It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:45 am

Uncontrollable Giggle Fits

Everything else you can poke a stick at. And then some.

Moderators: Nancy, Venus

Uncontrollable Giggle Fits

Postby Corrine » Sun May 31, 2009 7:24 am

You know when you sometimes get those uncontrollable giggle fits, the ones where you laugh so hard, you think you're going to hyperventilate? I don't have those too often, but it's happened to me twice in the past month or so, in connection with FOTC and the WTF board.

The first one was when my friend and I had rented season 1. We had watched the first five or so episodes and laughed through the whole thing. Then we got to the Bowie episode, and there was just something so incredibly random about 1972 David Bowie coming to visit Bret that we just lost it. We didn't know that FOTC had the Bowie song at that time, so I think that made it even more funny because we weren't expecting it. I think sometimes giggle fits can be worse when someone else is in the room and you feed off of each others energy. Anyway, I had to think of something else just to start breathing normally again.

1972 David Bowie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxtbJf5E9i4

The other time I laughed hysterically was when I when one of the WTFers posted about the Amazon.com real ads with fake reviews in the Bret's shirts thread because the three wolf shirt looked like a Bret shirt. I was looking at it around 2 in the morning, and it just struck me as so ridiculous and funny that people would buy these products and write these reviews. I think it was the Zubaz pants that set me over the edge: http://www.amazon.com/Zubaz-Pants/dp/B000WVXM0W

Any other giggle fit stories to share? :lol:
Corrine
Consistently Mediocre

Re: Uncontrollable Giggle Fits

Postby biscuit » Sun May 31, 2009 11:45 am

:rolls: Thank you so much for posting the link to the zubaz reviews!

The first time I wore these pants, I tried to capture the spirit of the animal print from which they came: the Zebracorn (50% Zebra / 50% Unicorn = 100% real. See Google). I would wear these pants with nothing more than Crocs on my feet and hair on my chest, and prance around the block like the mighty, legendary Zebracorn. It was kind of like skipping, using an intermittent hop, kind of a gallop. Yes, definitely a gallop. And I held my hands in front of my chest like I wasn't exactly sure what to do with them.

This made me cry from laughing :rolls:
Thanks to Ariadne at RAC for my gorgeous new avi :-)
biscuit
Give me some scruff and a leather jacket...or just the scruff

Postby 4everconchordsfan » Sun May 31, 2009 5:41 pm

Corrine wrote:You know when you sometimes get those uncontrollable giggle fits, the ones where you laugh so hard, you think you're going to hyperventilate? I don't have those too often, but it's happened to me twice in the past month or so, in connection with FOTC and the WTF board.

The first one was when my friend and I had rented season 1. We had watched the first five or so episodes and laughed through the whole thing. Then we got to the Bowie episode, and there was just something so incredibly random about 1972 David Bowie coming to visit Bret that we just lost it. We didn't know that FOTC had the Bowie song at that time, so I think that made it even more funny because we weren't expecting it. I think sometimes giggle fits can be worse when someone else is in the room and you feed off of each others energy. Anyway, I had to think of something else just to start breathing normally again.

1972 David Bowie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxtbJf5E9i4

The other time I laughed hysterically was when I when one of the WTFers posted about the Amazon.com real ads with fake reviews in the Bret's shirts thread because the three wolf shirt looked like a Bret shirt. I was looking at it around 2 in the morning, and it just struck me as so ridiculous and funny that people would buy these products and write these reviews. I think it was the Zubaz pants that set me over the edge: http://www.amazon.com/Zubaz-Pants/dp/B000WVXM0W

Any other giggle fit stories to share? :lol:

Corrine,

Thanks for sharing that. Omg, that is so funny ive still got tears. Cant wait to pass that on. It is seriously a crack up.
"they're my celebrities, they're what I care about"
4everconchordsfan
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby biscuit » Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:46 pm

My friend just sent me these literal versions of famous songs from youtube. You might've seen them before. Total Eclipse of the Heart is hilarious! :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lj-x9ygQ ... r_embedded
biscuit

Postby ravenhpltc24 » Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:51 am

Ok, this whole thing needs to be posted, because J.C. Murphy is now my new idol. I literally started hyperventilating while reading that review.

"The first time I wore these pants, I tried to capture the spirit of the animal print from which they came: the Zebracorn (50% Zebra / 50% Unicorn = 100% real. See Google). I would wear these pants with nothing more than Crocs on my feet and hair on my chest, and prance around the block like the mighty, legendary Zebracorn. It was kind of like skipping, using an intermittent hop, kind of a gallop. Yes, definitely a gallop. And I held my hands in front of my chest like I wasn't exactly sure what to do with them. People would ask if I was gay as I pranced around. I'd smile, wave, and wish them a happy day too. Then one day my friend explained to me that those people used a redefined meaning of that word. I didn't know they did that! (Change word meanings, I mean.)

So I got worried. No more prancing around the block. To help protect myself from the block bullies who changed words, I decided to take Capoeira lessons. I wore these pants to every lesson. For years worth of lessons, my pants never failed me. They didn't fade, and the stripe lines never blurred. My confidence roared, like a Zebracorn! I was so elite that I entered every Street Fighter contest and won!

