It is currently Sat Nov 29, 2014 4:26 am

3rd season speculation

The place for all Conchords HBO convo

Moderator: Venus

Re: 3rd season speculation

Postby deliriumtree » Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:31 am

I agree with you completely Mockingbird! The tv shows great, but seeing them live was so much better! I really don't care if they do a 3rd season just so long as they'll tour now and then. I'll let you have the kick off, but somewhere in the triangle in North Carolina is next. Asheville, NC would work too, cause it's epic pretty there and it's my favorite place in the state to visit. I would also like backstage passes or a small chat with them in an animal shelter (no crowds and I'd feel at home surrounded by dogs) since we're talking hypothetical stuff.
"Hey Ya'll, I'm destroying your city!" And the Bret and Jemaine angels looked on in approval.
deliriumtree
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby Bad Atom » Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:48 am

HBO... (shakes fist) If a third season does come to pass :hrmpf: hopefully they can compromise and do a shorter season, maybe six episodes instead of 10 or 12.
Bad Atom
The "Play Whatever You Want!" Guy

Postby deliriumtree » Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:11 am

What exactly does it mean it's "commissioned" anyways? (not really getting peoples reactions and am a bit lost...) Does that give that give them less power to say no? Or does it mean they would do a third season with guys that sort of look like Bret and Jemaine and sort of take their creation or....??? Just cause Hbo wants something doesn't mean they have to get it right?
"Hey Ya'll, I'm destroying your city!" And the Bret and Jemaine angels looked on in approval.
deliriumtree

Postby helgecko » Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:32 am

As far as I'm aware delirium, all it means is that HBO have laid their cards on the table (so to speak) and stated that yes, they would definitely want to make a 3rd season, and it's up to the guys to either accept or reject that offer.

It doesn't give the guys less power to say no, it just means the ball is in their court, and they may be feeling pressure now (from fans, and possibly other people linked with the show) to accept.

I have no doubt that the guys (probably including James Bobin) would have full creative copyright of the characters and show concept, and there's no way anyone else could make the show without them.
It's all about the music.

Image Image Image Image
helgecko

Postby deliriumtree » Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:07 pm

Oh! Thank you! I'm glad that Hbo can't just take someone elses stuff and run with it. I heard a rumor that during the writers strike that fox threatened to make episodes of family guy independent of Seth Macfarlain (sp?), so was worried it was something like that.

So basically it's a little corporate pressure thing then. Hopefully, they can ignore any pressure that's put on them and walk away if that's what they want. Especially if they're burned out. Burn out is awful, I've been there. Maybe they should come bathe dogs for me for a bit, they'd be experts at saying no under pressure after a just a month. I had a lady leave 8 messages last night..."Hello, I'm outside your salon, I see you have a closed sign up and the door's locked. (ya think we might be closed lady?!) I need my dog groomed tonight." Yep, no problems whatsoever saying no. :D That's what I want most for them!
deliriumtree

Postby helgecko » Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:06 am

I completely agree, delirium.
I really hoping that they're not too flippin' nice to say no if they're not 100% keen to do it.
I hope they don't think "it'd be impolite not to" :wink:
It's all about the music.

Image Image Image Image
helgecko

Postby deliriumtree » Sat Jul 04, 2009 3:18 am

Exactly! Also you never do a good job of anything your heart's not in. If you're sick of something it generally shows.
deliriumtree

Postby CailenBraern » Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:13 am

I think they shouldn't do a third season, just skip straight to a fourth.

As a lover...I was seriously inexperienced.
CailenBraern
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby Peaches » Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:59 am

CailenBraern wrote:I think they shouldn't do a third season, just skip straight to a fourth.

Haha!

:roll2:
"Item 4 on the agenda: Stuff you!"

"Who else? Mur.. Ray... Oh. Greg's written this, he's put the R's too far apart. It's Murray.. Murray present"

ImageImage
ImageImageImage
Peaches
Getting lewd with the food

Postby songbird » Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:44 pm

CailenBraern wrote:I think they shouldn't do a third season, just skip straight to a fourth.

Good one! Bret actually said something like that as well in an interview a while back...
"We're addressing the issues but we're keeping it funky."

Image Image
songbird

Postby CailenBraern » Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:34 pm

You may be right. It's likely I may have heard it from another comedian as well. I am nowhere near as witty or original to come up with that myself. But it would be interesting if they did it. Of course, it could never be done, it would always be the third.

As a lover...I was seriously inexperienced.
CailenBraern
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby Peaches » Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:07 am

CailenBraern wrote: I am nowhere near as witty or original to come up with that myself.

Awww, but I got all excited thinking you came up with that yourself!
"Item 4 on the agenda: Stuff you!"

"Who else? Mur.. Ray... Oh. Greg's written this, he's put the R's too far apart. It's Murray.. Murray present"

ImageImage
ImageImageImage
Peaches
Getting lewd with the food

Postby Panda..ness » Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:10 am

didnt the boosh boys say that once? :P

Why did i get double stuffed?
Panda..ness
Consistently Mediocre

Postby funny schipperke » Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:07 pm

Emmy-nominated "Flight of the Conchords" also likely will return; executives made the prospect of a third season sound probable.

"When they're ready, we're ready," Plepler said of the show's musical comedy duo, Bret McKenzie and Jemaine Clement. "They have the added challenge of writing an album ... we're waiting for them to tell us they're ready."

source: http://www.reuters.com/article/televisi ... 7X20090731

:hrm:
Image Image
funny schipperke

Postby SheWolf » Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:13 pm

I think this goes back to them never giving it a firm no. Of course HBO would like them back and so would we. But what they want to do is still anyone's guess.
Last edited by SheWolf on Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
90% evil
ImageImage
SheWolf
Boom King!

PreviousNext

Return to HBO TV series