The official sig and avatar appreciation thread

Conchords news, chit chat, waffle and conversation. Also convo about Bret and Jemaine in Conchords mode

Moderators: SuzyBatt, Venus

Re: The official sig and avatar appreciation thread

Postby nonchalant obsession » Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:14 pm

mockingbird wrote:It's definitely Bret. Jemaine has much blockier hands. (I am aware of this because 1. they look just like my husband's and 2. I am a little obsessed with Jemaine, if truth be told. ;))

You are? :D :lol:

Well, I just want to be sure. They are fine hands to be sure, but before I comment, thought I'd better know. Maybe they belong to a Mr. Helgecko or something.
Image..Image..Image
nonchalant obsession
WTF!'s Biggest Blasphemer. Apparently.

Postby mockingbird » Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:18 pm

I know, it's a shocking revelation. :lol:

Now that I look at it again, I'm having second thoughts... the wrists look too slender to be Jemaine's, and Bret has those veins on the backs of his hands. So I'm sticking with Bret. But, what I can see of the outfit looks like something Jemaine would wear, i.e. the white t-shirt and the shorts. Hmm..... :hrm: Am I putting too much thought into this?? :lol: I need a (different) hobby. ;)
mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

Postby nonchalant obsession » Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:36 pm

Where is that helgecko, sleeping? I know she's on the other side of the world, but we wanna know! :waiting:

Mock - I LOVE your av, if I haven't told you already. That guy! :heart: I love the way he loves his fans!
Image..Image..Image
nonchalant obsession

Postby Sherry » Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:50 pm

Sherry wrote:
SheWolf wrote:Since the only threads I can usually find are the ones I've somehow managed to find once and bookmarked it is indeed a miracle of sorts that I just found this thread. And seeing that so many folks enjoyed my former sig (sadly powers that be asked that I remove them) I'll repost here for posterity.

Yup, alas I had to. It totaled about 12MB with all 8 gifs. Which is like me posting 12 full size photos (ie not scaled down in size at all) in one post. So basically a lot :lol: Not really ideal for a sig :rolleyes:

Or put it another way as Max explained earlier today and had me going :shock: :shock: :shock: :thud:

O2 have the iPhone network coverage in the UK. Opening a thread with your sig in it would not cost on the UK phone plan within the UK as you pay a bundle amount for a month. However, if I were to take the same phone overseas and use it while there to open the same page, it would cost about £75 just to view your sig in a page.

How? Because if going overseas with a UK iPhone they charge your data transfer by the MB then. So 12MB would be very pricey :lol:

Gotta love WiFi :lol:
Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby CailenBraern » Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:15 pm

They are indeed Bret's hands, and you can see them, along with other gorgeous facets of his personality in the Black Seeds' video for One by One.

As a lover...I was seriously inexperienced.
CailenBraern
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby nonchalant obsession » Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:40 pm

Thanks CB! I can't wait to get home and rewatch the video. (now that i have an excuse)
Image..Image..Image
nonchalant obsession

Postby nonchalant obsession » Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:52 pm

CailenBraern wrote:They are indeed Bret's hands, and you can see them, along with other gorgeous facets of his personality in the Black Seeds' video for One by One.

Ah yis. Very nice. :heart: Thanks Cailen.

Helgecko: Now that I am satisfied that the avatar is truly Bret, let me express my appreciation for your appreciation of his hands (and a bit of arm)...

:yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:
:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
:waggle: :heart: :waggle: :heart: :waggle: :heart:
Image..Image..Image
nonchalant obsession

Postby helgecko » Sat Jun 13, 2009 2:07 am

:lol:

YIS! CB is correct! :D
I snipped it from the "The Killer"

It's all about the music.

Image Image Image Image
helgecko
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby nonchalant obsession » Sat Jun 13, 2009 2:16 am

Wow, I never noticed that photo in the montage. My eyes were always drawn to the "eyes". :thud:
Image..Image..Image
nonchalant obsession

Postby mockingbird » Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:23 am

nonchalant obsession wrote:Mock - I LOVE your av, if I haven't told you already. That guy! :heart: I love the way he loves his fans!

I know... he's so great. (Bret is not impressed. :lol:)
mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

Postby Faith » Sat Jun 13, 2009 7:37 am

All the talk of the angry dance in the Bret photo thread made me change my avatar accordingly. :)
Faith
A pastry chef and a sniper

Postby curlisue » Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:39 am

LauraK wrote:My sig line has been the same for about 7-8 years. I do tend to change my avatars/sig pics depending on mood and what I'm watching. When Dexter's back, I expect he'll appear at my other boards, but here- only J. :love:

Oh my LauraK, I can't believe you just mentioned Dexter in the same breath as the guys! :o We're big fans of Dexter too,and have on occasion thought that Dexter looks sorta like a fair (and specs-less) Jemaine. Obviously, there's no one truly like Jemaine :drool: , but they do seem to me to be similar 'types'. Has anyone else made this comparison? :
Sometimes when I'm freestyling...I lose confidence
curlisue

Postby CailenBraern » Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:52 am

I made a Lily avatar which I'm using on another forum (Not fotc-related). I'm still dithering over whether to change Bret. I think Lily needs a bit of work first.

As a lover...I was seriously inexperienced.
CailenBraern

Postby nonchalant obsession » Sat Jun 13, 2009 2:08 pm

CailenBraern wrote:I made a Lily avatar which I'm using on another forum (Not fotc-related). I'm still dithering over whether to change Bret. I think Lily needs a bit of work first.

Aww, your lily gif is lovely.

I vote for keeping Bret. Wait, are we voting? Sorry. Spending too much time on the T-Shirt Smack Down, and the Tour Video threads. :wink:

It is fun to change them up. But, sigh. I'll miss them when they're gone.

If you change it, please post Bret on this thread so we can visit him. :nod: :thanks:
Image..Image..Image
nonchalant obsession

Postby LauraK » Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:55 pm

curlisue wrote:
LauraK wrote:My sig line has been the same for about 7-8 years. I do tend to change my avatars/sig pics depending on mood and what I'm watching. When Dexter's back, I expect he'll appear at my other boards, but here- only J. :love:

Oh my LauraK, I can't believe you just mentioned Dexter in the same breath as the guys! :o We're big fans of Dexter too,and have on occasion thought that Dexter looks sorta like a fair (and specs-less) Jemaine. Obviously, there's no one truly like Jemaine :drool: , but they do seem to me to be similar 'types'. Has anyone else made this comparison? :

Hmmmm, they do have the same body-type, I think....I never really compared them. All I know is I went kinda gaga over Dex when I first watched it and Jemaine?? P'shaw.....he's real. I love the Jemaine on the show but more so the real Jemaine....at least what I know of him. He's gorgeous and talented and just a good human being. :)

I'm not so interested in Michael C. Hall in real life.....he's a good-lookin guy but we lovelovelove Dexter Morgan! Jemaine has got it all goin on. :D
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image
LauraK
Boom King!

PreviousNext

Return to Flight of The Conchords