It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:21 pm

Despicable Me

AKA as HipHopapotamus, half of the Humourbeasts, Action Fighter, Dr Chevalier and Jarrod in Eagle vs Shark! Nuff said. You can write the rest!

Moderator: Nancy

Re: Despicable Me

Postby JulesJules » Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:59 pm

I don't know how the credits will be, but in that article, Jemaine got a mention before Julie Andrews. Wow.
JulesJules
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby Nancy » Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:11 am

JulesJules wrote:I don't know how the credits will be, but in that article, Jemaine got a mention before Julie Andrews. Wow.

Totally :offtopic: , but Jules, how did your charitable event/shearing go? I'm sorry I forgot to sponsor you. :oops:
PM me if you like.
Oh, fish-like Lady
Lady-like Fish
I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady
No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit
La-dy-ish! Yeah!
Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Ozpot » Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:59 am

Thanks for the trailer, DemonWoman. :D
It looks quite interesting. If only it showed a tiny clip of Jemaine, though.
Then again, I complain about everything.
ImageImage
Ozpot
Getting lewd with the food

Postby funny schipperke » Wed Jul 15, 2009 3:10 am

That looks cute! And I love Steve Carell. I didn't catch Jemaine, though. Which character does he do the voice for?
Image Image
funny schipperke
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby vmh » Wed Jul 15, 2009 3:14 am

Awesome! Thanks DemonWoman!

I tried to listen in to see if I could catch Jemaine's voice but sometimes it's not always so easy. The IMDb page doesn't list his character(s).

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1323594/
James Bobin: “It’s like a five-year-old and a three-year-old. Jemaine’s the five-year-old, and Bret’s the three-year-old. They’re both wrong, but the five-year-old thinks he’s right.”
vmh
A tasty piece of pastry

Postby Nancy » Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:53 am

Having grown up with the old, hand-drawn Disney cartoon movies, this is just amazing to look at. :thumb:
I had to look twice at the release date - 2010? Oy, a long wait in store for this one. :waiting:

Thanks for posting this Demon Woman. :D
Oh, fish-like Lady
Lady-like Fish
I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady
No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit
La-dy-ish! Yeah!
Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby 4everconchordsfan » Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:03 am

Nancy wrote:Having grown up with the old, hand-drawn Disney cartoon movies, this is just amazing to look at. :thumb:
I had to look twice at the release date - 2010? Oy, a long wait in store for this one. :waiting:

Nancy, i'm giving away my age yet again but I remember when Disney's Jungle Book came out, it is still my most favorite Disney movie. The animation is gorgeous and the music is amazing. When I see the new stuff Disney is releasing like G Force it boggles my mind. Don't ya just love both the old & the new?

Found a little synopsis for Despicable Me:

Despicable Me

Release Date: July 9, 2010
Studio: Universal Pictures
Director: Chris Renaud, Pierre Coffin
Screenwriter: Cinco Paul, Ken Daurio
Starring: Steve Carell, Jason Segel, Russell Brand, Will Arnett, Kristen Wiig, Danny McBride, Miranda Cosgrove, Jack McBrayer, Mindy Kaling, Jemaine Clement, Julie Andrews

Genre: Animation, Comedy

Official Website: Despicable.me

Plot Summary: In a happy suburban neighborhood surrounded by white picket fences with flowering rose bushes, sits a black house with a dead lawn. Unbeknownst to the neighbors, hidden beneath this home is a vast secret hideout. Surrounded by a small army of minions, we discover Gru (voiced by Steve Carell), planning the biggest heist in the history of the world. He is going to steal the moon (Yes, the moon!) in Universal's new 3-D CGI feature, "Despicable Me."

Gru delights in all things wicked. Armed with his arsenal of shrink rays, freeze rays, and battle-ready vehicles for land and air, he vanquishes all who stand in his way. Until the day he encounters the immense will of three little orphaned girls who look at him and see something that no one else has ever seen: a potential Dad.

The world's greatest villain has just met his greatest challenge: three little girls named Margo, Edith and Agnes.

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Despicabl ... 1121877591
"they're my celebrities, they're what I care about"
4everconchordsfan

Postby DaMango » Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:03 pm

Wow! This is awesome! I feel my inner teenage fangurl emerging at the thought of hearing Jemaine's gorgeous voice in a family film. :love:

And what an all-star cast! I'm definitely looking forward to this. Whenever I see kid movies in the theater, I seem to enjoy it more than the children sitting around me. (You should have seen the dirty looks I was getting from a couple of 8 year olds when I was singing and clapping along to Happy Feet, LOL!)
DaMango
Stop touching the monkeys

Postby LauraK » Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:15 pm

I can't wait to hear more about this and what character Jemaine will be voicing.

I love the animated movies, too, Damango. We're going to see UP tomorrow and I think I'm more excited than Jake. :) They always always make me cry and I already know enough about UP to be sure and have tissues in my movie-purse. ;)
I've seen Shrek about a gazillion times, and the scene where Fiona receives true love's first kiss by Shrek and then stays an ogre destroys me every time. Love that movie!
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image
LauraK
Boom King!

Postby bakergirl30 » Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:31 pm

My Boys are at that age where they don't want to go see animated movies but if I can drag them there they usually are fine after that! This will be one where I will have to drag them to go see! LOL
ImageImageImageImage
bakergirl30
Crying tears of a rapper

Postby songbird » Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:44 pm

Yay! This sounds exciting. I love it when Jem does the voices for animated stuff. I could've listened to his voice in "The Drinky Crow Show" over and over again...(but just that part, the rest of the show was kinda not my thing).
"We're addressing the issues but we're keeping it funky."

Image Image
songbird

Postby bakergirl30 » Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:47 pm

songbird wrote:Yay! This sounds exciting. I love it when Jem does the voices for animated stuff. I could've listened to his voice in "The Drinky Crow Show" over and over again...(but just that part, the rest of the show was kinda not my thing).

"Hail to the hive queen!" Love that. :lol:
ImageImageImageImage
bakergirl30
Crying tears of a rapper

Postby songbird » Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:53 pm

bakergirl30 wrote:
songbird wrote:Yay! This sounds exciting. I love it when Jem does the voices for animated stuff. I could've listened to his voice in "The Drinky Crow Show" over and over again...(but just that part, the rest of the show was kinda not my thing).

"Hail to the hive queen!" Love that. :lol:

Best part of the show :roll2:
"We're addressing the issues but we're keeping it funky."

Image Image
songbird

Postby LikeACurry » Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:25 am

I'm also interested in Jemaine's character in this one, nonetheless the trailer looks viry funny :D
Oh, it was always "Bowie's bumped into a door..."
ImageImageImage
LikeACurry
Consistently Mediocre

Postby vmh » Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:21 pm

I'm not much of a animated, family movie type of person. I love old Disney though (for nostalgic reasons). But I'll be seeing this one obviously.
James Bobin: “It’s like a five-year-old and a three-year-old. Jemaine’s the five-year-old, and Bret’s the three-year-old. They’re both wrong, but the five-year-old thinks he’s right.”
vmh
A tasty piece of pastry

PreviousNext

Return to Jemaine Clement