It is currently Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:05 am

HBO Flight of the Conchords Show - Season Two - Ep 6

The place for all Conchords HBO convo

Moderator: Venus

Re: HBO Flight of the Conchords Show - Season Two - Ep 6

Postby Nancy » Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:44 am

poptartgirl wrote:I'm guessing that they replaced their furniture and household goods from Mohumbai and Son :P :lol: .

I think Poptartgirl may have hit it - either that, or that's where the guys found all their furniture, pawned by Keitha and her gang. :puzzled:
Either way, I think Zap's got a point - the show is layered with so many infinitesmal jokes that may take several viewings to find, so observing that something so glaring as stolen furniture was back in place is certainly valid. I found it surprising, then I figured because of episodic sequence decisions, they let it go.
It doesn't have to be about shorts, Zap!!!(Though it's definitely a hot topic this week! :D ) Please discuss the episode and things you've observed, because so many different pairs of eyes can give us a wonderful take on each show. That's what I enjoy, anyway. And we don't always agree, it's true, but that's what makes the world go round, and I love you all anyway!!!
:partyman: :bighug: :goodman:
My favorite thing to do during the first viewing of an episode is look at the NZ posters in Murray's office, since they usually change at least once per episode, and they're always clever.
In this episode I loved the bit when Brahbrah gave her phone number to the guys. :roll2:
One of my favorite lines was Murray at the end: "No dueling!" :fence: (I always wanted to use that emoticon! :angelic: )
Oh, fish-like Lady
Lady-like Fish
I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady
No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit
La-dy-ish! Yeah!
Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Val2150 » Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:53 am

I loved when Murray called them "my lads" at the end - it's so cute when he acts like their dad. :D
"You do not choose sexy. Sexy chooses you." -mohumbai mania
Val2150
Stop touching the monkeys

Postby kellysouthpaw » Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:35 am

Val2150 wrote:I loved when Murray called them "my lads" at the end - it's so cute when he acts like their dad. :D

Agreed! It's always so great to see him go between manager/dad/friend figure!

I laughed so hard at the "remix"! It took me a second to realize what this would do to the dogs, but once I got it oh man I screamed with hysterics! I also loved Bret dressed as Jemaine - he looked viry sixy, IMO! And the duel...oh man, my stomach hurt I laughed so hard. And the way they slowed down the play when Jemaine hit Bret with the glove. I wasn't really impressed with the "Love Is A Weapon of Choice" - I much prefer the Love a Sexy Lady and the Epileptic Dogs song (pre-remix)
kellysouthpaw
She's like Switzerland

Postby Spumony5000 » Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:55 am

SheWolf wrote:No comment. *but looks at Jemaine's butt* (tee hee, I'm so mature)

:prayer: Jemaine has some junk in his trunk. :love: :yay:
Do you want to borrow my jumper Bowie?

Spumony5000

Postby Bad Atom » Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:32 am

Nancy Hillner wrote:One of my favorite lines was Murray at the end: "No dueling!" :fence: (I always wanted to use that emoticon! :angelic: )

You know the first time I watched it, I thought he was saying "No jeweling!" and I was like, "What's jeweling?" :doh:
Bad Atom
The "Play Whatever You Want!" Guy

Postby dandy lyons » Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:57 am

Bad Atom wrote:
Nancy Hillner wrote:One of my favorite lines was Murray at the end: "No dueling!" :fence: (I always wanted to use that emoticon! :angelic: )

You know the first time I watched it, I thought he was saying "No jeweling!" and I was like, "What's jeweling?" :doh:

:lol: They also pronounce "tune" as "chune".

Oh, those Kiwis... ;)
Gar·funk·ling (verb) Funky cuddling with the candles twinkling.
dandy lyons
Consistently Mediocre

Postby Emafer » Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:26 am

Ok, I can't stop watching the Youtube clip of the Epileptic Dogs song. It's funnier every time I listen. It's sooo freaking genius.
~Medium Em~
Emafer
---

Postby yvettiefred » Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:12 pm

try saying "help epileptic dogs" 10 times fast, hahaha. i think that's what it said on a banner at the benefit. i could sort of do it, but my husband didn't have a chance of saying that phrase that fast.
yvettiefred
Giving the paper to the people

Postby Nancy » Sat Feb 28, 2009 6:57 am

Bad Atom wrote:

:roll2:

I highly recommend closed captioning to catch all that stuff. :thumb:

I loved the camera cut to Brahbrah during the Epileptic Dog song, looking so intensely involved! :rolls:
Oh, fish-like Lady
Lady-like Fish
I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady
No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit
La-dy-ish! Yeah!
Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby sb1 » Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:50 pm

I really enjoyed this episode. So far I have loved this whole season, even more than the 1st season. The songs are great, especially the one about meeting the sexy lady in the park. I noticed a lot of their new songs have an electronic/hip hop style which is different from their older stuff. Does anyone know if they are producing the new songs or if someone else is producing them?
sb1
New arrival

Postby kellysouthpaw » Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:34 pm

I would guess that they are producing their own songs - but don't quote me on that.
kellysouthpaw
She's like Switzerland

Postby VaiVedrai » Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:47 am

Wow...this episode was great. (An overstatement? Yes. True? Also yes.) The "Sexy Lady" song with Eugene as the DJ, seeing Bret and Jemaine dressing up as one another (Jemaine's talking to the coat rack was hilarious, and Bret in glasses... :thud: ), Mel's re-emergence in this episode as the crazed fangirl, and of course, the REMIX! of the epileptic dogs' song. And the punch line at the end of the episode was a nice touch.
Bret: So, Brahbrah, um...how long has Charlie been gone?
Brahbrah: Six years... (calling out) Charlie?
If you don't know the answer, change the question.
VaiVedrai
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby tvldiva » Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:44 am

Just re-watched it earlier today and realized I missed Eugene in it. :worry: Of course, I must have just been blinking...
I sure hope they didn't wear him out on that day... :roll:
Why don't you accept me as your God!?
tvldiva
Feeling much better now...

Postby Sherry » Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:56 am

It may be a simple explanation re the furniture as that the episodes are being shown out of order. This happened last season if you remember. Murray had an old computer, then a new one, then an old one again. And reference was made to when he got a new one iirc. So when in another episode he had an old one again, it was a bit jarring. It was known that the episodes were out of sequence.

It might be worth asking JB about the furniture ;)

But glad to see people have agreed to disagree and are moving on. Be nice to leave the bodysnarking and a few other things behind. I was all ready to have to wade in and :stick: some of you having read back the past few pages but think that it seems to be resolved now and I don't have to. I hadn't checked this thread for a few days and tbh reading the past few pages was beginning to think some people needed to move to PM rather than continue discussing some things here. But all good now I hope? :popcorn: Good, lets keep it that way :whip:

SheWolf. Thank you for your restraint :lol: Appreciated :purple:

Re the production. Last season they recorded the songs for the show and did all that themselves. They then re recorded them for the album as they had not been totally happy with the versions used in the TV show. This season I am guessing they have maybe done things a little differently but would imagine they do things themselves pretty much still.
Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Spumony5000 » Sun Mar 01, 2009 5:41 pm

I always wondered about that. I wasn't sure if they did that on purpose with the computer or it was just a mistake or what. I thought maybe it was some kind of inside joke I didn't get. :doh:
Do you want to borrow my jumper Bowie?

Spumony5000

PreviousNext

Return to HBO TV series