It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:07 pm

The official sig and avatar appreciation thread

Conchords news, chit chat, waffle and conversation. Also convo about Bret and Jemaine in Conchords mode

Moderators: SuzyBatt, Venus

The official sig and avatar appreciation thread

Postby Sherry » Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:21 pm

Yeah, you get a thread for it all to yourselves :lol:

Seems as so many people change their sigs or avatars and people enjoy commenting around the forum in whatever thread, I thought it'd be cool to have a specific thread where people can discuss away and also to post their shiny new sigs/avatars within an actual post, so it remains for all eternity for everyone to see. Often once a sig gets changed, people have no idea what it was being discussed. So I thought why not give everyone a chance to share and be able to look back at them once they are changed again.

Also if you find any gifs/icons etc you are able to share (some makers of them ask to not share them, others are ok with it), post them in here too.

Sound like a plan? :D

Good :thumb: :popcorn:

(Once this thread has become established I shall probably move it over to the Your Stuff section, so if one day it vanishes, check there)
Sherry
Professional Blonde

Re: The official sig and avatar appreciation thread

Postby mockingbird » Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:55 pm

That's a great idea, I wish I had some of my old sigs posted here because sometimes I feel like resurrecting them but they're vanished into the ether.

So - let me take this opportunity to show some appreciation for SheWolf and her wonderfully excessive collection of gifs in her sig. :clap: You can never have too much, lol. And I really like how it doesn't make my computer lock up, for some reason. Some people's gifs do that to me but SheWolf's never do. Props to you lady! :prayer:

Also I feel I would be remiss if I didn't say thanks to Laura for her sig of Jem licking his omnichord. Please post that here, Laura! It makes me so happy. :D
mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

Postby songbird » Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:03 pm

Oh, great thread idea!

Ok, gotta give a shoutout to SheWolf, LauraK, and nonchalant obsession. Your sigs are mesmerizing, I can't get through a thread without taking a few moments to stare.....

And mockingbird, I love yours too! The quote is really what kills me, but the pic of Jem is just too adoreable :love:
"We're addressing the issues but we're keeping it funky."

Image Image
songbird
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby kellysouthpaw » Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:48 pm

I also must give appreciation to Laura and SW for their sigs. They are amazing...and since this isn't a non swoon thread I'm going to swoon all over it :lol:
kellysouthpaw
She's like Switzerland

Postby Corrine » Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:56 pm

Sherry, since we have this specific thread, and at the risk of maybe asking a really stupid question, what is that picture in your avatar? I've been trying to figure it out for weeks. :hrm: It looks like something with ballet slippers, looking into a mirror, smoking a pipe??
Corrine
Consistently Mediocre

Postby mohumbhai mania » Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:05 pm

I know it's liking your own cooking, but I love mine. My scraggly little PowerPoint/iPhoto babies! :lol:
Too much time on too many hands - too many ladies, not enough mans

I am bike-cheese!
mohumbhai mania
Can Attack!

Postby mockingbird » Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:16 pm

songbird wrote:And mockingbird, I love yours too! The quote is really what kills me, but the pic of Jem is just too adoreable :love:

I know, I almost felt bad for putting the quote under such a sweet picture but it had to be done. ;) It wasn't even Jemaine who said it - it was Bret.
mockingbird

Postby Sherry » Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:22 pm

Corrine wrote:Sherry, since we have this specific thread, and at the risk of maybe asking a really stupid question, what is that picture in your avatar? I've been trying to figure it out for weeks. :hrm: It looks like something with ballet slippers, looking into a mirror, smoking a pipe??

Its my one and only avatar :love: We've been together a long time now and I won't change it for anything. Pretty much every forum I sign up to (unless only posting a few posts before planning to disappear) has it on 8)

Its Ms Detective Sherlock. The dancing ballerina detective no less. Sherlock Holmes but with a female twist :lol:

I use it as my nick on IRC (and a few other forums) is Sherlock and has been for years. This is the only forum I use my name on. And TORn I am not Sherlock as someone else regged that before me :roll: Also on Twitter and so on. I found it one day online somewhere, about 7 years ago and have used it ever since :geek:
Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:23 pm

Don't forget, post them within your post if you wish them to remain permanently. Happy to see sigs and avatars past and present :D
Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby songbird » Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:27 pm

Aww, I love your avatar Sherry :D and totally appreciate the ballerina thing, being a dancer myself.

Not only that, but I LOVE LOVE LOVE the quote in your sig! The first time I read it, my heart melted a little bit.
"We're addressing the issues but we're keeping it funky."

Image Image
songbird
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby Sherry » Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:49 pm

songbird wrote:Aww, I love your avatar Sherry :D and totally appreciate the ballerina thing, being a dancer myself.

Not only that, but I LOVE LOVE LOVE the quote in your sig! The first time I read it, my heart melted a little bit.

Awww fankoo :blush:

Yeah, its a great quote. Again, it travels with me. I also use another in most other places but don't have room here for it due to the links in my sig.

The quote I use is

I killed a fresh yellow rose with a secret clump of hot manure

I adore it. Just adore it. And its no one elses. Unless they steal it from me :fence:
Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Bad Atom » Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:44 am

My signature used to be a quote from Bret at the Columbus show last year where he said "We're a band. F*ck you.". Now it's just a shameless game advertisement. :whistle:

As for my avatar, I don't plan on changing it anytime soon. Unless I'm somehow able to get my picture taken with both the guys at once (my new goal).
Bad Atom
The "Play Whatever You Want!" Guy

Postby Corrine » Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:00 pm

Sherry, thanks for explaining your avatar. A ha, it's a magnifying glass, not a mirror. That's neat. I also love your quote in the signature. I have a soft spot for all things Winnie-the-Pooh, which I think intensified after I had kids.
Corrine
Consistently Mediocre

Postby LauraK » Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:21 am

My sig line has been the same for about 7-8 years. I do tend to change my avatars/sig pics depending on mood and what I'm watching. When Dexter's back, I expect he'll appear at my other boards, but here- only J. :love:

ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image
LauraK
Boom King!

Postby mockingbird » Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:28 am

Corrine wrote:Sherry, thanks for explaining your avatar. A ha, it's a magnifying glass, not a mirror. That's neat. I also love your quote in the signature. I have a soft spot for all things Winnie-the-Pooh, which I think intensified after I had kids.

I always thought it was a mirror. I like it better being a magnifying glass though. :) I like Winnie the Pooh much better as an adult than as a kid. My kids aren't all that into Pooh but they do love Dr. Seuss, so I have that to console myself with. ;) I found that reading "The Tao of Pooh" really heightened my appreciation for it.

PS - "My Kids Aren't All That Into Pooh" - the sequel to "He's Just Not That Into You". :lol:
mockingbird

Next

Return to Flight of The Conchords