It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:51 am

All FotC media?!

Erm, music, lyrics and tabs. Asking about Conchords music, lyrics or tabs please post here.

Moderator: Nancy

All FotC media?!

Postby kim » Sun Nov 27, 2005 5:27 am

Hey all, I have found many Flight of the Conchords MP3's, movies and other assorted media around the place. I just thought it would be nice if we could host it all in one big place (legally of course) so that everyone can easily access these kewl tunes!

I have several songs collected from various sources and enough B/W, I'm just wondering if its worth it or not?

Thanks in advance, Kim.
kim
New arrival

Re: All FotC media?!

Postby Sherry » Sun Nov 27, 2005 10:52 am

kim wrote:Hey all, I have found many Flight of the Conchords MP3's, movies and other assorted media around the place. I just thought it would be nice if we could host it all in one big place (legally of course) so that everyone can easily access these kewl tunes!

I have several songs collected from various sources and enough B/W, I'm just wondering if its worth it or not?

Thanks in advance, Kim.

Hi Kim

From my side of things I've got my bandwidth sorted and shall be hosting all my mp3's and clips again soon fwiw. Along with the new look site. For me personally, as the site owner, I'd rather host what I have of my own collection here and let others do their own thing :) I don't mean this badly, but I've been doing what I do for a while now, and trying to organise things with other sites/locations just gets headachey and is not much fun for me. I had some help with some temp hosting for a while (thanks Russ) and that was cool, but I'd rather just host stuff myself for the site. And chances are, most everything out there I have already. And more 8)

What anyone else wants to do is up to them. I don't wish to get involved in organising/hosting stuff anywhere else. What The Folk! should be ok to host all its MP3's and clips again when the new look site goes live.

Cheers
Sherry
Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby kim » Sun Nov 27, 2005 2:53 pm

Yes, I understand what you are saying, but surely if there is a constant hosting of all FotC media then there will be less people saying "can u send me jesushchrist.mp3?" etc?

I dunno?

I hope the new site goes well, Kim.
kim
New arrival

Postby Sherry » Sun Nov 27, 2005 4:32 pm

kim wrote:Yes, I understand what you are saying, but surely if there is a constant hosting of all FotC media then there will be less people saying "can u send me jesushchrist.mp3?" etc?

I dunno?

I hope the new site goes well, Kim.

I don't look at it the same way you seem to :lol:

Then thats up to someone else to do. As I said, I am happy to host all the mp3's and clips I have gathered over the years with the new site. I have far more bandwidth to cope now. The sudden interest from a very large and demanding audience was huge, but we've managed pretty well and coped.

If people want their CD (FoTC) I would hope, if they could, they would buy it. Yes, it has to ship from New Zealand, but hey, it was self funded back in 2002. The guys lost a chunk of money performing in Edinburgh that year. Its not like they are rolling in it now either I would guess. I like to think fans will do their bit to help support the guys by buying the album if they can. Putting that online somewhere holds no interest for me. Again, if someone else does so, then so be it. No label as yet has signed the guys. So anything they earn from CD sales and so on works for me I reckon :) I'd prefer to support them that way, but hey, thats just me.

The live (not the actual CD tracks) mp3s of songs online come from radio interviews and TV spots over the years. All of them have at some point been hosted on the site. I'll keep on doing so. As yet, the guys have never asked me to not host those. Until they do, I will do my bit to try and share what I can with others from these sources. Its not perfect, but then nothing is. Its a grey area, and about as dark a grey as I wish to go into.

Bottom line for me is I'm not about to suddenly go and change my ways. I take pride in what I do here and try to do what I feel is best for the guys, this site, and myself. Hopefully fans will like what I do here and appreciate the effort. Its not only about mp3's and clips or a quick fix for me. I'm sorry if I seem like a stuck record on this. I am speaking purely from a personal POV here. I don't wish to put anyone off making a case for the other side of the fence :lol: Just I won't be swayed on this for What The Folk! And as site owner, I really would not want to pursue the path you are suggesting. Once again, what others do is up to them. I wish them well.
Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby kim » Mon Nov 28, 2005 3:25 am

Yes, thats cool.

Sorry I understand your views.
kim
New arrival

Return to Music, lyrics and tabs