It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:33 pm

Tongan Ninja

AKA as HipHopapotamus, half of the Humourbeasts, Action Fighter, Dr Chevalier and Jarrod in Eagle vs Shark! Nuff said. You can write the rest!

Moderator: Nancy

Tongan Ninja

Postby Sherry » Mon Oct 03, 2005 11:51 am

*edit* August 21 2007* The official site is no longer online but I shall make a page for it here on What The Folk! soon.

I'm not sure if anyone is interested, but Jemaine and Bret are both actors. Jemaine has been in a few things, but the best by far, so far has been Tongan Ninja. He played the part of Marvin/Action Fighter. Its actually one of those insane low budget things and he cracked me up in it.

If you want to check out the site for it and see the trailers go HERE. I liked these a lot. Esp the funky fight moves one. I don't know if thats still there. Hehe, a reason to go check out the site again. And to watch the DVD. I should get some screen caps to post here of JemainElvis :p

Last edited by Sherry on Tue Aug 21, 2007 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Hip-Hop-opotamus » Tue Oct 04, 2005 4:58 pm

Well, the trailers look hilarous! I must find this DVD!
My lyrics are bottomless...
Hip-Hop-opotamus
New arrival

Tongan Ninja

Postby Ellen » Tue Oct 04, 2005 6:25 pm

Plenty of copies on eBay or Amazon.com. The opening credits alone are worth the price. Enjoy!
Ellen
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby conchordgirl » Thu Oct 06, 2005 7:58 pm

I love your avatar Ellen! I just rented Tongan Ninja from Netflix. I plan on buying a copy as soon as I get paid. I'm so excited to see this cinematic masterpiece. :)
--Nicole
Oh, look at me! I'm the magical man from happy land, in a gumdrop house on lollipop laaaaaane!!
Oh by the way I was being sarcastic.--Homer Simpson
conchordgirl

Postby Ellen » Fri Oct 07, 2005 1:03 am

Thanks conchordgirl :D ! Only wish I could get it a little larger somehow. Your avatar is awesome, by the way. And you will absolutely enjoy Tongan Ninja. The extras are not to be missed, especially The Official Making of Tongan Ninja (with Peter Jackson) and the audio commentaries by a few of the actors (including Jemaine) and director Jason Stutter.
Ellen

Postby specialkay » Fri Oct 07, 2005 4:23 am

:lol: that's great, thank's sherry! it's so funny how they are so talented yet, most people are just now hearing about them....like me...i will admit it! 8)
But, I went to IMDB and was doing a little research....and came across this TONGAN NINJA and thought, "how cool"! and they have a few things up that review it and have all Jermaine's works listed there...if you are interested....
and also, there were a few others there who were raving about them! not many, but, there were fans there! and that is a good thing! :wink:
specialkay

Postby Andria » Fri Oct 07, 2005 7:31 am

Yay! I ordered a copy from deepdiscountdvd.com (only $11.99) and they shipped it today! None of the video stores in my tiny town of 30,000 have it...we are so un-cultured around here. I'm feelin' happy... :D
I'll take your body and cover it with honey, then stick some money to the honey, now you're covered in money, honey. -FotC
Andria
Bootylicious Flygirl

Postby conchordgirl » Fri Oct 07, 2005 11:16 pm

OMG! I just finished watching "Tongan Ninja" and swear I almost passed out..I loved it...Especially all of Jemaine's scenes..*takes a breath* I need to get some screencaps done..(still giggling)
Loved this:

Sexyness

It's funny because it's true!
:lol:

argh!..Back to work.. :cry:
--Nicole
Oh, look at me! I'm the magical man from happy land, in a gumdrop house on lollipop laaaaaane!!
conchordgirl

Postby Andria » Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am

conchordgirl wrote:OMG! I just finished watching "Tongan Ninja" and swear I almost passed out..I loved it...Especially all of Jemaine's scenes..*takes a breath* I need to get some screencaps done..(still giggling)
Loved this:

