work on me... I'm a guy!

poptartgirl
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:12 am 
David Bowie's nipple antennae

I'm guessing that they replaced their furniture and household goods from Mohumbai and Son :P :lol: .

"all I wanted to say is "May I rock you ?"

Last edited by poptartgirl on Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tvldiva
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:46 am 
Feeling much better now...

Bad Atom wrote:
tvldiva wrote:
Your insistence on internal narrative logic is bringing me dowwwwwn, man. :wink: The Conchords are like Kiwi Wile E. Coyotes, subject only to cartoon physics. They may plunge head-first off a towering cliff, but they just pop right back up again, ready for their next adventure. You want gritty realism, then I recommend The Wire. Or Bambi.

If that was true, then Dave should have been holding out a giant UH-OH sign before he fell out of the window a few weeks ago. :) But this season has been pretty good, continuity-wise. The furniture thing was just something that stuck out to me. Maybe the real reason the guys wore those shorts was to distract everyone from any plot holes. Foolish New Zealanders! Your tricks don't work on me... I'm a guy!

Really, because your a "guy", you can't get fooled into a state of disbelief for entertainment purposes. REALLY???
You do realize this is just a TV show- right?!

Great H
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:23 am 
Stop touching the monkeys

poptartgirl wrote:
I'm guessing that they replaced their furniture and household goods from Mohumbai and Sons .
What you want - they've got it!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ASmallTurnip
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:25 am 
-- MASTER CRIMINAL -- Root Vegetable Violence a Specialty

Bad Atom wrote:

Hey, hey! Atom's got sass! I LIKE it! :D I love the idea of Dave holding that sign as he falls out the window, or maybe peddling the air for a moment before he looks down and plummets to earth. And Murray's such an Elmer Fudd, isn't he? One day he'll get his wabbit! Jemaine reminds me a little of Pepe Le Pew, with his gorgeously misguided l'amour pour les dames, but I'm stumped on Bret.

BUT! I heard a reading of Winnie-the-Pooh last weekend, the bit where Pooh-bear and Piglet go hunting for woozles, and I was irresistibly reminded of Bret when Piglet started getting all worried. Like this bit, from New Cup:

Jemaine: And also, I think you're going to have to go the whole way, you can't just hug them.

Bret: Well, just hugs until I get more confident.

:rolls:

And I know, I know, Piglet's not exactly a cartoon character. But it sort of fits, in my mind, at least. I'm probably crazy, I grant you that. But I love trying to figure these things out. And Atom, have faith! The logical explanation for the re-appearance of their furniture may be forthcoming. You just don't know what the next few episodes will reveal! Maybe Murray's Nigerian ship has come in! :D

.:: She's got two jobs. She's a pastry chef and a sniper ::.

Bad Atom
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:09 am 

tvldiva wrote:
Bad Atom wrote:
tvldiva wrote:

Really, because your a "guy", you can't get fooled into a state of disbelief for entertainment purposes. REALLY???
You do realize this is just a TV show- right?!

:hrm: I think you missed the joke there. Let's say in next week's episode, the guys are suddenly living in a nudist colony with no explanation. The first 20 posts of the episode thread would be nothing but huge high-res pictures and OHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGOD, followed my little post asking "When did they move?" Men and women, paying attention to totally different things...

I have no trouble suspending disbelief. I'm also aware that the show lives in sort of a "heightened reality" where people burst into musical numbers with little provocation. I just think the furniture thing was a minor annoyance, and it could have been fixed with a few lines.

Also, Bret reminds me a little of Sylvester...

Great H
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:53 am 
Stop touching the monkeys

Well I have been pretty much silent on most of the episodes so far (not because I have nothing to say but rather because I have TOO MUCH to say - so much goodness I'd be typing all night!!) but I just had to pop in to say that Jemaine absolutely cracked me up this episode, and Bret was cute as all heck. LOVED when Bret crashed into the garbage cans when he was wearing Jemaine's glasses, LOVED that Bret didn't say epileptic right even once the whole episode, and that Jemaine also screwed up and said 'prophylactic dogs' during his date, and ABSOLUTELY LOVED when Jemaine accidentally told the hat stand he was still waiting for his drinks! Man I laughed like mad at that! Oh and of course the (p)epileptic dog song remix... :rolls:
Oh, and my thoughts on the shorts? :macarena: Especially Bret's shiny green ones...:thud:

SheWolf
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:11 pm 
Boom King!

No comment. *but looks at Jemaine's butt* (tee hee, I'm so mature)

REMIX!!

SheWolf
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:13 pm 
Boom King!

Bad Atom wrote:
Also, Bret reminds me a little of Sylvester...

Haha, totally.

tvldiva
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:05 pm 
Feeling much better now...

Bad Atom wrote:
:hrm: I think you missed the joke there.

right back at c'a. It was just a joke.

chileanconchord
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:46 pm 
New arrival

now you're all "bodysnarking" the boys xD

Sherry
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:58 pm 
Professional Blonde

chileanconchord wrote:
now you're all "bodysnarking" the boys xD

I'd say the ladies here were a bit busy objectifying the 'objects' of their affection :roll2: *eyes Shewolf* :waggle:

*clears path for the ladies to the lust buckets and prepares for copious amounts of drool*

:sofa:

:roll2:

Sherry
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:02 pm 
Professional Blonde

I really need to put my thoughts on the season so far onto paper sometime soon. I keep starting then get distracted. What I really need is a chunk of time to ponder things in my mind.

I may wait till the season is aired totally before posting anything of note now though.

chileanconchord
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:50 pm 
New arrival

ooh poor litle giril!! you should take a rest! :)

Bad Atom
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:15 am 

Just watched it with my dad and little brother today. Brahbrah didn't bother me as much on second (okay, third) viewing. I love watching the show with my dad because he tells it like it is:

(on Murray) "The manager is such an idiot."
(on Mel) "She's so f---ing weird."
(on Brahbrah) "What's her deal?"

And you've all taught me a new term - "bodysnarking". I was going to comment on how they sort of "de-glammed" Kristen Wiig for this role, and now I'm glad I didn't. :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next