It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:23 am

Mermaids (any tabs?)

Erm, music, lyrics and tabs. Asking about Conchords music, lyrics or tabs please post here.

Moderator: Nancy

Mermaids (any tabs?)

Postby ThreeHoursToNewYork » Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:56 am

Apologies if this is elsewhere, but I just want to eulogise about my favourite Conchords song "Mermaids". The lyrics, the music, the banter in the live version and the great visuals on the HBO TV Show, for me its the lads at their weirdest and funniest. "Oh fish-like lady! O lady-like fish!"

I'm sorry to make my first post a dirty request, but I tried to earn my keep with the paragraph above detailing my unstoppable love for this song. And that's the only type of love that counts y'know - the unstoppable kind. :goodman:

So anybody have any tabs/links to the glory that is "Mermaid/s"?

Thanks

"We can agree she definitely has breasts"
"How do y'know did you grope her?"
"No she would have battered me (thank you), she was still in school (woah! thank you very much!)"
ThreeHoursToNewYork
New arrival

Re: Mermaids (any tabs?)

Postby mockingbird » Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:28 pm

Did you check the tabs section of this site? I kinda doubt it's there but ya never know. Nancy, a long time member of this board, also has an unstoppable love for this song. I hope she comes along and drops in her two cents.

Here is some tab for guitar, I haven't tried to play it so I don't know how accurate it is.
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/f/f ... ds_crd.htm

Here it is for uke. :)
http://ukulelehunt.com/wp-content/uploa ... rmaids.pdf
mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

Postby ThreeHoursToNewYork » Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:46 am

Thanks for this! I played the guitar tab through and its sounds broadly right, its just the intro doesn't sound quite on, and also the middle vocal "aaah ohhh aiya aiya" - sounds like there should there more than just the two chords on that bit.

But this is a fine thing, I can maybe fill in those gaps if I get the blueprints from city hall and get to know the architecture of my guitar a little bit.

Nancy - full on.
ThreeHoursToNewYork
New arrival

Postby Nancy » Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:00 am

I'm finally here with my two cents! :wave:
Sorry, I never played it, so I can't help with chords or tabs.
Sounds like Mock set you in the right direction. It may not be on the first page of threads, but most of the older FTW songs are covered here. You may have to do a bit of digging, but I think it's around somewhere.

I just did a very quick check and I didn't find it, but if you want to look closer you may have better luck. I'm surprised it's not there. :dunno:
Oh, fish-like Lady
Lady-like Fish
I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady
No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit
La-dy-ish! Yeah!
Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Return to Music, lyrics and tabs