I became so confident that people began to call me "cocky". I tried to get them to call me "Corny" in respect to the legendary Zebracorn, but it didn't work. Eventually the name "Cocky" grew on me. I decided to officially adopt it and took on the street fighting name of Giant Cock. My logo was a Cock with a pirate's eye patch. I shaved it into my chest hair! It looked so good with these pants. The women flocked to me like Hens. I asked if they wanted to be my towel girls. They said yes! They were so proud to be able to towel the sweat off the Giant Cock after a fight.

In my youth I was strong and stood tall. But after years of fighting, and just plain old age, I had problems staying up against almost any opponent and would get knocked out easily. Usually less than one round. I had to retire. As a sign of my past life behind, I burned my Cock Fight pants at sea. There were no ashes, just melted goop.

Now, after breakthroughs in science and bad economies, I'm so happy to see these pants make a come back. I've been going through physical therapy, taking steroids, and have started fighting again. I couldn't find a Cock t-shirt to symbolize the rebirth of my career, but I found a wolf one! Breakthrough Wolf T-Shirt - Available in Various Sizes But I still wasn't complete without my Zubaz! I ordered a pair, and am waiting for delivery. Very soon the Giant Cock shall return!

Order a pair of Zubaz pants and you too can be a Giant Cock!

Pros: Turns you into a Giant Cock. Doesn't burn easily.
Cons: None! "

:roll2: :roll2: :roll2:

I'm trying to remember... but I don't think I've ever heard anything more ridiculous in my life.
He's gonna wake up in a smoothie.
ravenhpltc24
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby songbird » Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:01 am

:roll2: :roll2: :roll2: :roll2: :roll2:
That may well be the most hilarious thing I've ever read in my life.
"We're addressing the issues but we're keeping it funky."

Image Image
songbird
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby nonchalant obsession » Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:17 am

biscuit wrote:My friend just sent me these literal versions of famous songs from youtube. You might've seen them before. Total Eclipse of the Heart is hilarious! :lol:

:yay: That was so flipping funny! I literally cried and snorted! Oh, thanks for that biscuit. Are they all that funny? (Like I have time to watch all of them- what with all the tour footage to cover before the big vote!) I so remember that song, too. Hilarius. I love that people take the time to do crazy stuff like that!
Image..Image..Image
nonchalant obsession
WTF!'s Biggest Blasphemer. Apparently.

Postby Corrine » Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:42 am

biscuit wrote:My friend just sent me these literal versions of famous songs from youtube. You might've seen them before. Total Eclipse of the Heart is hilarious! :lol:

Biscuit, that was so hilarious! My friend and I watched it and just roared laughing. I remember the Total Eclipse of the Heart video from the eighties, but didn't realize how weird it was until recently when I saw it again. I'll have to look at some of those other videos too.
Corrine
Consistently Mediocre

Postby Corrine » Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:51 am

I posted this on the funny pics thread, but also wanted to post it here because it did make me laugh so much it was difficult to breath. These are spoofs on motivational posters. My personal favorite is the "Priorities" poster, but I also liked the "Mediocrity" and "Ambition" ones.

After clicking on the link, scroll down to see the posters and motivational saying.

http://despair.com/lithographs.html
Corrine
Consistently Mediocre

Postby Faith » Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:59 am

Cluelessness: There are No Stupid Questions. But there a LOT of Inquisitive Idiots.

:rolls:
Faith
A pastry chef and a sniper

Postby nonchalant obsession » Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:39 pm

Faith: I like your avatar!
Image..Image..Image
nonchalant obsession

Postby Faith » Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:44 pm

nonchalant obsession wrote:Faith: I like your avatar!

Thanks! Got it at a Conchord icon community over on Livejournal, so I can't take credit. I'm not clever enough to make these on my own.
Faith
A pastry chef and a sniper

Postby Corrine » Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:45 pm

I'm glad you guys liked the Zubaz pants so much. That cracked me up. I went back and looked, and a link to the three wolf shirt was originally posted by Jillbean in the Bret's shirts thread, and then Trefusis posted a link to the pants.

Other WTF posts that totally cracked me up were:

The Mom Song post by LauraK

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QitzqXZq6w

(I think I watched it 50 times and it cracked me up every time.)

The Emo Hair posted by Dagmar on the Inspirations thread:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqSfftnS ... ture=fvsrI

We were talking about it in reference to "Fashion is Danger". I have never heard of "Emo" before. I'm starting to wonder if it was a European thing. It reminds me of South Park. I noticed they mentioned "Emo-boy" in the Bonnie Tyler spoof video above.

Here's something else that I just accidentally came across that made me laugh today.
"Silent Monks singing the Hallelujah chorus"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCFCeJTEzNU
Corrine
Consistently Mediocre

Postby nonchalant obsession » Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:52 pm

Corrine: The Silent Monks were great! :clap: I just sent that to everyone I know. That must have been so hard to learn. When they started with their feet I lost it. :lol:
Image..Image..Image
nonchalant obsession

Postby biscuit » Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:59 pm

Wishes Lithograph

When you wish upon a falling star, your dreams can come true. Unless it's really a meteorite hurtling to the Earth which will destroy all life. Then you're pretty much hosed no matter what you wish for. Unless it's death by meteor.

:rolls:
biscuit

Next

Return to General