It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:59 am

Season 2 in UK for Spring - we kinda knew anyway but...

The place for all Conchords HBO convo

Moderator: Venus

Re: Season 2 in UK for Spring - we kinda knew anyway but...

Postby Egbert Nobacon » Sat May 09, 2009 12:13 am

There was a trailer on BBC1 before Have I Got News For You on Friday evening. :o

I was sad to learn that the episodes won't be available on the iPlayer for "legal reasons" though. Boo!
Egbert Nobacon
Lost but happy at sea

Postby Oaky » Sat May 09, 2009 3:35 am

I've heard that it will be broadcast to Australia soon on SBS. Can't wait (I'll watch them all anyway, I think to get the full experience of an episode I need some ads) :P

You Brits are so lucky...
"What are you doing in here?!"
"Fixing the shower..."
"It wasn't broken!"
"Well, I'm sorry; I broke it... I'm sorry."

Just another Eugene moment :P
Oaky
New arrival

Postby Baguette » Sat May 09, 2009 10:31 pm

72 hours! :D
You're so beautiful...
Baguette
Giving the paper to the people

Postby trefusis » Mon May 11, 2009 2:17 pm

Looking forward to tomorrow, much?? :wink:

Have just found out that I'm going to miss Episode 2, on Tues 20th. Absolutely no way that I can see it - have to travel overnight on that day.

But it looks like BBC4 are repeating it on Fridays at 11:55pm... phew!
That's the conclusion that I've come to, but...
trefusis
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby Baguette » Mon May 11, 2009 7:41 pm

Holy. Crap.

It is tomorrow, isn't it?! :rolleyes:
You're so beautiful...
Baguette
Giving the paper to the people

Postby indigo_jones » Tue May 12, 2009 7:58 am

Nope. It's today!!!!! :lol:

Yay!!!!!!!!
"It was a hilarious, hilarious moment in a very bleak, bleak time of my life."

Happiness is Bret-Shaped.

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania
indigo_jones
That's Mrs. Indigo Jones-McKenzie to you

Postby dangerous person » Tue May 12, 2009 9:56 am

:whitey: :whitey: :whitey: :whitey: :whitey: :whitey:
"We're a novelty music act, we're not a freak show"
dangerous person
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby trefusis » Tue May 12, 2009 10:57 am

<dons Rod Stewart fright wig>

Tonigght's the nighhhhtt... it's gonna be ahhahhhlll righhhhtt... :lol:

Having realised (see previous post) that I had to travel overnight next Tuesday - but could instead catch Episode 2 repeated on the Friday...

I now discover that my viewing of Episode THREE, the FOLLOWING Tuesday, is also in jeopardy. For the SAME FLIPPING REASON :witsend: . Only, this time I also have to be away on the Friday night, so would also miss the repeat. :tears: I can only conclude that the forces are conspiring to make me miss as much as possible of this series.

Right. Plan A is to get someone to record it for me. But I'm not sure I trust that system, as it has failed me on numerous occasions. Plan B: well, instead of doing my eight-hour journey overnight - and getting to sleep through it - I am going to stay at home, watch Episode 3, then do my journey on Wednesday daytime instead. Awake. And I won't even be able to read as I'll have two children to entertain.

That is testament to my love and dedication, guys. Hope you're listening :wink: .

And Episode Three had better be good.
trefusis

Postby Oaky » Tue May 12, 2009 12:52 pm

2+3 are brilliant.

2, 5 and 9 are probably the best in the season. 3, 4 and 8 are close behind.
"What are you doing in here?!"
"Fixing the shower..."
"It wasn't broken!"
"Well, I'm sorry; I broke it... I'm sorry."

Just another Eugene moment :P
Oaky
New arrival

Postby Venus » Tue May 12, 2009 6:17 pm

:yay: And now the day is upon us! I read this lovely review of the show in The London Paper today whilst commuting home :D :

http://www.thelondonpaper.com/staying-i ... -conchords
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter
Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Postby Venus » Wed May 13, 2009 1:34 pm

Hope everyone enjoyed the first episode! If you enjoyed the first episode, episode 2 is going to be absolutely amazing, trust me :D
And the show got high ratings- 412,000 which is very strong by BBC Four/digital standards and much higher than when season 1 premiered in September 2007 :clap:

From the Guardian:
Flight of the Conchords gives BBC Four lift off

The second series of US musical comedy Flight of the Conchords launched with more than 400,000 viewers on BBC4 last night, Tuesday 12 May.

