It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:43 am

Flight of the Conchords: On Air Documentary

Conchords news, chit chat, waffle and conversation. Also convo about Bret and Jemaine in Conchords mode

Moderator: Venus

Re: Flight of the Conchords: On Air Documentary

Postby kellysouthpaw » Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:07 pm

Turnip - all I can say is that I love you :) Reading your posts always crack me up and leave me happy!

I completely agree with you though about being grateful about the guys - they work so hard for us. They don't stop until they think we will enjoy it the most. It's really sweet...kinda makes me tear up a bit.

And my heart just BROKE when I saw Jemaine sleeping sitting up. Poor bloke needs some sleep! I wanted to just hug him and let him sleep on my bosoms
kellysouthpaw
She's like Switzerland

Postby prettyrobyngirl » Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:22 pm

So good to see the whole thing! Thanks so much Dandy for posting it. Like I said in another thread, you are a rock star!

I felt so sorry for the too! They had way more footage of them being exhausted in this version. When they were talking about how sick Jemaine got, and that he actually said he would rather be sick in bed with pneumonia for a month than be on set.... "if you have pneumonia, you got off easy". I have had it, twice. It is honestly one of the worst illnesses to have and takes forever to get over... no wonder the boys don't want to do another season.

I too am very, VERY thankful we got two seasons out of them. And after watching this, I think we should all be grateful for even having a second!
Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination.
prettyrobyngirl
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby kellysouthpaw » Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:27 pm

Oh yeah the whole pneumonia thing was so sad! When James said in some of the scenes you can actually hear Jemaine gasping for breath because he couldn't breath...how sad! And then for him to say that he would've rather had pneumonia, I felt really...guilty LOL
kellysouthpaw
She's like Switzerland

Postby Spumony5000 » Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:28 am

Thank you so much for the link. Anyone know why they cut so much out for HBO? I hope they include the extended version on the dvd.
Do you want to borrow my jumper Bowie?

Spumony5000
Stop touching the monkeys

Postby Sherry » Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:53 am

Spumony5000 wrote:Thank you so much for the link. Anyone know why they cut so much out for HBO? I hope they include the extended version on the dvd.

I think it was cut to a) fit in with half hour programming and also to save some back for their home country to see first. At least I like to think the latter was a reason :lol: I like to think NZ gets something Conchords wise before anyone else.

And I am told its going on the DVD. But cannot defo confirm as yet. I'd imagine they would go the full one to make it more appealing.
Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby ASmallTurnip » Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:40 pm

kellysouthpaw wrote:Turnip - all I can say is that I love you :) Reading your posts always crack me up and leave me happy!

I completely agree with you though about being grateful about the guys - they work so hard for us. They don't stop until they think we will enjoy it the most. It's really sweet...kinda makes me tear up a bit.

And my heart just BROKE when I saw Jemaine sleeping sitting up. Poor bloke needs some sleep! I wanted to just hug him and let him sleep on my bosoms

Aww, aren't you lovely? Kelly, you've made me go all pink! And the sentiment is entirely mutual, my friend. :hug:

And I really hope the filming of the second series wasn't quite as harrowing for our sweet boys. I'm sure it was no picnic, but hopefully it didn't make them want to, you know, die a horrible hacking death.

.:: She's got two jobs. She's a pastry chef and a sniper ::.
ASmallTurnip
-- MASTER CRIMINAL -- Root Vegetable Violence a Specialty

Postby trefusis » Sat Mar 14, 2009 8:32 pm

kellysouthpaw wrote:Oh yeah the whole pneumonia thing was so sad! When James said in some of the scenes you can actually hear Jemaine gasping for breath because he couldn't breath...how sad! And then for him to say that he would've rather had pneumonia, I felt really...guilty LOL

That is genuinely upsetting :( My guy had pneumonia as a teenager and was in hospital for ages.

