Flight of the Conchords for new album and UK live gigs

Conchords news, chit chat, waffle and conversation. Also convo about Bret and Jemaine in Conchords mode
Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Flight of the Conchords for new album and UK live gigs

Postby Venus » Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:54 pm

Flight Of The Conchords for new album and UK live gigs
September 1, 2009

Flight Of The Conchords have announced details of their second album - and have also revealed that they will play live UK gigs next year.

The comedy/music duo, Bret McKenzie and Jemaine Clement, will release 'I Told You I Was Freaky' on October 26. It will feature selected songs from the second series of the TV comedy show, which broadcast in the UK earlier this year.

In a statement they also revealed that they would play UK live dates in early 2010 – but have not revealed details of specific shows yet.

Songs set for inclusion on the album, their second full-length effort, include 'Too Many Dicks (On The Dancefloor)', 'Friends', 'Sugalumps', 'We're Both In Love With A Sexy Lady' and 'Carol Brown'.

Keep checking NME.COM for details of the pair's live gigs when announced.

Source

Early 2010? :thud:

:boogie: :supz: :yay:
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter

Maze
Registered Rhymnecologist

Re: Flight of the Conchords for new album and UK live gigs

Postby Maze » Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:21 pm

Awesome news, Venus. I'm very happy for you and all our UK WTFers!!!

As much as I enjoy all the pics from this past tour, the prospect of new ones is THRILLING. Will keep my fingers crossed for more concrete news soon.

:cheer: :dance:

vmh
Crying tears of a rapper

Postby vmh » Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:02 pm

In a statement they also revealed that they would play UK live dates in early 2010 – but have not revealed details of specific shows yet.

That's sooner than I expected! Are any N. Americans still thinking about making a trip there?
James Bobin: “It’s like a five-year-old and a three-year-old. Jemaine’s the five-year-old, and Bret’s the three-year-old. They’re both wrong, but the five-year-old thinks he’s right.”

biscuit
Give me some scruff and a leather jacket...or just the scruff

Postby biscuit » Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:04 pm

:woohoo:

I really hope this is true!
Thanks to Ariadne at RAC for my gorgeous new avi :-)

DangerMouse
Consistently Mediocre

Postby DangerMouse » Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:06 pm

biscuit wrote::woohoo:

I really hope this is true!

Me too... I am looking forward to seeing if he lifts any more dudes :lol:
...if anyone needs me I will be in my office doing madlibs...

mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

Postby mockingbird » Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:22 pm

I'M SO JEALOUS. Happy for you people too, but SO JEALOUS. At least, like others have said, we'll have new pics and stories to look forward to. (Still so jealous.)
Last edited by mockingbird on Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mohumbhai mania
Can Attack!

Postby mohumbhai mania » Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:26 pm

NO I'M NOT GOING. NO I'M NOT UPSET I'M SPENDING MY TRIP MONEY DOING DUTIFUL DAUGHTER THINGS.

why do you ask?
Too much time on too many hands - too many ladies, not enough mans

I am bike-cheese!

bakergirl30
Getting lewd with the food

Postby bakergirl30 » Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:32 pm

mockingbird wrote:I'M SO JEALOUS. Happy for you people too, but SO JEALOUS. At least, like others have said, we'll have new pics and stories to look forward to. (Still so jealous.)

:nod: :roll2: :nod:
DITTO
ImageImageImageImage

4everconchordsfan
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby 4everconchordsfan » Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:37 pm

vmh wrote:

That's sooner than I expected! Are any N. Americans still thinking about making a trip there?

I'm so excited for everyone in the UK, this is awesome news!

Hiya V, yeah im hoping to go & I'm pretty certain that Nonob is set to go too. Im thinking that youre in too, right?? I will have to see if funds will allow it but ive been planning for it and have enough air miles saved up for a free ticket to either NZ or Europe, so there is a decision to be made there. If the airfares to Europe stay as dirt cheap as they've been for the last 6 months it should be ok. Ive mentioned going over the pond to Eorious too, betcha she's up for it. Having a great WTF group meet up & the guys too, WOW, what a great trip that would be.

** Edited to add **
an apartment rental in London & a group roomies, that is sounding fun. Betcha Amanda would be joining us too.
Last edited by 4everconchordsfan on Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"they're my celebrities, they're what I care about"

vmh
Crying tears of a rapper

Postby vmh » Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:38 pm

mohumbhai mania wrote:NO I'M NOT GOING. NO I'M NOT UPSET I'M SPENDING MY TRIP MONEY DOING DUTIFUL DAUGHTER THINGS.

why do you ask?

:lol: Aw, sorry mm!

I'm just curious. When I met up with all the Chicagoans in Vegas, 4everconchordsfan expressed an interest in going to some of the Europe gigs. It seems like a hefty sum to spend on a Conchords gig but my vacation is long overdue and it might be cool to spend a week up there. We'll see.
James Bobin: “It’s like a five-year-old and a three-year-old. Jemaine’s the five-year-old, and Bret’s the three-year-old. They’re both wrong, but the five-year-old thinks he’s right.”

vmh
Crying tears of a rapper

Postby vmh » Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:44 pm

4everconchordsfan wrote:
vmh wrote:

I'm so excited for everyone in the UK, this is awesome news!

Hiya V, yeah im hoping to go & I'm pretty certain that Nonob is set to go too. Im thinking that youre in too, right?? I will have to see if funds will allow it but ive been planning for it and have enough air miles saved up for a free ticket to either NZ or Europe, so there is a decision to be made there. If the airfares to Europe stay as dirt cheap as they've been for the last 6 months it should be ok. Ive mentioned going over the pond to Eorious too, betcha she's up for it. Having a great WTF group meet up & the guys too, WOW, what a great trip that would be.

I want to say that I'm in but it depends on when they play and how much money I could save by then. I wouldn't be opposed to sharing a room if anyone wanted to save $$$. But that can all be discussed when the tour dates are announced.

Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Postby Venus » Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:44 pm

Sorry to hear that mohumbhai. Great to hear some of you guys are planning on flying over. And why limit yourself to one gig? The good thing about the UK is that another concert in another town is just a drive/train/coach ride away ;)
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter

Panda..ness
Consistently Mediocre

Postby Panda..ness » Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:52 pm

i saw this earlier & punched the air & went YESSSS.
i will be going to as many as i can afford :D

Why did i get double stuffed?

vmh
Crying tears of a rapper

Postby vmh » Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:57 pm

Venus wrote:Sorry to hear that mohumbhai. Great to hear some of you guys are planning on flying over. And why limit yourself to one gig? The good thing about the UK is that another concert in another town is just a drive/train/coach ride away ;)

Very true. I'm going to try to make as many as I can in a week's time.

mohumbhai mania
Can Attack!

Postby mohumbhai mania » Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:11 pm

Aw, thanks. I'll live. :D

and I'm looking forward to all the pics and vids. It'll be so cool.
Too much time on too many hands - too many ladies, not enough mans

I am bike-cheese!

Return to “Flight of The Conchords”