HBO's comedy, which stars New Zealand comedians Bret McKenzie and Jemaine Clement, pulled in 412,000 viewers and a multichannel share of 2.9% between 10.30pm and 10.55pm, according to unofficial overnight figures.

That was well up on the first series, which averaged a 0.7% multichannel share in a 9.30pm slot on Tuesdays on BBC4 in late 2007. The channel said that last night's figure was also almost three times its average multichannel share of 1%.

Flight of the Conchords launched with 161,000 viewers on BBC4 in September 2007.

Before the first episode of the second series, documentary Flight of the Conchords: On Air brought 264,000 viewers and a 1.5% multichannel share to BBC4 between 10.05pm and 10.30pm.

Source

From Digital Spy:
'Flight Of The Conchords' draws 412,000
Wednesday, May 13 2009, 10:39 BST

By Dan French

Flight Of The Conchords made an impressive return to BBC Four last night, according to the latest viewing figures.

The series two opener, which saw Jemaine and Bret decide to fire their manager, drew 412k (2.9%) for the digital channel between 10.30pm and 10.55pm.

Source
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter
Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Postby trefusis » Wed May 13, 2009 1:50 pm

Pretty good, for BBC4!

It was great to see the On Air documentary on the Real Telly. Am sure this has been mentioned loads before, but I hadn't noticed the Bret stripe combo on their trailer before. Must become more observant...

As for Episode 1 - guess what, I was ambushed by RL once more, and missed all but the first 5-10 minutes :bang: . Fortunately, I'd seen it before. Definitely a promising beginning :) .

Now that we're actually up and running, maybe we should shift our quarters to the episode threads set up when it ran in the US, for any comments on individual episodes? :hrm:
trefusis

Postby indigo_jones » Wed May 13, 2009 2:41 pm

Now that we're actually up and running, maybe we should shift our quarters to the episode threads set up when it ran in the US, for any comments on individual episodes?

I do think that would be the best. Better to keep it in the appropriate sections so that it's easy to find and not spread out all over the place.

Since it wasn't on until 11:30 p.m. for me last night, I simply recorded it and hope to get to see it (again) tonight, depending on what everyone else in the house wants to watch.
"It was a hilarious, hilarious moment in a very bleak, bleak time of my life."

Happiness is Bret-Shaped.

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania
indigo_jones
That's Mrs. Indigo Jones-McKenzie to you

Postby Sherry » Sat May 16, 2009 6:16 pm

trefusis wrote:
Right. Plan A is to get someone to record it for me. But I'm not sure I trust that system, as it has failed me on numerous occasions. Plan B: well, instead of doing my eight-hour journey overnight - and getting to sleep through it - I am going to stay at home, watch Episode 3, then do my journey on Wednesday daytime instead. Awake. And I won't even be able to read as I'll have two children to entertain.

That is testament to my love and dedication, guys. Hope you're listening :wink: .

And Episode Three had better be good.

Ummm I can send them to you if you want. Might help.
Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby trefusis » Sat May 16, 2009 7:38 pm

Aww, Sherry - thank you. That would be great, if it isn't too much trouble. I know you have an extremely pressing RL of your own.

Any time I try to set something to record when I'm not actually watching it, it fails due to "loss of signal". Am not sure whether this is due to the convoluted way my dh has set up our TV/PC, or the fact that our signal is dodgy away out here in the (relative) wilds. But no matter what dh does to fix it, and despite his unflagging confidence that "this time it's bound to work", it never does :? . Have never had much luck with friends/family remembering to record stuff for me, either.

Am OK for Ep. 2 because of the Friday repeat, but it would be fantastic to have Ep. 3 :)
trefusis

PreviousNext

Return to HBO TV series