What the Folk!

Flight of the Conchords. Yeah those guys. Feel free to discuss them here! Garfunkling!
It is currently Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:05 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Venus
 Post subject: April 7- Coral Gables, FL
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:48 am 
She did indeed have the time of her life

To kick things off, someone posted LIVE streaming of the first 45 minutes of the show! (Kristen's opening act and a few of the boys' songs):
http://qik.com/video/1411586

:shock: Technology never fails to amaze me ;)

Follow What The Folk! on Twitter

Austin
 Post subject: Re: April 7- Coral Gables, FL
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:55 am 
Giving the paper to the people

At about 17 minutes lift in that video, the guys open with

---Wait for it---

TOO MANY DICKS ON THE DANCE FLOOR! :rock: :supz: :clap:

I lurk left.... a lot.

Venus
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:56 am 

^ How awesome was that?! I wouldn't have been able to contain my excitement if I was there! :supz: 8)

Austin
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:59 am 
Giving the paper to the people

I don't know about all of the talk in the "Etiquete " thread, but there may be some dancing, some quite embarrasing dancing. Just only if there are others, though. :lol:

I lurk left.... a lot.

kellysouthpaw
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:36 am 
She's like Switzerland

More meet and greet tweets coming in from this show! :cheer:

So far it sounds like this one went much better...but maybe a bit too early to tell? No real "reviews" have come in yet. And by reviews I mean, by people who actually know what the heck they're talking about when it comes to reviewing FOTC shows ;)

LauraK
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:48 am 
Boom King!

OMGosh!! I wish our show was this weekend! That was great, and that audience seemed loads better! That was a relief.
I loved their funny comments about themselves up on the monitor! :lol: "David Blaine..."

That new song is terrific...my stepdad who loves westerns would get a kick out of it. Stana vs Santa= hilarious. :D

I'm so excited!!! :yay:

Thanks, Venus for posting the link to what TheRealEdwin posted from the show (even if he was so involved in watching that he forgot to actually focus on them near the end...lol. It was awesome to see- so thanks!)

lisalisa88
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:53 am 
New arrival

Austin wrote:
At about 17 minutes lift in that video, the guys open with

---Wait for it---

TOO MANY DICKS ON THE DANCE FLOOR! :rock: :supz: :clap:

Oooh! They didn't play that song in Tampa. I hope they play it tomorrow night. Such a funny song! Thanks for posting. :o)

Nancy
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:09 am 
Persona Non Regatta

The one review I read mentioned the guys seemed very tired halfway through the show - and this is only day 2! :rolleyes:
I didn't watch the whole 45 min, but opening with Too Many D***s was a smart move. The crowd seemed to be polite. :) Stana reminded me of those old Clint Eastwood Spaghetti Westerns. :D

And they did meet and greet. SW, someone got a hug from Jemaine! :o

No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit
La-dy-ish! Yeah!

Sherry
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:59 am 
Professional Blonde

Nancy Hillner wrote:
The one review I read mentioned the guys seemed very tired halfway through the show - and this is only day 2! :rolleyes:
I didn't watch the whole 45 min, but opening with Too Many D***s was a smart move. The crowd seemed to be polite. :) Stana reminded me of those old Clint Eastwood Spaghetti Westerns. :D

And they did meet and greet. SW, someone got a hug from Jemaine! :o

Don't forget they are battling jet lag still combined with the late nights, flying/driving places and so on. I'm not surprised they are tired. I guess the argument for them coming over to the US sooner could be made if they haven't acclimatised quite yet, but I can also understand them wanting to stay home for as long as possible.

I think the set list will change night by night. They have enough songs for that. Also stops it from becoming too predicatable with so many clips and set lists being posted online. People will be kept on their toes.

Sherry
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:24 am 
Professional Blonde

Band meeting tees have been added to the merch

http://twitpic.com/2zm5i

Sherry
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:26 am 
Professional Blonde

This from a twitter to me

the show kicked ass, Miami went crazy for them! & they stuck around to meet everyone out back. Everyone! like 2oo+ people.

So things are looking good for meet and greets. I guess if they have a crap night they may not be inclined, but if the crowd is good then :) Here is hoping for you all :)

kellysouthpaw
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:50 pm 
She's like Switzerland

:pray: :pray:

Here's hoping the Detroit crowd will CONTAIN themselves.

Though, in a 5,000 seat venue it might be tempting to, as Tony would say, "Sing out"

I REALLY hope they don't though. At least for the 2nd show. That way they'll be more inclined to do meet and greets

And just the prospect of hugging Jemaine makes me :thud:

Venus
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:13 pm 

Quote:
Who likes to rock the party?

We like to rock the party!

We saw Flight of the Conchords live tonight at the Bank United Center on the University of Miami campus. I am currently sporting my "Band Meeting" t-shirt which I got at the show and paid too much for, but am glad to have anyway. I figure the fact that we didn't have to pay for parking made up for the cost of the t-shirt a little.

We had seats on the floor, about 15 rows back, but unfortunately, the only pictures we were able to take were with our phones, which means they're basically unintelligible. Still, the show was great, with Kristin Schaal opening. Never seen her do stand-up before, but she was good. I hope the Daily Show continues to use her and starts using her more.

I don't have a set-list, but they did a nice mix of songs from seasons 1 and 2, as well as some songs I'd never heard before. There was also an addition to the band, a cellist named Nigel(?) who they introduced as the New Zealand Philharmonic Orchestra. When they mentioned they had another member, the crowd yelled "Murray!" and Bret and Jemaine seemed a bit surprised by it. Lots of interaction with the crowd, including an acoustic version of "Sugarlumps" which ended with them coming out into the crowd to dance with the ladies.

The highlight of the night was "Business Time," which along with "Albi the Racist Dragon" were the only ones they really got the crowd to sing along with.

Only song they didn't play that I really wanted them to was "Boom King," and there were lots of calls for "Hiphopapotamus and Rhymenocerous," though the rap fans were pleased with the inclusion of "Mother 'Uckers." The setlist seemed to be in flux a little--they played "Bowie" on the spur of the moment, and had the red toy piano out but didn't play "If You're Into It."

Have I geeked about this long enough? Great show--about two hours of Bret and Jemaine, funny as hell. Traffic leaving was a beast until we were out of the parking lot and then was fine. Great time in Miami.

Source

They danced with the audience?! :thud: Gosh those ladies must have had fun!

And I also read they came out to meet and greet approximately 200 people- that's crazy but really nice of the guys to do that :)

Venus
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:28 pm 

LauraK wrote:
OMGosh!! I wish our show was this weekend! That was great, and that audience seemed loads better! That was a relief.
I loved their funny comments about themselves up on the monitor! :lol: "David Blaine..."

That new song is terrific...my stepdad who loves westerns would get a kick out of it. Stana vs Santa= hilarious. :D

I'm so excited!!! :yay:

Thanks, Venus for posting the link to what TheRealEdwin posted from the show (even if he was so involved in watching that he forgot to actually focus on them near the end...lol. It was awesome to see- so thanks!)

No probs :)

Haha poor Jemaine when he said not being on the monitor hurt his feelings :lol:. Yeah that 'David Blaine' thing and Jemaine posing made me giggle!

And is it just me but has this 'Stana' song been mentioned somewhere before? I'm pretty sure I've read about it in an article or interview somewhere before these live gigs. Quite weird... Anyway, it was cool to hear it!

A YouTube video:
Carol Brown

kellysouthpaw
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:29 pm 
She's like Switzerland

If they dance with the audience in Detroit, there's a GOOD chance one of us WTF girls will be in on that sexy-ness. ;)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next