It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:44 pm

The new album

Erm, music, lyrics and tabs. Asking about Conchords music, lyrics or tabs please post here.

Moderator: Nancy

The new album

Postby 5 to 1? Brodeo. » Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:15 pm

I read that the Flight of the Conchords' upcoming studio album will be released shortly after the end of the second season of their HBO series and will feature around 15 tracks, including the 10 songs they digitally released on iTunes to promote the show.

Those ten songs were:

"Angels"
"Sugalumps"
"Hurt Feelings"
"Friends"
"Carol Brown"
"We're Both In Love With A Sexy Lady"
"Demon Woman"
"Fashion Is Danger"
"I Told You I Was Freekie"
"Petrov, Yelyena & Me"

As of today the title of new album is unknown, and a tracklist has not yet been released. However, the one request I have for the guys is to include "Too Many Dicks On The Dancefloor" on the new release. Also, do not change a thing about the song. The version used in S2E5 of the HBO series was perfect, the hilarious lyrics and beat made it an instant favorite. I just ask for the high quality studio recording of it to be featured on the new album. "You Don't Have To Be A Prostitute" would be a nice addition aswell.

Does anyone have any new info regarding the upcoming studio album? I cannot wait to buy a copy.

We need "Too Many Dicks On The Dancefloor"!!!
5 to 1? Brodeo.
New arrival

Re: The new album

Postby Austin » Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:57 am

I don't know if it's because I haven't heard live versions of most of these songs, I think this will be my favorite studio album to date.

*Starts chant*

WE NEED DICKS! WE NEED DICKS! WE NEED DICKS!
They call it a fly because it takes you up to Heaven

I lurk left.... a lot.
Austin
Giving the paper to the people

Postby LauraK » Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:16 pm

Brodeo wrote:We need "Too Many Dicks On The Dancefloor"!!!

Hear, hear! :clap:

Petrov, Yelyena, and Me is my least fave...
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image
LauraK
Boom King!

Postby Sherry » Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:18 pm

Album title is I Told You I Was Freaky

And there is a release date, April 22 for some reason is in my head. I forget exactly when it is. But it has been set for release.

There is a thread in the main Conchords section about the upcoming album. Might want to have a look there. Am sure someone posted the release date there recently. I really can't remember the exact date right now. But I do know it.
Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Carol » Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:12 am

Even though it was sung by Rhys, I loved the song "Rejected".

If I had the choice between "Too Many Dicks" and "You Don't Have to Be a Prostitute", I'd choose for the latter. Maybe replace "Petrov, Yelena and Me" with one or both of them since P,Y and Me is already on an album. Just a thought. :wink:
Carol
Registered Rhymnecologist

Re: HBO Flight of the Conchords Show - Season Two- Ep 10

Postby jamesthecat » Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:48 pm

so this album theyre doing? is it going to be any new songs or just the tv show ones spruced. because it kind of feels like a meh to the fans with the itunes thing if it is. i also feel with the first proper album (the 2008 one on subpop) that the songs could have been longer, theyre good songs! not just funny! but oh deloydeloy. bus drivers song could be recorded better for the album. maybe jenny. sellotape. if your into it and some of the newies... oh i duno, i dont think we need a 3rd series? but id be a liar if i said i didnt reeeeally reeeally want one...
jamesthecat
New arrival

Postby Carol Brown » Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:22 am

I insist they put an extended version of I Love Dogs With Epilepsy as a bonus track... : P
Would you like a little cereal ?
Carol Brown

Postby yvettiefred » Sat Apr 04, 2009 3:20 pm

Sherry wrote:Album title is I Told You I Was Freaky

And there is a release date, April 22 for some reason is in my head. I forget exactly when it is. But it has been set for release.

There is a thread in the main Conchords section about the upcoming album. Might want to have a look there. Am sure someone posted the release date there recently. I really can't remember the exact date right now. But I do know it.

Last year on April 22 they released their first album :) I know cause its my bday and i had pre ordered it. This year its April 15 i believe. Will the album name be spelled "freaky" or "freekie"?? If they spell the name of the song and the name of the album differently it will bug me to no end heh.
yvettiefred

Postby Sherry » Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:04 pm

I doubt they will spell it differently. I'm just one of those people never bothered to make the spelling wrong.
Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby nonchalant obsession » Sun May 24, 2009 6:23 pm

I must have "Bret's Day"... I'll die without it. Do we know anything new?
Image..Image..Image
nonchalant obsession
WTF!'s Biggest Blasphemer. Apparently.

Postby Baguette » Mon May 25, 2009 12:01 pm

I too would love Bret's Day but I'm worried it might not fit with the rest of the album. :hrm:
You're so beautiful...
Baguette

Postby nonchalant obsession » Mon May 25, 2009 12:17 pm

When they sang it in Chicago, it was wonderful! Yes, Bret needed to look at the lyrics a bit, and yes the pages fell to the floor, but even though they hadn't rehearsed it much it was beautiful! Bret's sweet voice is perfect. I know Jemaine doesn't sing in this one but his "comments" throughout the song are hilarius. The lyrics are a riot. Fotc gold.

'Course I love Billy Joel, but Piano Man doesn't crack me up quite like Bret's Day.

My hopes for the extra five songs...

Bret's Day
Too many Dicks
You don't have to be a Prostitute
'Pepileptic Dogs
Ballad of Stana
:pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:
Image..Image..Image
nonchalant obsession
WTF!'s Biggest Blasphemer. Apparently.

Postby LauraK » Mon May 25, 2009 6:03 pm

I think all you've listed will be there, with Bret's Day as the only iffy choice.....I just can't wait for it! :D
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image
LauraK
Boom King!

Postby Piles » Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:56 am

New CD out in October, more info here -

http://libel.co.nz/news_items/168
Piles
New arrival

Return to Music, lyrics and tabs