On a lighter note, I have just been cracking up because my daughter is playing "Barbie Girl" in the next room and the guys on Spumony's sig were bopping away in perfect time :cheer: :cheer:
That's the conclusion that I've come to, but...
trefusis

Postby Venus » Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:09 pm

dandy lyons wrote:You can watch the extended version here:

http://www.megavideo.com/?v=TX4CSQDF

There's a few extra bits of behind the scenes and read through/sing through of the scripts... more sleeping Jemaine (lol!) And I love that Hannah calls Demetri "D-Dawg"! ;)

Thank you so much dandy lyons for posting this! :prayer: Haha I like the way she said D-Dawg to Demetri too!

Poor Jemaine, suffering from pneumonia during filming doesn't sound fun at all! They worked hard, I'm even more grateful for their efforts.

On a lighter note, Jemaine looks so cute sleeping! Good to see he's a fan of sleeping like me ;)

It's great watching behind the scenes footage. I hope there's more on the DVD :)
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter
Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Postby mockingbird » Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:16 am

ASmallTurnip wrote:I nearly wet myself when Bret did his "Zoom! Zoom! Coupla cars for ya." impression of Rhys' stand-up act. It was just PERFECT!

That cracked me up, too. :lol: It was nice how Jemaine tried to soften it by saying Rhys does it better than they can. :)

I also liked the part where they were doing a radio interview, and the guy says, "Oh, so you started out as a comedy act?" and Bret is like, "Ye-Yeah," kind of uncertainly, like, "You know we are *still* a comedy act?" :lol:
mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

Postby indigo_jones » Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:31 am

I finally watched it yesterday and enjoyed it, but the delay between the video and audio was awful, no matter what I did, so I ended up listening to it more than watching it toward the end. I really do hope this ends up on the DVD in full so I can enjoy it properly some day! I did love Jemaine mentioning Rhys' dinosaur, though. His T-rex is hilarious!
"It was a hilarious, hilarious moment in a very bleak, bleak time of my life."

Happiness is Bret-Shaped.

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania
indigo_jones
That's Mrs. Indigo Jones-McKenzie to you

Postby kellysouthpaw » Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:40 pm

I also like Rhys' "I gave them 5 voices to choose from" bit

:roll2:

"They chose number 3, which...is my normal voice..."
kellysouthpaw
She's like Switzerland

Postby SheWolf » Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:35 pm

kellysouthpaw wrote:When James said in some of the scenes you can actually hear Jemaine gasping for breath because he couldn't breath...how sad!
I remember noticing this, particularly in Mugged & Bret Gives Up the Dream, before I ever read about Jem being sick. He didn't sound sick or stuffed up but he did that gasping & gulping thing that only sick people do.
Last edited by SheWolf on Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
90% evil
ImageImage
SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:37 pm

indigo_jones wrote:I finally watched it yesterday and enjoyed it, but the delay between the video and audio was awful, no matter what I did, so I ended up listening to it more than watching it toward the end.
Hmmm... I wonder if this is why I my burning program took 3 hours to encode the audio & the disc wound up being burnt without audio anyway.
90% evil
ImageImage
SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby Carol » Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:23 pm

I've tried using this link

but get nowhere. Could somebody fill me in on the finer points that I'm clueless on? I've seen the HBO version but would like to see the longer one. Is this something I would have to download or is it like a youtube type deal?
Carol

Postby dandy lyons » Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:41 pm

Carol wrote:I've tried using this link

but get nowhere. Could somebody fill me in on the finer points that I'm clueless on? I've seen the HBO version but would like to see the longer one. Is this something I would have to download or is it like a youtube type deal?

You have to wait until the large red "play" button turns green (you can click on the red one and then a pop up ad will appear - cancel the window and the play button should be green.) It's annoying, but it'll work eventually.
Gar·funk·ling (verb) Funky cuddling with the candles twinkling.
dandy lyons
Consistently Mediocre

PreviousNext

Return to Flight of The Conchords