It is currently Sat Nov 01, 2014 1:36 pm

Greg Proops' Interview

Friends of the Conchords and those who've worked with them over the years... it all goes here. Rhys Darby, Taika Waititi, Arj Barker, Nigel Collins et al

Moderator: Venus

Greg Proops' Interview

Postby slut_angel22@yahoo » Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:52 pm

I notice you’ve done some work on HBO’s “Flight of the Conchords.” What was that like?

Well, I was on the premier episode, the one that played (Jan. 18) and we shot it a couple of months ago in Brooklyn.
I’ve known them for 10 years, I’ve worked with them in England and New Zealand and Scotland. They’re bigger here now, I think, than they ever were before because of the power of the HBO show. I would dare say they are probably one of the hottest four or five acts in the country. And I really love them, I think they are very women-friendly, too. I think that makes a big difference.

Read the whole article--->http://www.pjstar.com/entertainment/x1851003890/Greg-Proops-International-man-of-comedy
Bret: Have been sheared.
Jemaine: Have been shorn.
slut_angel22@yahoo
Stop touching the monkeys

Re: Greg Proops' Interview

Postby dangerous person » Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:53 pm

women friendly, that's one way to put it :wink:
"We're a novelty music act, we're not a freak show"
dangerous person
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby SheWolf » Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:08 pm

That's interesting and I never really thought about it before but I guess what that means is that they aren't threatening and they are willing to appear vulnerable and goofy and innocent. There's nothing sexier than men who are comfortable with themselves enough to not feed into typical machismo.
90% evil
ImageImage
SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby slut_angel22@yahoo » Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:27 pm

It's probably why we have gone so crazy for them even apart from their comedy. There are other comedians that I like and alot of other celebrities...but I've never had the urge to find out anything about them other than seeing their shows or movies.

FOTC makes you want to get to know them - to wish you were a part of their daily life. If you did know them in your everyday life, they would definitely be friends you would hang around with and probably date at some point. Bret and Jemaine....they are a different type of people, a very likeable and loveable type.
Bret: Have been sheared.
Jemaine: Have been shorn.
slut_angel22@yahoo
Stop touching the monkeys

Postby SheWolf » Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:56 pm

slut_angel22@yahoo wrote:It's probably why we have gone so crazy for them even apart from their comedy. There are other comedians that I like and alot of other celebrities...but I've never had the urge to find out anything about them other than seeing their shows or movies.
I'm not really familiar with other comediennes, I've just never gotten into that kind of thing like watching stand up etc so FOTC are the exception, but then they do something unique and exceptional so I guess that makes sense. As I've said before I watched pretty much the entire series before ever taking note of Bret or Jemaine in "that way" so I think my attraction to them first was for their talent and humor and that led to me finding them (particularly one of them) attractive in other ways. :waggle:
90% evil
ImageImage
SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby mohumbhai mania » Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:49 am

I think Proops is very perceptive. When you think about it, they can be quite frank about the needs of their loins. But there's a gentleness and a willingness "to take the piss" out of themselves that's disarming. And pretty sixy.
Too much time on too many hands - too many ladies, not enough mans

I am bike-cheese!
mohumbhai mania
Can Attack!

Postby Emafer » Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:58 pm

This was interesting to read. I used to hang out with Proops a little bit back in the day. I used to do a little bit of Stand-up comedy as a teenager and used to frequent this Monday night comedy thing that went on in Hollywood for a lot of years. He was pretty funny. And we used to allegedly partake in allegedly illegal activities in the alleged parking lot behind the club...allegedly.
~Medium Em~
Emafer
---

Postby SheWolf » Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:30 pm

interesting....
90% evil
ImageImage
SheWolf
Boom King!

Return to Conchords Cohorts