It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:17 am

Flight of the Conchords 7"

Conchords news, chit chat, waffle and conversation. Also convo about Bret and Jemaine in Conchords mode

Moderators: SuzyBatt, Venus

Postby vmh » Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:57 pm

I noticed that Rhino Records (my local record store in Claremont) has been advertising a limited edition Flight of the Conchords 7" (only 3000 copies are available).

Featuring two previously unreleased songs from the first season.

1. Pencils in the Wind
2. Albi the Racist Dragon

Has anyone else heard about this? Apparently, in honor of record store day, these will only be sold in record stores and not on the Sub Pop website.

http://www.subpop.com/channel/news/record_store_day_sub_pop_style

Anyways, I'll be heading down either on Saturday or sometime next week to pick up a copy. If your local record store doesn't sell it or if you don't live near one, and you would like a copy, let me know. I'd be happy to ship them out if you don't mind paying for the cost plus shipping.

I think some stores might be selling them through their websites too so you can check http://www.recordstoreday.com/Venues to find a list of participating stores.
James Bobin: “It’s like a five-year-old and a three-year-old. Jemaine’s the five-year-old, and Bret’s the three-year-old. They’re both wrong, but the five-year-old thinks he’s right.”
vmh
A tasty piece of pastry

Re: Flight of the Conchords 7"

Postby Sherry » Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:00 pm

3000. O its the others are selling 1500 isn't it.

And yeah, heard about it.

I am not overly worried as I have a great rip of the song used in the show. Plus I love the live Pencils version above all else other thans BD Song.

And Albi was never one of my faves, so can live without it.

Good luck getting yourself a copy though :) Be sure to take pics of the cover art etc for us :D
Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby stank » Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:23 pm

Thanks a lot for the tip vmh. I'm going to check my local stores to see if they're going to get it.
stank
Giving the paper to the people

Postby Carol » Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:48 pm

Apparently Cat's is to have it, but I've called twice and the guy seems clueless. :(

Sherry-where is the live version of Pencils? Is that just something you have in your personal collection? I'm already turning green anticipating of your reply!
Carol
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby mohumbhai mania » Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:10 pm

I am going to try to get one, but could you get me one vmh if you don't have a lot of people asking?
If I get one, I can give one to my sister. If not, then I have one.

PM me if this is cool...
Too much time on too many hands - too many ladies, not enough mans

I am bike-cheese!
mohumbhai mania
Can Attack!

Postby stank » Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:37 am

I emailed two of the stores here and they both said they're going to have it. I'm going to buy as many as possible in case people on here can't get them.
stank
Giving the paper to the people

Postby hurm » Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:07 pm

And the boys are playing in Nashville the night of Record Store Day, which makes me think they might do a surprise in-store at either Grimey's or The Groove.

I'm keeping an eye out to see if someone accidentally spills a possible RSD secret show.
hurm
New arrival

Postby vmh » Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:56 pm

hurm wrote:And the boys are playing in Nashville the night of Record Store Day, which makes me think they might do a surprise in-store at either Grimey's or The Groove.

I'm keeping an eye out to see if someone accidentally spills a possible RSD secret show.

Well, if they do, keep us posted. If you go, share stories and post pictures. :D
James Bobin: “It’s like a five-year-old and a three-year-old. Jemaine’s the five-year-old, and Bret’s the three-year-old. They’re both wrong, but the five-year-old thinks he’s right.”
vmh
A tasty piece of pastry

Postby Carol » Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:03 pm

vmh wrote:
hurm wrote:And the boys are playing in Nashville the night of Record Store Day, which makes me think they might do a surprise in-store at either Grimey's or The Groove.

Well, if they do, keep us posted. If you go, share stories and post pictures. :D

Say what? Isn't Record Store Day this Saturday, the 18th? (Have I totally mistaken the date?) Anyway, how could they play in Nashville when they have two shows in Philly that night?---What am I missing here? :dunno:
I would certainly love for the fellas to grace our town once again--and I'd try to attend----Keep an eye out, hurm, okay? Deal!
Carol

Postby Cuse » Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:08 pm

Weren't they selling these at the concerts? Or is that something different? Pretty sure I saw records at Radio City.
Cuse

Postby Carol » Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:14 pm

I didn't see any singles at our show. Just LPs and CDs for the last one, but I could be wrong.
Carol

Postby vmh » Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:07 pm

Carol wrote:
vmh wrote:

Say what? Isn't Record Store Day this Saturday, the 18th? (Have I totally mistaken the date?) Anyway, how could they play in Nashville when they have two shows in Philly that night?---What am I missing here? :dunno:
I would certainly love for the fellas to grace our town once again--and I'd try to attend----Keep an eye out, hurm, okay? Deal!

I just checked the tour dates and it looks like you're right. Record store day is Saturday (4/18) and they will be in Philadelphia. I don't know. I thought that sounded strange too because I thought they had already played a show in Nashville. Unless hurm knows something that we don't. :eh:
vmh
A tasty piece of pastry

Postby LSully9 » Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:09 am

Cuse wrote:Weren't they selling these at the concerts? Or is that something different? Pretty sure I saw records at Radio City.

They were selling records, but that was the album that was released last year.
Two struggling musicians, living in poverty and despair, selling their...instruments.
LSully9
Getting lewd with the food

Postby kellysouthpaw » Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:13 am

I might be interested in one if someone gets an extra :) How much will they cost? It'd be nice to take as something for the guys to sign at the show if they do that kinda thing for my show :dunno:
kellysouthpaw
She's like Switzerland

Postby Sherry » Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:30 pm

Carol wrote:Sherry-where is the live version of Pencils? Is that just something you have in your personal collection? I'm already turning green anticipating of your reply!

In my head and also on the Folk The World CD :)
Sherry
Professional Blonde

Next

Return to Flight of The Conchords