It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:36 pm

WTFIUO Videos

A little cosy corner for our uke players to gather. Be you potential, beginner, intermediate or world expert on uke playing, this is the place for you.

Moderators: Nancy, SuzyBatt

Re: WTFIUO Videos

Postby nonchalant obsession » Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:14 am

Yeah I was nervous about someone walking in on me! I had one shot, and that was it. My kids got home, then hubby... :worry: I probably won't leave it up for long. Maybe I could've chosen a song that I've played longer than er, um 3 hours. :roll2:
Image..Image..Image
nonchalant obsession
WTF!'s Biggest Blasphemer. Apparently.

Postby mockingbird » Sun Aug 02, 2009 4:25 am

NONCH!! :prayer: You rock so much I can hardly stand it!! I love that song, I was totally singing along with you, hee hee! Oh this is so much fun.

BTW - there is no way I'm going to muck up y'all's lovely uke thread with my obnoxious guitar playing. I don't think there's enough alcohol in the world to convince me to do it, lol. I appreciate the invitation, though.
mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

Postby nonchalant obsession » Sun Aug 02, 2009 4:27 am

You owe me. :nod: I'm just sayin.

C'mon mockingbird. Join the band. :rock:
Image..Image..Image
nonchalant obsession

Postby mockingbird » Sun Aug 02, 2009 4:36 am

I can't! Then you'd have to be called, What The Folk's International Ukelele and One Guitar Orchestra, and that's not right. First of all, I'm not even sure I spelled ukelele right, so clearly I can't be in an orchestra of them, and secondly nobody would ever remember WTFIUAOGO.

However, if I do manage to get my hands on a uke, I'll try to learn a song and how to spell the name of the instrument. ;)
mockingbird

Postby LauraK » Sun Aug 02, 2009 4:53 am

nonch! That was Great!! I loved the face you made when you rocked that one chord! :supz: I could tell you were a bit tentative but there's no need! Man...this place attracts talent... 8)

(mock, you did spell it right and I wanna see/hear you. pleaseprettypleasewithsugarandJemaineontop??) :yawinkle:
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image
LauraK
Boom King!

Postby nonchalant obsession » Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:14 am

*cough* it's ukulele *cough*

Aw, you guys are sweet. I think I just got brainwashed by a certain biscuit into showing everyone what a total uke noob looks like. You know, to make her look even better probably. :wink:

She hasn't even shown up to see it. She's probably on a plane right now to Iowa to kick me out of the band. You better hurry biscuit because I'm not leaving it up for long....

Mock, I happen to know that you have no problem mucking up threads with your obnoxiousness...zing. :wink: So give it a go! You know you wanna. It's no more embarrassing then the Prom thread, right? :worry: How can you resist Laura's pleading?
Image..Image..Image
nonchalant obsession

Postby mockingbird » Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:21 am

nonchalant obsession wrote:*cough* it's ukulele *cough*

Ha ha ha ha! Nope, sorry, it's two to one, Laura and I both agree it's ukelele. ;)
mockingbird

Postby vmh » Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:14 am

Aw, nonch-you're so cute! All of you ladies are far too modest. Everyone has done such a great job!
James Bobin: “It’s like a five-year-old and a three-year-old. Jemaine’s the five-year-old, and Bret’s the three-year-old. They’re both wrong, but the five-year-old thinks he’s right.”
vmh
A tasty piece of pastry

Postby indigo_jones » Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:52 am

Ukulele and Ukelele are both acceptable spellings (although ukulele is approved by my spellchecker).

Nonch, that was awesome! As a diehard Age Pryor fan, if I don't feel like giving you a smackdown then you're more than safe. :lol: Did you get the chords from Chordie?
"It was a hilarious, hilarious moment in a very bleak, bleak time of my life."

Happiness is Bret-Shaped.

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania
indigo_jones
That's Mrs. Indigo Jones-McKenzie to you

Postby biscuit » Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:00 am

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

I LOVED it, Nonch! :D That was like even better than Bretfast! Seriously :nod:

I can't believe you've only played for a week! I'm so glad you're in the WTFIUO (the 'i' in that is for 'imaginary' btw everyone :wink:) And you're so pretty:) You look just like I imagined you would :lol:

I thought Drew was both good looking and good sounding too :nod:

Hope to see more vids from you later, now that you've taken the first big step :wink:

(Mock: why don't you get a uke? That way you can join without screwing up the orchestra name :eyelashes: )
Thanks to Ariadne at RAC for my gorgeous new avi :-)
biscuit
Give me some scruff and a leather jacket...or just the scruff

Postby nonchalant obsession » Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:05 pm

Yeah, Mockingbird, Get a uke. I've got to go pick up another one today because another of my daughters wants to learn to play. :D

Aw shucks, you guys. Thanks for the kind words. :oops:

Indigo: Thanks for your patience as I butchered such a lovely song. Yes, chords are from chordie but it was tabbed for guitar and I did my best to match it. They only had the first verse so I had to use my superior listening skills to get the rest of the words from Age's lips. (BTW, His "calling" doesn't sound a bit like "corning") :wink: His 'Singing in my Soul' on Homerecordings is with a uke isn't it? I'm working on matching his strum. I love the live video to that song with Fly my Pretties. (Is there an Age Pryor thread... :hrm: ) You play the uke right? Chordie said F, Am, B, B7. I play it F, Am, Bbm, Bb7. The refrain: F, Am, Bbm, C. The C I'm not so sure of. Sounds a bit weird.

biscuit: Thanks. It can only get better from here right? Yipes, my littlest daughter spilled about the vid to her bff, so not 5 minutes after it's up, I'm confronted in my own home with, "OMG Mrs. ____ I can't believe you're on YouTube!" Image Thanks for letting me stay in the band. 8)

I hope more people will make videos... :pray:
Image..Image..Image
nonchalant obsession

Postby biscuit » Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:13 pm

Ha ha ha. Kids, eh?

You can set chordie to uke btw. You'll still get the same chords though, only with the uke chord charts :wink:

I think there is an Age Pryor thread in the Cohorts section :nod:

I'm working on my Norwegian song atm. Going with a golden oldie from so it's kind of fun actually :D I was inspired by a link from Zeb in the repertoire thread, and have to say playing old music suits the uke so well.

I think we should have a uke challenge soonish. Wouldn't that be fun? Might wait for some more peeps to post on YT first. There are lots of cool challenges on UU. There is one where you figure out which song was top of the charts when you were born and then play that on the uke :D Mine was a disco tune so I haven't tried it yet :lol:
Thanks to Ariadne at RAC for my gorgeous new avi :-)
biscuit
Give me some scruff and a leather jacket...or just the scruff

Postby funny schipperke » Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:38 pm

Nonch I am so impressed by your uke skills! I can't believe you've only been playing for a week! Great job! :clap:
Image Image
funny schipperke
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby nonchalant obsession » Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:40 pm

Well thanks funnyS. Have you got a uke?.....yet? Resistance is futile. trust me.

Biscuit: ImageMore videos!

Thanks for the guidance...chordies...agepryor....repertoire thread.....check, check, check. :D

Disco on uke? :rolleyes: I can't wait.

Edit to add: Couldn't find an Age Pryor thread. :(
Image..Image..Image
nonchalant obsession

Postby funny schipperke » Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:42 pm

I don't have a uke.... yet. :wink:
I'm hoping to get one really soon. :D
Image Image
funny schipperke
David Bowie's nipple antennae