It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:09 pm

No swooning allowed - For the guys (and ladies too)

Conchords news, chit chat, waffle and conversation. Also convo about Bret and Jemaine in Conchords mode

Moderators: SuzyBatt, Venus

Re: No swooning allowed - For the guys (and ladies too)

Postby songbird » Thu May 28, 2009 9:31 pm

Thanks Sherry! :D
"We're addressing the issues but we're keeping it funky."

Image Image
songbird
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby LauraK » Thu May 28, 2009 9:47 pm

Usually there's a second or 2 before the music blares when you navigate to someone's page, so I just click the pause button on people's players. Easy peasy. I also only friend people I "know" and like, unlike the teens whose goal seems to be to get the higherst number of "friends" possible. I like to see pics people have posted and do a quick read of updates and......yes, I'm a sucker for filling things out so I do some of the surveys. :lol: But through MySpace, I have been able to click on FOTC's other friends and gain some knowledge of bands and comedians and info that I might not have known about otherwise. :)

FaceBook lost me when they changed their front page. I don't really want long lists of every comment everyone makes to people they know....I do check in and post pics and look at friends', though.
But I'm not at MS or FB for long periods of time. (Like here!)

Twitter? I don't get Twitter....it seems too spare and kinda boring.

I agree on the MS backgrounds.....sometimes as I'm straining to see what's written, I wonder "Did this person ever actually try to view their own profile?!!"
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image
LauraK
Boom King!

Postby songbird » Thu May 28, 2009 9:53 pm

LauraK wrote:Twitter? I don't get Twitter....it seems too spare and kinda boring.

I legitimately don't understand Twitter. People always say to me, "oh, do you have Twitter?! I'll follow you!" or whatever it's called. And I always have to respond by saying, "I'm sorry, but no matter how hard I try I just don't get Twitter. If you'd care to explain what the point is then that would be great."
"We're addressing the issues but we're keeping it funky."

Image Image
songbird

Postby Corrine » Thu May 28, 2009 10:28 pm

I'm new to facebook, but feel a little uncomfortable about all the little comments on "the wall". I really don't need to know every little thing that my friends are doing, and not sure if I want them to know everything I'm doing. Although, I like the concept of being able to get back in touch with people, it makes me very wary to accept friends unless I know them well. I'm confused about twitter too. I noticed one of my facebook friends had twitter, and every little mundane thing she did that day ended up on the wall. I was confused as to how it was interesting.
Corrine
Consistently Mediocre

Postby LauraK » Thu May 28, 2009 11:13 pm

songbird wrote:
LauraK wrote:Twitter? I don't get Twitter....it seems too spare and kinda boring.

I legitimately don't understand Twitter. People always say to me, "oh, do you have Twitter?! I'll follow you!" or whatever it's called. And I always have to respond by saying, "I'm sorry, but no matter how hard I try I just don't get Twitter. If you'd care to explain what the point is then that would be great."

Same. :)

Corrine wrote:I'm new to facebook, but feel a little uncomfortable about all the little comments on "the wall". I really don't need to know every little thing that my friends are doing, and not sure if I want them to know everything I'm doing. Although, I like the concept of being able to get back in touch with people, it makes me very wary to accept friends unless I know them well. I'm confused about twitter too. I noticed one of my facebook friends had twitter, and every little mundane thing she did that day ended up on the wall. I was confused as to how it was interesting.

Yup. I registered and gave it a shot but when I noticed people were following me, I thought- "why?" Lol....The best I could come up with were those mundane things Corrinne mentioned. :) I had to keep removing strangers....why would you want to follow me? You don't know me. I just don't get it either, I guess.

But for those who do- cool. Just like MS and FB- each place has their fans or at least people who like to use them.

I wouldn't have found the Conchords were it not for MySpace. :)

I wonder if Jemaine will slack off now that the tour is over...I'm hoping he'll post some of the pics their photogs were taking.
ImageImage
LauraK
Boom King!

Postby Neeke » Fri May 29, 2009 1:27 am

LauraK wrote:
songbird wrote:

Same. :)

Corrine wrote:I'm new to facebook, but feel a little uncomfortable about all the little comments on "the wall". I really don't need to know every little thing that my friends are doing, and not sure if I want them to know everything I'm doing. Although, I like the concept of being able to get back in touch with people, it makes me very wary to accept friends unless I know them well. I'm confused about twitter too. I noticed one of my facebook friends had twitter, and every little mundane thing she did that day ended up on the wall. I was confused as to how it was interesting.

Yup. I registered and gave it a shot but when I noticed people were following me, I thought- "why?" Lol....The best I could come up with were those mundane things Corrinne mentioned. :) I had to keep removing strangers....why would you want to follow me? You don't know me. I just don't get it either, I guess.

But for those who do- cool. Just like MS and FB- each place has their fans or at least people who like to use them.

I wouldn't have found the Conchords were it not for MySpace. :)

I wonder if Jemaine will slack off now that the tour is over...I'm hoping he'll post some of the pics their photogs were taking.

