It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:58 am

Rhys says "Hi"

Rhys Darby, the legend that is Murray. Everything and anything to do with Rhys post it here please.

Moderator: Venus

Rhys says "Hi"

Postby vmh » Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:50 am

Good morning all! I just returned not too long ago from Rhys's gig at The Music Box in Hollywood. I met up with Elena (bakergirl30) and it was awesome.

Seven of us waited outside the back entrance. One of the guards was pretty cool. One wasn't so cool. But it doesn't matter because we met Rhys! We saw Rosie standing near the exit and Rhys's son came running after him and hugged his leg. Finn is adorable, btw!

I don't want to spoil the show for those who have yet to see him (even though you could probably find some of his stand-up on youtube). All I can say is: Go see him! He's hilarious and loveable and was nice to us. What more could you ask for?

And as promised to songbird, here's a message from Rhys. I'm sorry it's so dark. You'll find that it is often dark in LA around 11PM. But I assure you, it's Rhys. There's no mistaking that voice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQjBXq2LAzI
James Bobin: “It’s like a five-year-old and a three-year-old. Jemaine’s the five-year-old, and Bret’s the three-year-old. They’re both wrong, but the five-year-old thinks he’s right.”
vmh
A tasty piece of pastry

Re: Rhys says "Hi"

Postby 4everconchordsfan » Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:25 pm

V, that is so cool. You are the bist!
"they're my celebrities, they're what I care about"
4everconchordsfan
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby songbird » Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:58 pm

VMH!!!!!!
THANK YOU SO SO MUCH!!!! :yay:
That was so nice of you, oh my goodness, I nearly fell out of my chair when I heard that!!!!! Oh my god I can't breathe right now, woah...
I cannot thank you enough for that, it's too bad I didn't get to see him live, but this sure makes up for it!! :D :D :D
Thanks so much to everyone who waited around after the show!! EEEEEEEE this is such an amazing morning now!!!
"We're addressing the issues but we're keeping it funky."

Image Image
songbird

Postby mohumbhai mania » Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:29 pm

NICE!
Too much time on too many hands - too many ladies, not enough mans

I am bike-cheese!
mohumbhai mania
Can Attack!

Postby Maze » Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:40 pm

You are too cool, VMH!!! Glad you ladies had a great time.

Thank you for the shoutout from him. He seems so nice. Wish he'd stop by in our town one day!
Maze
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby ItsAllRyche » Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:26 pm

Wow !! That was awesome! Yeah no mistaking that voice!

Thanks to you for your thoughtfulness to include the forum! as well as a personal shout out to Songbird. :clap:

Man, there are great people here, so glad to belong to such a special group of friends!!! :prayer:
ItsAllRyche
Stop touching the monkeys

Postby biscuit » Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:00 pm

Aw, vmh, that was sooo nice :D

Rhys seems like a really cool guy:) Glad to hear you enjoyed his show.
Thanks to Ariadne at RAC for my gorgeous new avi :-)
biscuit
Give me some scruff and a leather jacket...or just the scruff

Postby LikeACurry » Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:48 pm

Viry cool shout out to Songbird & WTF :supz:
Glad you guys had a great time :)
Oh, it was always "Bowie's bumped into a door..."
ImageImageImage
LikeACurry
Consistently Mediocre

Postby bakergirl30 » Sat Jul 25, 2009 6:56 am

Awesome Vmh! I love how you can here Finn in the back ground! :D Like Vmh said he was very funny and if at all possible GO SEE HIM! Or at least get his new dvd. I hadn't laughed that hard in a while. :lol: He was also so nice to come out and say hi to our little group. It was well worth the trip. :P
ImageImageImageImage
bakergirl30
Crying tears of a rapper

Postby Ozpot » Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:16 am

vmh, that is the most amazing thing I've seen since a sliced toaster. The fact that he acknowledged What the Folk! made me very proud to be part of this community.

:biggrin: Rhys is a legend.
ImageImage
Ozpot
Getting lewd with the food

Postby curlisue » Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:24 am

VMH you're a star! That was so nice of you and it was really great to hear 'Murrays' voice mention our forum! He's coming to Edinburgh next month and I've been swithering about going, I'll need to have another think about it :hrm:
Sometimes when I'm freestyling...I lose confidence
curlisue

Postby Venus » Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:17 pm

:clap: Aww vmh, that is so nice of you to get Rhys to make that video message :)

Yay I'm so glad you guys enjoyed his show! I'm going to see him at The Bloomsbury Theatre on Tuesday with a friend and we're both really looking forward to it :D
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter
Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Postby Carol » Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:22 pm

That's just too cool! Way to go, vmh!
Carol

Postby vmh » Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:48 pm

I just wish it didn't come out so dark. It was already dark when I replayed it on my camera but after I uploaded the video, it came out even darker. In retrospect, it would have been better if I found a more lit up area but Rhys was ready to get back to his family. I wasn't going to have him walk around to the front.

curlisue wrote:He's coming to Edinburgh next month and I've been swithering about going, I'll need to have another think about it :hrm:

It was a lot of fun. If you only know Rhys from FOTC, his stand up is entirely different. I've already seen clips of it on youtube prior to going but he does a lot of sound effects. His comedy is more physical. He introduced a few characters into his act and shared a hilarious story about some awkward sex scene in an upcoming movie.

Venus wrote:I'm going to see him at The Bloomsbury Theatre on Tuesday with a friend and we're both really looking forward to it :D

You guys are going to have a blast!
James Bobin: “It’s like a five-year-old and a three-year-old. Jemaine’s the five-year-old, and Bret’s the three-year-old. They’re both wrong, but the five-year-old thinks he’s right.”
vmh
A tasty piece of pastry

Postby songbird » Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:55 pm

vmh wrote:I just wish it didn't come out so dark. It was already dark when I replayed it on my camera but after I uploaded the video, it came out even darker. In retrospect, it would have been better if I found a more lit up area but Rhys was ready to get back to his family. I wasn't going to have him walk around to the front.

Don't even worry about the darkness. There's no mistaking that voice, and quite frankly I'm just too darned happy to care what the video looked like! I wouldn't have cared if there was no picture at all, as long as I could hear what he was saying. Seriously, I'm eternally grateful for this - you rock vmh!! :D
"We're addressing the issues but we're keeping it funky."

Image Image
songbird

Next

Return to Rhys Darby