It is currently Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:00 pm

3rd season speculation

The place for all Conchords HBO convo

Moderator: Venus

Re: 3rd season speculation

Postby kellysouthpaw » Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:14 am

LauraK wrote:I'm content with the way it ended and it feels over and done to me. They took their shot in NY and while they had fun and a lot of adventures, they wound up home again, where even as shepherds they found joy in making music together. And apparently, Murray wound up as their shepherding manager, lol.
A very satisfying end, to me. :) At least now that I've had time to think about it.

That's one question I was not asking them the other night. They've probably had to field it hundreds of times already.

So, I will speculate that we'll always have our beloved 2 seasons and that will be it. Bret and Jemaine will go on to make tons of other things that we'll enjoy, without a doubt. :D

And, as long as Jemaine was speaking the truth the other night, they'll be doing another US tour :pray:
kellysouthpaw
She's like Switzerland

Postby Bad Atom » Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:10 am

Yeah, I wouldn't have asked them about it either. If anything (and I'm sure some of you here might have killed me for this) I would have asked them not to do a third season. Leave the audience wanting more. And their music is versatile enough that it's worked as a live performance, a radio show, and a TV show. Why confine them to the one format?
Bad Atom
The "Play Whatever You Want!" Guy

A Development!

Postby Great H » Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:21 pm

Found this wee nugget in an NZ TV guide article about Rhys Darby (I've posted the whole thing in the Rhys section) but thought this bit was worth highlighting...

So! A third series has actually been commissioned eh?! Woo! Just up to J&B to accept now! :D
Great H
Stop touching the monkeys

Postby mohumbhai mania » Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:21 am

if this is true, they are probably gonna take their sweet old time.
Too much time on too many hands - too many ladies, not enough mans

I am bike-cheese!
mohumbhai mania
Can Attack!

Postby Sherry » Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:35 am

Thanks for this :)

I'd heard a rumour a while back about this third season. TBH I think its the networks way of trying to put pressure on them to accept. Making it known and getting (certain) fans hopes up also. Putting the guys on the spot.

I think its a but crappy of HBO to go about it this way. Maybe its the normal way, I've no idea. But I kind of think that asking the guys if they want to consider a third season or asking them if they want to make another is more polite. And then if they do, commission a third.

I await to see what they do with interest. I personally think with thier own families now and having spent the last 3 years working full time on Conchords they will walk away. Or wait a couple of years (and see if HBO are interested then). These early years with babies and toddlers are precious, I can see them choosing a life over the show.

Also they may be throughly sick of anything and everything Conchords wise :lol:
Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby helgecko » Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:46 am

run awaaaayyy!!!

who said that? :worry:
It's all about the music.

Image Image Image Image
helgecko
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby mohumbhai mania » Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:10 pm

Sherry, this kind of thing isn't usual, but it isn't uncommon.
I see it happening when a big star's contract is up and they are in a good place.
And the Conchords are in a great place.

But at the very least, I hope they spend some time having money fights and playing with their babies for a few years. And then come back when they feel re-energized. :drinkers:
Too much time on too many hands - too many ladies, not enough mans

I am bike-cheese!
mohumbhai mania
Can Attack!

Postby antialiasis » Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:45 pm

Didn't HBO talk about the possibility of a third season as a late 2010-2011 thing? I think they definitely want a break now, but the question is how long.
antialiasis
New arrival

Postby mockingbird » Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:51 pm

I personally don't really care if they do a third season or not. If they do, I agree with the others who said they want the guys to have a good long break to do other things and rejuvenate themselves creatively and emotionally. I want them to do it on their own terms and I have no doubt that they will, as they seem to do everything else.

What I DO care about is, I want them to do another tour with new material. In fact I want them to do this BEFORE the third season, if there is one. That way it'll all be new and fresh. And I want them to kick off the tour in Lexington Kentucky, and I want them to send me back stage passes. That's not too much to ask, is it? ;)
mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

Postby CailenBraern » Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:11 pm

Yis it is. They need to come here first. We've been neglected.

As a lover...I was seriously inexperienced.
CailenBraern
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby helgecko » Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:42 pm

well, not only have we Aussies been neglected, we've also been abused.
and, quite frankly, I personally won't be able to forgive them until they tour here and give out copious hugs :hrmpf:

Image Image Image Image
helgecko

Postby Venus » Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:24 am

CailenBraern wrote:Yis it is. They need to come here first. We've been neglected.

Ditto that. The UK (well London to be specific) needs love too.
Yeah I can't see them working on a third season right away if they do decide to go along with it. For now, all I want is for them to tour the UK within the next year so I can see them live :pray:. Now that's not too much to ask ;)
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter
Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Postby ItsAllRyche » Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:47 am

helgecko wrote:well, not only have we Aussies been neglected, we've also been abused.
and, quite frankly, I personally won't be able to forgive them until they tour here and give out copious hugs :hrmpf:

Well Arj loves you guys !! I am sure he'll put in a good word, that is just how cool he is. :wink:
[img]Arj-Barker-Banner-arj-barker-230459_800_100[/img]
ItsAllRyche
Stop touching the monkeys

Postby helgecko » Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:50 am

Yeah! :D

come on Arj, say it with me: "Don't worry about the way they smell, or their bad attitudes, or the fact that they mock your accents and your sheep-loving ways, it's just all part of their unique charm! Give 'em some love guys, what else have they got to live for?!" :thumb:

... yeah, I reckon playing the pity card is our best bet...
Last edited by helgecko on Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Image Image Image Image
helgecko

Postby bakergirl30 » Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:55 am

mockingbird wrote:I personally don't really care if they do a third season or not. If they do, I agree with the others who said they want the guys to have a good long break to do other things and rejuvenate themselves creatively and emotionally. I want them to do it on their own terms and I have no doubt that they will, as they seem to do everything else.

What I DO care about is, I want them to do another tour with new material. In fact I want them to do this BEFORE the third season, if there is one. That way it'll all be new and fresh. And I want them to kick off the tour in Lexington Kentucky, and I want them to send me back stage passes. That's not too much to ask, is it? ;)

I agree and I don't think so Mock. Kentucky is totally drivable for me :wink:

edit: NOT that it's all about me.. :blush:
ImageImageImageImage
bakergirl30
Crying tears of a rapper

PreviousNext

Return to HBO TV series