It is currently Sat Nov 29, 2014 12:58 am

Ideas for S3?

The place for all Conchords HBO convo

Moderator: Venus

Re: Ideas for S3?

Postby vmh » Fri May 29, 2009 7:19 am

kellysouthpaw wrote:I love Coko. She needs to come back... *writes her into script*

I think a lot of people wanted Coco to come back. I have a total girl crush on Sutton Foster. They could give her a vocal part in one of the songs this time.
James Bobin: “It’s like a five-year-old and a three-year-old. Jemaine’s the five-year-old, and Bret’s the three-year-old. They’re both wrong, but the five-year-old thinks he’s right.”
vmh
A tasty piece of pastry

Postby kikiexpress » Fri May 29, 2009 7:38 am

Yeah Coco was really the only nicest girl in the series (besides Mel but that's kinda a little different lol) but she did say to Jemaine to tell Bret she wants some time to think about it so maybe she might come around in the end :D
ImageImageImage
We are one heart, one mind, one soul.
-Quote of my life
kikiexpress
Giving the paper to the people

Postby songbird » Fri May 29, 2009 12:51 pm

I loved Coco. She would definitely have to come back.
And oh my goodness, Sutton Foster has one of the best voices I've ever heard. And I'm REALLY critical. I saw her in Shrek in February, and honestly I was completely blown away.
"We're addressing the issues but we're keeping it funky."

Image Image
songbird
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby Corrine » Fri May 29, 2009 1:13 pm

Coco was the only girlfriend that I really liked in the series. In season 2, the pet store girl was okay, but not necessarily the one I imagined Bret to be with. Brahbrah was a little odd. The others, croissant girls, fans, Sally, Keitha, etc. definitely not, and I don't think we were supposed to like them. Mel was great, but obviously she had a different role. I like at the end of season 1 where Todd tells them he wants to take advantage of her, and they say "oh no, she's married." I like how they become a little bit protective of her, even though she drives them crazy. I think there are a lot of great layers to the show.

By the way, is the Coco spelling supposed to be Coko, in order to be like Yoko? Just wondering if I'm writing this wrong.
Corrine
Consistently Mediocre

Postby ZebraWarriorPrincess » Fri May 29, 2009 3:03 pm

[quote="Corrine"]Coco was the only girlfriend that I really liked in the series.

Didn't she also wear an animal jumper in one episode. I remember seeing it and laughing.
(One of my favourite things is spotting similarly dressed couples...I know it's sad) :wink:
It's a psychological analogy
ZebraWarriorPrincess
Posing like a swan

Postby kellysouthpaw » Fri May 29, 2009 7:16 pm

I've seen it Coco, Coko, Koco and Koko. So I think we're safe no matter how we spell it :lol:

So, Coco's definitely back in. And I totally hear you on the girl crush. She is amazing. :heart:
kellysouthpaw
She's like Switzerland

Postby ardy » Fri May 29, 2009 7:26 pm

everytime i see this thread, i read it as, "...Ideas for $3"....like three dollars....
:oops:
yes, i need glasses.
no, i don't have any ideas for season 3.

carry on...
:wink:
...Detroit - City of Tomorrow...

take this sinking boat and point it home..we've still got time...
ardy
Redheads not warheads

Postby kellysouthpaw » Fri May 29, 2009 7:32 pm

My ideas cost WAY more than $3, ardy ;) :lol:
kellysouthpaw
She's like Switzerland

Postby Sherry » Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:37 pm

Corrine wrote: By the way, is the Coco spelling supposed to be Coko, in order to be like Yoko? Just wondering if I'm writing this wrong.

It is spelt Coco in the credits iirc :)
Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Corrine » Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:11 pm

ardy wrote:everytime i see this thread, i read it as, "...Ideas for $3"....like three dollars....
:oops:
yes, i need glasses.
no, i don't have any ideas for season 3.

carry on...
:wink:

There were several times that I looked at this title and thought it read "Ideas for three dollars" too. So you're not the only one!
Corrine
Consistently Mediocre

Postby jamesthecat » Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:55 am

i dont see any reason for them to go back to america, save for not wanting to lose dave, mel, doug, eugene and greg from the series.

they could give up on the dream, bret could become a wedding singer and jemaine could compose bad electro music for radio commercials. by giving up on this dream they could also become rather rich and successful but for all the wrong reasons. im stumped. it ended so perfectly but to soon>?...
jamesthecat
New arrival

Postby ZebraWarriorPrincess » Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:20 pm

With Bret and Jemaine out of America, will Mel stalk to stalk Dave? That could be cool (at least until they work out how to get Bret and Jemaine back. If they come back. Basing it in NZ or London could also work. Maybe.)
Either way, they need Dave (although I was never sure if he was genuinely a bit dense, or winding them up, which just made it even funnier) :D
ZebraWarriorPrincess
Posing like a swan

Postby indigo_jones » Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:24 pm

I think season three should see the guys in Utrecht, playings gigs around town and having lots of confusion with the locals over why Bret is the Tree King (boom in Dutch is tree).

What? A girl can dream. :wink:
"It was a hilarious, hilarious moment in a very bleak, bleak time of my life."

Happiness is Bret-Shaped.

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania
indigo_jones
That's Mrs. Indigo Jones-McKenzie to you

Postby ZebraWarriorPrincess » Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:53 pm

Maybe they could do a European tour, stopping off in the South West (ideally Bath), the Utrecht, Norway...
ZebraWarriorPrincess
Posing like a swan

Postby nonchalant obsession » Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:56 pm

indigo_jones wrote:I think season three should see the guys in Utrecht, playings gigs around town and having lots of confusion with the locals over why Bret is the Tree King (boom in Dutch is tree).

What? A girl can dream. :wink:

:rolls: I'm dying imagining that song with "boom" replaced by "tree". LOL!
Image..Image..Image
nonchalant obsession
WTF!'s Biggest Blasphemer. Apparently.

PreviousNext

Return to HBO TV series