Sexyness

It's funny because it's true!
:lol:

argh!..Back to work.. :cry:
--Nicole

Wowza! Thats great! Thanks for sharing... :D I am sooo jealous. Still waiting for my copy. :evil: The movie looks/sounds awesome.
I'll take your body and cover it with honey, then stick some money to the honey, now you're covered in money, honey. -FotC
Andria
Bootylicious Flygirl

Postby Kate » Sat Oct 08, 2005 2:01 pm

My copy better come soon. That scene looks like a scream! :lol:

That having been said, Nicole, any screensaves you can manage to sare would be greatly appreciated!
Kate
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby Sherry » Sat Oct 08, 2005 5:36 pm

Kate wrote:My copy better come soon. That scene looks like a scream! :lol:

I watched it again the other evening. Not seen it in ages. I really laughed a lot and the kids I was watching it with thought it was cool and got all the gags. They have never seen a low budget film like that before and it was a real eye opener to see their reactions. A part of me was worried they may of hated it because it was not the finely polished high production they are used to seeing from Hollywood. Also that they may think the script was simply corny, not funny. But they both loved it. And were laughing like loons. And have been using various catchphrases ever since. And I have gone up in their cool ratings even more :lol:

They said it was one of the coolest movies ever 8)

To give you an idea of their cool rating scale a few weeks ago they said Dukes of Hazzard was the coolest movie they have ever seen :shock:
Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Ellen » Sat Oct 08, 2005 11:27 pm

Sherry wrote:
Kate wrote:My copy better come soon. That scene looks like a scream! :lol:

I watched it again the other evening. Not seen it in ages. I really laughed a lot and the kids I was watching it with thought it was cool and got all the gags. They have never seen a low budget film like that before and it was a real eye opener to see their reactions. A part of me was worried they may of hated it because it was not the finely polished high production they are used to seeing from Hollywood. Also that they may think the script was simply corny, not funny. But they both loved it. And were laughing like loons. And have been using various catchphrases ever since. And I have gone up in their cool ratings even more :lol:

They said it was one of the coolest movies ever 8)

To give you an idea of their cool rating scale a few weeks ago they said Dukes of Hazzard was the coolest movie they have ever seen :shock:

The lack of overproduction is exactly why I really liked Tongan Ninja, right down to (and especially) the "your parents have been squashed by Godzilla" scene. Yet if you listen to the commentary by Jason Stutter, there really was a lot of work and time that went into making the film. You can tell that the filmakers really love movies, too, which always makes it more fun.
Ellen

Postby conchordgirl » Sun Oct 09, 2005 8:07 am

After watching the commentary I really have to say that I liked the movie even more. I would have liked more actual commentary from Jemaine about his part but I think the beer was interfering with that (not on Jemaine's part.) In any case, "Tongan Ninja" is in my Top 5 favorites right now. Well, it's 2am here so I must at least try to sleep. Good Night, my little forum friends or Good Morning depending on where ever you all may be at the moment..
:)
--Nicole
conchordgirl

Postby indigo_jones » Sun Oct 09, 2005 3:01 pm

Totally off topic, but I love your Young Ones signature, conchordgirl! I remember that scene very well.

Slightly more on topic, that's a great avatar you currently have!
"It was a hilarious, hilarious moment in a very bleak, bleak time of my life."

Happiness is Bret-Shaped.

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania
indigo_jones
That's Mrs. Indigo Jones-McKenzie to you

Postby conchordgirl » Sun Oct 09, 2005 9:53 pm

indigo_jones wrote:Totally off topic, but I love your Young Ones signature, conchordgirl! I remember that scene very well.

Slightly more on topic, that's a great avatar you currently have!

Thank you indigo,
I LOVE "the young ones!" When I was a kid I would stay up late and watch it on PBS on sunday nights. I didn't "get" some of the jokes until I was older (I was a naive little kid) but I still loved the characters. Well, since we got off topic a bit, let's bring it back to F o the C...umm..Jemaine and Bret are HOTNESS! :)

--Nicole
conchordgirl

Next

Return to Jemaine Clement