I had the exact same questions when I was first introduced to Twitter. There are times when the mundane updates can become irritating. However, I try to follow those who have the same interests that I have. In doing so, I have been able to readily acquire information on various topics from the updates of other Tweets. I also follow news tweets from CNN, BBC, USAToday. I'm a Blackberry fan so I follow various Blackberry Tweeps. They share info. on new apps and stuff like that. More importantly, I get so many great updates from WTF and other Conchord Tweeps.

It has taken me a while to get use to it and actually I am still learning but, I find it fun and interesting. I'm still getting use to MySpace. I have a Facebook account but I can't really seem to get into Facebook. Any tips? I hope Jemaine doesn't slack off and not routinely update their MySpace page.

By the way Laura, I've been meaning to compliment you on your signature LOL!!! Every single time I go to read a post and you are anywhere on that page I have a gosh darn time trying to focus. HaHa! That Jemaine and what he is doing to his instrument...well let's just say...it's quite distracting. :lol:
~Oh, that's not fair...I'm really ticklish~

Enjoy when you can...Endure when you must
Neeke
Keeping it funky

Postby LauraK » Fri May 29, 2009 1:42 am

To me as well, Neeke! :lol:

Someone else made it and shared it, so I can't take any credit. I just adore it. :)

To try and get on topic a bit, has anyone seen or heard anything about what is being done with footage filmed during the tour? Same with pics taken....I thought maybe we'd see moreon the MySpace page but J only posted a few pics earlier on.
ImageImage
LauraK
Boom King!

Postby Corrine » Fri May 29, 2009 1:46 am

I just noticed today on facebook that if a friend twitters mundane comments onto the wall, you can actually hide those people. (Didn't know I could do that before.) I suppose twitter could be useful if you are actually interested in what your receiving like updates on your favorite band, etc.
Corrine
Consistently Mediocre

Postby mockingbird » Fri May 29, 2009 5:57 am

LauraK wrote:To try and get on topic a bit, has anyone seen or heard anything about what is being done with footage filmed during the tour? Same with pics taken....I thought maybe we'd see moreon the MySpace page but J only posted a few pics earlier on.

I wonder if they'll release a live DVD. That would be awesome. I seem to recall some rumors floating around about that, early in the tour...? I might be manufacturing memories to support my hopes of a live DVD, ha ha.
mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

Postby helgecko » Fri May 29, 2009 6:07 am

You may just be remembering the desperate little thread I started up a while ago...
I SO want a live dvd, but apparently Bret nipped that one in the bud a while ago. Someone asked him and he said there were no plans for a live dvd any time soon :cry: :cry:

Hence my attempt to patchwork one together out of youtube videos :lol:
It's all about the music.

Image Image Image Image
helgecko

Postby Bad Atom » Fri May 29, 2009 6:12 am

As a fairly prolific Twitterer, I have to say it's a very fast and very convenient way to let people know what I'm up to and what my friends/bands/internet celebrities/favorite websites are up to as well. Instead of checking out a crapload of sites every night, I check Twitter to see what everyone else is doing. It's like one-stop shopping!

The obvious drawbacks are that the messages are so short and sometimes people post really mundane stuff. Sometimes I'm guilty of that too, but it's normally for the sake of comedy. :D

For the longer stuff I write (blogs, etc.) and social networking I have a MySpace and a Facebook. I try to check them at least once a day but I don't live on there. Like Sherry, I hate looking at most MySpace profiles because they're horribly designed. Mine is nice and neat.

So I can well understand why people aren't a fan of any of this stuff. Honestly, I prefer human interaction, but I don't think Bret or Jemaine know where I live, so how could they come hang out at my house?
Bad Atom
The "Play Whatever You Want!" Guy

Postby mockingbird » Fri May 29, 2009 6:16 am

It's an awesome idea, helgecko, and I love the thread. :thumb: Are you going to organize it into a cohesive whole? Like, with voting and stuff?
mockingbird

Postby mockingbird » Fri May 29, 2009 6:18 am

Bad Atom wrote:Honestly, I prefer human interaction, but I don't think Bret or Jemaine know where I live, so how could they come hang out at my house?

You could post your address on their MySpace page. :lol:
mockingbird

Postby Bad Atom » Fri May 29, 2009 6:21 am

mockingbird wrote:
Bad Atom wrote:Honestly, I prefer human interaction, but I don't think Bret or Jemaine know where I live, so how could they come hang out at my house?

You could post your address on their MySpace page. :lol:

I think it's bad enough that I posted my phone number on my Twitter. Fortunately no one tried to call me. :)
Bad Atom
The "Play Whatever You Want!" Guy

Postby helgecko » Fri May 29, 2009 6:25 am

mockingbird wrote:It's an awesome idea, helgecko, and I love the thread. :thumb: Are you going to organize it into a cohesive whole? Like, with voting and stuff?

well... that's the plan. Depends on how "into it" everyone gets, I suppose.
Regardless, it's already resulted in me seeing videos that I may not have otherwise, so it's already a success as far as I'm concerned :wink:
It's all about the music.

Image Image Image Image
helgecko

PreviousNext

Return to Flight of The Conchords