WTFIUO Videos

A little cosy corner for our uke players to gather. Be you potential, beginner, intermediate or world expert on uke playing, this is the place for you.

Moderators: Nancy, SuzyBatt

Re: WTFIUO Videos

Postby kellysouthpaw » Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:40 pm

Another contribution from Kelly to the WTFIUO!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0GXMngBuKo
kellysouthpaw
She's like Switzerland

Postby biscuit » Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:30 pm

:clap: Go, Kelly :cheer:

That was lovely :nod: You uke is fine too:) Nice to see it properly.

Did you see the 'Shake Your Soul' uke contest on UU? You should enter with that one :wink:
Thanks to Ariadne at RAC for my gorgeous new avi :-)
biscuit
Give me some scruff and a leather jacket...or just the scruff

Postby kellysouthpaw » Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:31 pm

Ooh! Maybe I should...I'm sure I won't win but it would be nice to enter :)
kellysouthpaw
She's like Switzerland

Postby biscuit » Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:35 pm

Yeah, do! I entered the 'Go 90s' one. Of course I haven't got a chance but it's nice to get out there :wink:
biscuit

Postby nonchalant obsession » Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:29 pm

Kelly! :clap: Wow, that was really good. What a beautiful voice you have. That song is really good on uke. I could never sing that range however.

indigo_jones wrote:Both versions of the song are absolutely gorgeous, aren't they! Of course, I had my own bit of confusion over lyrics in that song. Didn't find out the proper lyrics until I got the Homerecordings CD, which has the lyrics. I'm not sure if Age was horrified or amused when I told him of the confusion (we've exchanged a few e-mails over the years). :oops:

:shock: :D 8) You must spill details. Please? Have you met him? Seen him live? How'd you get his email address? Also, I would love to see the lyrics since I downloaded my album. :( But, yes they are absolutely gorgeous. I am facinated by his lyrics, and I'm totally digging his music. I'll have to complete my collection, I think I'm missing one album.

RE lyric confusion: Is it the line..."Feeling me up...on the floor." ?!?!?! :roll2: Which I chose to sing as, "Filling me up...from the flow."??!?!?!
indigo_jones wrote:Oh, and there's now an Age Pryor thread in the Cohorts section. ;)

:supz: That will be my next stop.

Oh, and Indigo I hope you will record a song. I borrowed a mac laptop to record mine. It was simple simon. Camera/speakers built right in. No fuss. Uploaded to Youtube in a jiffy.

Go biscuit and Kelly! Win awards for the WTFIUO! :cheer:
Image..Image..Image
nonchalant obsession
WTF!'s Biggest Blasphemer. Apparently.

Postby indigo_jones » Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:56 am

Nonch, the proper line is "feel the ebb and the flow" ... yeah, I think my version was more fun. ;)

Great job, kelly!
"It was a hilarious, hilarious moment in a very bleak, bleak time of my life."

Happiness is Bret-Shaped.

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania
indigo_jones
That's Mrs. Indigo Jones-McKenzie to you

Postby nonchalant obsession » Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:47 pm

indigo_jones wrote:Nonch, the proper line is "feel the ebb and the flow" ... yeah, I think my version was more fun. ;)

That made me choke laughing! Damn, I'm bad with lyrics. Both mine were kinda dirty. Shocking huh. Did you think it was, "feeling me up" too?

biscuit, have you entered anything? do we get a new video soon? :rock:

Me and my band are working on "Cruel to be Kind" by Nick Lowe. It's got fast crazy chord changes, but it rocks and we laugh so hard.

Here's another uke babe doin it. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMSiktFOPq4
Image..Image..Image
nonchalant obsession

Postby biscuit » Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:15 pm

Cool:)
I bet it sounds fab with your band. You should make a band vid with it :wink:

I entered a contest called 'Go 90s' with my Bar Italia cover :nod: Not expecting much, but it was fun :D

The last two days I haven't been up for making vids, because I've been feeling a bit poorly. Actually ended up in the ER yesterday because of an irregular heartbeat. No fun and very scary, but apparently nothing to worry about :roll:

Feeling a lot better today :D Not sure what song to learn next :hrm: May make new vid later on :wink:
biscuit

Postby nonchalant obsession » Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:21 pm

Oh, biscuit! Take care of you. :goodman:

:supz: Hurrah for you entering the contest. You are so good. Is it by voting or what? How do I check it out?

What songs do we need to know for the cyberjam?
Image..Image..Image
nonchalant obsession

Postby biscuit » Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:55 pm

I think the person who started the contest will decide who wins :wink: Anyone can start a contest on UU. They have a whole section for contests on there. It's pretty cool 8)

I'm still trying to figure out how to stream live in order to make the jam session happen. I'll get back with info when I know more. As for the songs :hrm: Either just check out the repertoire thread, or maybe decide on a couple each and we all have to check them out. Then we could do some new ones too. :)
biscuit

Postby mockingbird » Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:04 pm

OK folks. I uploaded me butchering Bus Driver's Song to YouTube. It's on guitar. Sorry. Should I start a new thread or just post it here?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MegCgC4eI3Y

I'm just posting it here, if I should move it I can do that. I don't want to hijack your uke thread, really. I must warn you, I mess up severely a few times - if you are looking for a nice, musically correct version of this song, then this is not the video for you, lol. But, it is pretty funny. ;) (That's my son helping me out at the end.) Oh and crank it up, it's pretty quiet, I have no idea why.
Last edited by mockingbird on Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

Postby kellysouthpaw » Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:08 pm

Just post it here! I'm too excited to wait :D
kellysouthpaw
She's like Switzerland

Postby mockingbird » Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:10 pm

Hee hee, Kelly! I am abysmally off key at several parts, my voice is certainly not on a par with yours I'm afraid. Let's just say it's better suited to the "comedy" part of "musical comedy", ha ha.
mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

Postby biscuit » Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:19 pm

:cheer:

That was great, Mocks :D I actually liked the fact that you messed up. It was like having a friend over and just messing around trying out a song :lol: And your kid helping out was too cute :D
biscuit

Postby kellysouthpaw » Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:19 pm

Mock it's great, I'm serious! BDS is so hard to sing for a girl who is not a soprano because it's a bit too low for most girls to sing, but to move it up an octave will be too high/weird sounding. So with that you did a GREAT job! I didn't know you played left handed - though I do remember you saying you were left handed so I don't know why I was surprised to seeing you play as such. Maybe because I'm left handed but I play guitar/uke right handed :)

P.S. I'm not that great of a singer really :) I just don't sing anything too challenging for my vocal range, that way I don't have the chance to sound horrendous - which I would!
kellysouthpaw
She's like Switzerland

PreviousNext

Return to Uke players corner