It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 4:20 am

No swooning allowed - For the guys (and ladies too)

Conchords news, chit chat, waffle and conversation. Also convo about Bret and Jemaine in Conchords mode

Moderator: Venus

Re: No swooning allowed - For the guys (and ladies too)

Postby kellysouthpaw » Mon May 25, 2009 10:06 pm

Corrine, the presale happens usually a few days before the regular tickets go on sale. Only those with the presale password can go for tickets at this time - so basically yes, it is to get good seats. For this tour, the dates were announced in January, and the presale happened early February, and tickets went on sale a week after the presale. However, since the second Detroit show was added much later (March), the presale wasn't until March 10th, and then the tickets for that show went on sale the 13th or 15th or something like that.
kellysouthpaw
She's like Switzerland

Postby Corrine » Mon May 25, 2009 10:20 pm

Thanks for clearing that up Kelly. I guess it wouldn't have made a difference then. If there is a next time, maybe I can make it work then.
Corrine
Consistently Mediocre

Postby LauraK » Mon May 25, 2009 10:44 pm

Corrine, I'd only discovered them about 2 wks before the second show was announced. I was so bummed that the tickets were sold out. Then the 2nd show! The fact that I friended them on MS got me (and thousands of others!) the password, so I count myself very lucky indeed to have gotten in on that.

Let's all just keep hoping and vibing for another US tour in the future. :) They've said they'll be back to many of us along the way on this one.....so I'm keeping my hopes up.
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image
LauraK
Boom King!

Postby Cuse » Mon May 25, 2009 10:59 pm

Presale doesn't necessarily mean great seats. But they do usually mean you'll at least get tickets. Sometimes presale tickets can be MUCH worse than what you could get in the general sale.

I think a good way to look at it is like a pie chart. The presale would be a tiny sliver. Lets say the first row holds 20 total people. The presale might only have 2 front row seats, and then expand outwards. So when the general sale tickets go on sale, there are still 18 front row seats left. It's not like the presale is the whole first 5 rows. That make sense?

It's not this perfectly scientific, but I think that's the general idea. If I know a show is going to be a hot ticket, I'll buy in the presale and then look on the general sale, too. I think my general sale tickets have always been better so far. If I understand correctly, the great Detroit tickets thing might have been because a second show was added and a lot of people had no clue about it.
Cuse
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby LauraK » Tue May 26, 2009 2:03 am

Interesting. My seats were 1st row pit, on the left. Ardy got 1st row pit- center. Not sure but pretty certain she was in on the presale as well.
ImageImage
LauraK
Boom King!

Postby Cuse » Tue May 26, 2009 2:21 am

Lucked out, then! :lol:

But that Detroit show was a lil weird. Weren't there lots of awesome seats on TM at the last minute?
Cuse

Postby mockingbird » Tue May 26, 2009 3:11 am

I got my front row seat through the presale as well, and 9th row for Ryman (though I ended up having to sell the Rymans and I still feel pain over that one.)
mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

Postby Corrine » Tue May 26, 2009 4:02 am

Laura, you mentioned you had to "friend" them on myspace. So, doesn't that mean you have to have a myspace page as well to do that? I wouldn't mind getting in on these things, but don't have much interest in myspace. I already have facebook, and I hardly ever get around to checking on it.
Corrine
Consistently Mediocre

Postby mohumbhai mania » Tue May 26, 2009 8:13 pm

Yes, you need to be on MySpace.
I've found it to be pretty useful because Arj, Kristin, and the Wellington International Ukelele Orchestra all have MySpace pages...
Too much time on too many hands - too many ladies, not enough mans

I am bike-cheese!
mohumbhai mania
Can Attack!

Postby dandy lyons » Tue May 26, 2009 8:24 pm

mohumbhai mania wrote:Yes, you need to be on MySpace.
I've found it to be pretty useful because Arj, Kristin, and the Wellington International Ukelele Orchestra all have MySpace pages...

Yes, it is good to get updates on upcoming shows, tv appearances, etc.
Gar·funk·ling (verb) Funky cuddling with the candles twinkling.
dandy lyons
Consistently Mediocre

Postby Venus » Tue May 26, 2009 8:30 pm

Corrine wrote:Laura, you mentioned you had to "friend" them on myspace. So, doesn't that mean you have to have a myspace page as well to do that? I wouldn't mind getting in on these things, but don't have much interest in myspace. I already have facebook, and I hardly ever get around to checking on it.

I'm pretty sure they gave out the password on the FOTC facebook fanpage as one of the 'updates'. All you have to do is 'become a fan' if you aren't already:
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/Fligh ... rds?ref=ts

I'm not on MySpace either but I suppose MySpace would be more reliable when it comes to presales and announcements.
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter
Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Postby Cuse » Tue May 26, 2009 8:35 pm

I think one reason my presale NYC tickets were crummy was because they posted the password on brooklynvegan.com. And a lot of concert goers read that.
Cuse

Postby LauraK » Tue May 26, 2009 9:45 pm

MySpace is where I received the update on the new show and the password. On MySpace, Jemaine is the one who mans the page and he'll occasionally make a comment, reply to an email, post a pic you've sent, etc. Maybe even put a fan in his Top16- right, Dandy? :D The Facebook one seems to be run/put up by HBO. On Kristen's FB for instance- it's all about the tv show. No mention of any of her other endeavors.
ImageImage
LauraK
Boom King!

Postby dandy lyons » Tue May 26, 2009 11:01 pm

LauraK wrote: On MySpace, Jemaine is the one who mans the page and he'll occasionally make a comment, reply to an email, post a pic you've sent, etc. Maybe even put a fan in his Top16- right, Dandy? :D

:worry: :whistle:
Gar·funk·ling (verb) Funky cuddling with the candles twinkling.
dandy lyons
Consistently Mediocre

Postby Corrine » Wed May 27, 2009 2:25 am

Venus wrote:I'm pretty sure they gave out the password on the FOTC facebook fanpage as one of the 'updates'. All you have to do is 'become a fan' if you aren't already:
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/Fligh ... rds?ref=ts

I'm not on MySpace either but I suppose MySpace would be more reliable when it comes to presales and announcements.

Well, I went on the facebook page and clicked "become a fan" is something supposed to happen after that? Am I supposed to receive updates or something? I'm still a bit new to facebook, so not sure how all this stuff works.

I like the thought that Jemaine actually goes on myspace, etc., but not sure I want to spend the time creating a page there etc. when otherwise I don't know anyone on there, since all the people I keep in touch with seem to be on facebook. I think someone told me at some point that facebook is the myspace for grownups. (Don't know if that is accurate or not.) I also noticed that there is a blog on the FOTC myspace page. I assume I would need to be a myspace member to read that. Is that something that Jemaine writes?

I love the updates that they did on their old webpage. Too bad they don't have that anymore. It cracked me up when I read it. I assume that's Jemaine writing, right? It is very funny. I love it when he talks about their approach to the website being that they will get into it, then forget about it for a while, then eventually come back to it, etc. It just goes to show they are just like everyone else in the world.
Corrine
Consistently Mediocre

PreviousNext

Return to Flight of The Conchords