It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:59 pm

New film from novel Predicament (link in 1st post) SPOILERS

AKA as HipHopapotamus, half of the Humourbeasts, Action Fighter, Dr Chevalier and Jarrod in Eagle vs Shark! Nuff said. You can write the rest!

Moderator: SuzyBatt

Re: New film from novel Predicament

Postby dandy lyons » Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:52 am

Thanks for the info and articles, Sherry! Looks like we have quite a few projects from the guys to look forward to! :)

SuzyBatt wrote:Hmm, I wonder if filming will be around the time that dandy lyons will be in NZ... :hrm:

Well, the article said 7 weeks over July & August and I will be in NZ for the first 3 weeks of July so chances are... Most of my time will be spent in Auckland & Wellington area as I'm visiting friends, so I doubt I'll be venturing as far as Taranaki anyway.
Gar·funk·ling (verb) Funky cuddling with the candles twinkling.
dandy lyons
Consistently Mediocre

Postby songbird » Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:55 am

Thanks for the info Sherry! :D

Sounds interesting. I guess Jemaine doesn't mind diving right into another project so quickly...
"We're addressing the issues but we're keeping it funky."

Image Image
songbird
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby SuzyBatt » Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:06 am

http://www.mightyape.co.nz/product/Predicament/2741303/

Hmm, those glasses on the book cover look familiar... :geek:
SuzyBatt
Lucky for me I have a short attention sp ....

Postby bakergirl30 » Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:17 am

Thanks for the info Sherry!

I SO look forward to see what the guys do outside of FOTC! Seeing (and hearing in the case with Bret) what they've done so far outside of FOTC has been all pretty awesome!

YAY! for new projects! :yay:
bakergirl30
Crying tears of a rapper

Postby mockingbird » Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:44 am

From the Author Biography in the link Suzy posted:
Morrieson's fear that he might be 'another of those poor buggers who gets discovered when they're dead', was to be cruelly prophetic.

Hee hee! Sorry, man. :goodman:
mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

Postby Sherry » Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:27 am

mockingbird wrote:That made me smile too. They're very pragmatic, lol. I agree that Jemaine sounds perfect for a 1930's crime comedy. So much for down time though, huh?

I don't know I think it'll be fun and enjoyable for him. He'll be working with friends, near home and family, is having a break I am sure and is just doing what he has hoped to be able to do for a long while now. Work on other projects outside of the Conchords. I think compared to the whole Conchords thing, anything else is down time :lol:
Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby mockingbird » Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:06 pm

Sherry wrote: I think compared to the whole Conchords thing, anything else is down time :lol:

Good point.
mockingbird

Postby mockingbird » Sat Jun 06, 2009 5:28 pm

I think it's interesting how the articles on the film seem to focus on economic concerns. Are movies in NZ funded mostly by the government, like an arts endowment or something, instead of private investors like in the US? Sorry for my ignorance, what can I say, I'm a typical American I guess. ;)

Also - where did that list of the people in the movie go? I saw it around here somewhere... :hrm: edit - Oh never mind, I was mixing up "Diagnosis: Death" with this film. So who's in this one besides Jemaine?
mockingbird

Postby kellysouthpaw » Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:50 pm

For as lazy as Jemaine claims to be, nothing I've seen or heard of him comes off that way. If anything he sounds like a work-a-holic :lol:
kellysouthpaw
She's like Switzerland

Postby eorious » Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:31 pm

Corrine wrote:I'll have to track down this book...Thanks for the news Sherry!

My copy just arrived in the mail yesterday. :D I ordered it the minute I read Sherry's announcement. I think it's out of print but amazon had quite a few cheap used copies. It will be fun trying to figure out which character Jemaine is playing as I read it. We haven't heard anything about his role in the film yet, have we?
eorious
Consistently Mediocre

Postby nonchalant obsession » Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:34 pm

eorious wrote:
Corrine wrote:I'll have to track down this book...Thanks for the news Sherry!

My copy just arrived in the mail yesterday. :D I ordered it the minute I read Sherry's announcement. I think it's out of print but amazon had quite a few cheap used copies. It will be fun trying to figure out which character Jemaine is playing as I read it. We haven't heard anything about his role in the film yet, have we?

I'm quite anxious to hear what you think of the book. Keep us posted. K?
Image..Image..Image
nonchalant obsession
WTF!'s Biggest Blasphemer. Apparently.

Postby prettyrobyngirl » Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:37 pm

kellysouthpaw wrote:For as lazy as Jemaine claims to be, nothing I've seen or heard of him comes off that way. If anything he sounds like a work-a-holic :lol:

Agreed. He seems to be in a lot coming up. I am happy that most of it is in NZ though- those boys deserve some time at home...
Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination.
prettyrobyngirl
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby Sherry » Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:28 pm

http://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainment/fi ... -Kiwi-film

Conchords star linked to Kiwi film - By RICHARD WOODD - Taranaki Daily News Last updated 05:00 18/06/2009

Jemaine Clement, one half of the world famous Kiwi musical comedy duo Flight of the Conchords, has been tipped for an acting role in Predicament.

Predicament, the only remaining unfilmed novel by Hawera author Ronald Hugh Morrieson, is being produced in South Taranaki by Midnight Productions, with seven weeks of filming due to start next month.

Midnight Productions did not respond to a request for confirmation that Clement has a role.

But Clement's involvement was leaked through a Conchords fan club website, which quoted an interview with Predicament director Jason Stutter where he said: "We're currently putting together the finance to shoot a comedy-crime-caper feature film, which has Jemaine Clement from HBO's Flight of the Conchords attached."

Clement has so far acted in nine movies, the most recent Stutter's Diagnosis Death, filmed secretly in Wellington last year. This has been described as a Jackson-esque horror spoof about people who start hallucinating after experimental cancer treatment. United States and British distributors bought rights to the film at the Cannes festival in May.

The announcement of Predicament said it was being aimed at a young audience, but there has been no information released about who will play the lead roles, which include two voluptuous women in steamy sex scenes.

The production company is planning an official launch, at which casting and other details of the movie will be announced.

If Clement, 35, is signed up for Predicament, it's likely he will play one of the leading male characters, Cedric Williamson or Mervyn Toebeck.

The film company is now setting up a full production base in central Hawera, in the disused former Warehouse building, with a workforce of up to 50 people, and set building has begun.
Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby LauraK » Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:36 pm

But Clement's involvement was leaked through a Conchords fan club website, which quoted an interview with Predicament director Jason Stutter where he said: "We're currently putting together the finance to shoot a comedy-crime-caper feature film, which has Jemaine Clement from HBO's Flight of the Conchords attached."

:D Sherry, you're the leaker, right? 8)
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image
LauraK
Boom King!

Postby Sherry » Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:46 pm

LauraK wrote:

:D Sherry, you're the leaker, right? 8)

Hehe, well I hope the info is correct.

The interview with Jason he did say about Jemaine being attached to the film project (although he didn't mention the name of the film). So here is hoping when they finally announce the casting Jemaine is still on board :worry:
Sherry
Professional Blonde

PreviousNext

Return to Jemaine Clement